Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Star Trek Into Darkness: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN?

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 Next >

05.25.2013 6:16pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I think people are confusing what would work for a Star Trek movie with what would work for an episode of a Star Trek TV show.

Jump to Post

06.03.2013 11:09pm

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I enjoyed the movie, but not as much as the last one, and Wrath of Khan still holds the reigns as the best Star Trek movie to date. I think Benedict Cumberbatch would've been excellent as a new villian without having to change any of his look or acting style in this movie.

This movie suffers from the same plague that pretty much killed Star Trek after Voyager was done and Enterprise stumbled onto the airwaves: they keep recycling the same crap over and over again. It was okay in the beginning, but now it's really tiresome. I was hoping for some NEW old Trek and this movie had none of it.

As bad as it was, I want a Star Trek movie more like The Motion Picture. Use its ideas, but make it not suck. Throughout the entire Star Trek movie saga, I think we've been introduced to a whopping TWO unknown, out-there aliens: Vger and the whale probe job from The Voyage Home. Remember when Star Trek was about seeking out new life forms and new civilizations? Yeah, Star Trek hasn't really done that since TNG. I'm talking full-blown aliens that don't look like humans, don't breathe our air, and can't be communicated with using simple Trek technology.

When John Harrison said he was Khan, I seriously didn't give a shit.

Abrams and the gang have the ship and crew done right. The characters are excellent; they really couldn't have picked a better cast. The ship isn't too bad, either. Everything else is wrong. The constant rehash of old Trek shit is really disappointing. I'm tired of Romulans, Klingons, and Humans. They've got an entire universe to play with and they aren't doing anything with it. Here's hoping they try something new in the next movie.

I made this for you!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter