Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

Superman and Batman movie is a go

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

12.10.2013 4:47pm

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

The Hulk said:
But I worry about their over eagerness to seize some Avengers glory.  That movie had a lot of a build up and groundwork laid before it came to pass and it was STILL kind of mediocre.  This one all feels far too rushed.
This. Thanks for saving me the time to explain my apprehension.

The write-ups did mention mere cameos, but they tossed in too many names (GL, Cyborg, Barry Allen) that the cameo idea might just defeat itself.  It's like squeezing in supposed years of work in a 2-minute epilogue.

Right. Rushed.

Jump to Post

12.12.2013 12:05am

Cameron
Registered Member

Snyder couldn't even make good use of Perry White and Lois Lane in a movie that featured only a single hero. Laurence Fishbourne was totally unnecessary in 'Man of Steel', and Lois was really hamfisted into the plot. I don't have much faith in his ability to seemlessly work in Batman, Wonder Woman, and better develop the characters he's already established. 

Jump to Post

05.13.2014 10:12pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

I've been on board with Affleck from the start and the new pic does nothing to sway my opinion that he is a potentially great choice for Batman.  Still unsure about the film itself but there's nothing to be done about that now.

(I know there's better versions but I didn't want to go all huge on the forum.)

Jump to Post

05.13.2014 10:28pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Jesus, Affleck bulked up, I love it. I don't like the cowl being attached to the body piece however; it goes back to the '89 problem of Batman not being able to move his neck while in the suit.

Jump to Post

05.14.2014 12:04am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Man I just don't know.

Jump to Post

05.14.2014 12:32am

Kal
yes

the costume itself looks pretty good, but what's up with the bat symbol? that is one of the most poorly designed symbols yet.. it looks so boxy and weird?

Jump to Post

05.14.2014 1:11am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

"I think it's trying to look like the Dark Knight Returns Frank Miller logo?" Reido said, not looking up the image out of sheer laziness.

Jump to Post

05.14.2014 1:29am

Zubis
Registered Member

Yeah.

Jump to Post

05.14.2014 1:41am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Unless that double as a huge armor plate, it doesn't translate very well!

Jump to Post

05.14.2014 2:24am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

The fact that they're taking their cues from Miller is basically them lighting up a giant sign saying [size=150]WE HOPE YOU LIKE GRIMDARK[/size]

Jump to Post

05.15.2014 12:38am
Thread Creator

Old Juan
filled with hate

I've made peace with Affleck as Batman, I'm still more concerned over the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex. As for the pic, its very much The Dark Knight Returns.

Jump to Post

05.16.2014 6:44am

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Damn, and I was hoping for commando-Batman they had going in the video games.  That costume is both supercool and makes a lot of sense.

Jump to Post

07.26.2014 6:35pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Good job imo.

Jump to Post

07.27.2014 4:59am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I like it.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

07.27.2014 7:51am

The Hulk
Good Boy

It's not crap but it's not really..anything.  Except Xena.  Very safe.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter