Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

"Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?!"

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next >

03.29.2014 7:18am

scnix
scnix.com

The trailer says "Heroes are created." Does that mean the turtles are not aliens anymore? 

Jump to Post

03.29.2014 8:19am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I think it's the mutagen (or whatever transforms them) that's alien, not the turtles themselves.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

03.29.2014 6:00pm

kjonez
with a Z

This just reminds me of why I never bothered to watch his Transformers movies after the first one. It's like he took the same effects and slapped it on another childhood memory only to ruin it again. Trailer was lame and the sound was just awful. 

Oh and Mike, stop trying to be like Christopher Nolan, that requires knowing how to direct.

Jump to Post

03.30.2014 3:24am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

kjonez said:

This just reminds me of why I never bothered to watch his Transformers movies after the first one. It's like he took the same effects and slapped it on another childhood memory only to ruin it again. Trailer was lame and the sound was just awful. 

Oh and Mike, stop trying to be like Christopher Nolan, that requires knowing how to direct.

Michael Bay isn't directing this one though.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

03.30.2014 8:01am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Jump to Post

03.30.2014 5:22pm

kjonez
with a Z

Indiana Jerico said:
Michael Bay isn't directing this one though.

As a producer he'll still have a hell of a lot of creative input. This includes casting, scripting, visuals etc. Judging from that opeing shot to the teaser it's clear he's trying to copy Nolan's style. 

Jump to Post

03.31.2014 3:19pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

kjonez said:

As a producer he'll still have a hell of a lot of creative input. This includes casting, scripting, visuals etc. Judging from that opeing shot to the teaser it's clear he's trying to copy Nolan's style. 

With explosions. Always with the explosions.

Jump to Post

06.24.2014 11:33pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

The newest trailer

Sigh....

Jump to Post

06.25.2014 2:38am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

This picture pretty much says it all:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here vomitting in the corner.

Jump to Post

06.25.2014 2:59am

kjonez
with a Z

'So they're aliens?'

'No, that's stupid.'

................yup
Anyways, aside from a possible single fight scene with Raph and Shredder I have no interest in this at all. 

Jump to Post

06.25.2014 3:14am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Ummmmmmmmmmm

Hell no.

Jump to Post

06.25.2014 4:30am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I'd still watch this. Imma turn off my brain while watching this. And I'll prolly enjoy it.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

06.25.2014 4:48am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

That is glorious.  I love it.  From the Michael Bay-esque look, jerky camera moves and over-saturated colors, to the ear-splitting dubstep, that trailer is a lovingly, meticulously crafted tribute to everything so many of us hate about movies nowadays.   It's everything a Ninja Turtles movie shouldn't be, to the extent that it has to be deliberate.  Bay is falling into self-parody, and this movie definitely looks to be in "so bad, it's good" territory.

I do legitimately think that making the Turtles look a little more distinct from one another was a good idea, but that's the only flaw in an otherwise perfect package of wrong.

Jump to Post

06.25.2014 11:57am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Don't forget all the retina-burning, Abrams inspired lens flares!

Jump to Post

06.25.2014 4:55pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Looks like Splinter won't make it though the whole movie. Also, the fact that each turtle is now a stereotype and they're recycling set pieces from the Transformers movies and....you know what? Just write it off, right now.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter