Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  Entertainment Discussion

The Wolverine

07.30.2013 10:39am

Zubis
Registered Member

I thought they were using Apocalypse in DOFP next year?

I kinda like Marvel's approach - they put Thanos in the Avengers for fanboys, but they realised no-one knows who he is. So they'll build him up in Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2, and have him be the main villain in Avengers 3. It's a five year plan, but it's a good way of doing it.

Jump to Post

07.30.2013 5:08pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Som said:

Just got back from seeing it. better than Origins but that isn't hard.

The ending and other stuff

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
So the bit after the main credits with Magneto and Xavier. it'll be hard to watch it again unless you plan on seeing it again, but i swear you can see Bishop in it.

Also, about the claws, well actually his adamantium skeleton that gets sucked out. I know in the comics it's magneto that rips it out, i have the trading card of that. I also know that i read it grows back for whatever reason, something about the adamantium being in his DNA or something. You think that's what they'll do for the movies?

And now i know, Mariko =/= Deathstrike, guess i don't know as much about Wolverine as i thought.

Yes, Magneto ripped out his adamantium (really good storyline where Colossus' little sister had just died).  But it didn't grow back.  He was without it for quite some time.  Mutated further for some reason into a more feral creature.  Then, if I recall, Sabretooth got adamantium for some reason, and then I believe Apocalypse had the two of them fight.  Wolverine won, and Apoc gave him the adamantium and turned him into his new Death.  It was something along those lines.

Jump to Post

07.30.2013 5:12pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Zubis said:

I thought they were using Apocalypse in DOFP next year?

That's not what I've understood thus far. The main villain(s) will be Bolivar Trask and the Sentinels. Or that's what people are assuming, since Peter Dinklage has been all but confirmed to have been cast as Trask.

Jump to Post

07.30.2013 11:02pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

Colinp42 said:

Yes, Magneto ripped out his adamantium (really good storyline where Colossus' little sister had just died).  But it didn't grow back.  He was without it for quite some time.  Mutated further for some reason into a more feral creature.  Then, if I recall, Sabretooth got adamantium for some reason, and then I believe Apocalypse had the two of them fight.  Wolverine won, and Apoc gave him the adamantium and turned him into his new Death.  It was something along those lines.
god damn were am i getting this info. everything i know is wrong :S

Jump to Post

07.30.2013 11:15pm
 (Edited on 07.30.2013 at 11:50pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

Catastrophe said:

That's not what I've understood thus far. The main villain(s) will be Bolivar Trask and the Sentinels. Or that's what people are assuming, since Peter Dinklage has been all but confirmed to have been cast as Trask.

Yeah, but the question is, how did Trask get advanced robotic tech in the 70s?

Viral marketing begins.

Apparently these are Mark I Sentinels, used in the 1970s. The Mark X are the traditional comic Sentinels that will be used in the movie.

EDIT: https://www.trask-industries.com/#/innovation

Wow, sounds like a very dark world.

Jump to Post

07.31.2013 1:39pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Zubis said:
Yeah, but the question is, how did Trask get advanced robotic tech in the 70s?

There are obviously some time travel shenanigans going on here, considering they're folding in the original X-movie canon (at least to a degree).  But I'm with Som, I think Apocalypse is just too much, unless they tone him down to a degree that he might as well be someone else entirely.  I have a hard time seeing him gelling with the setting.

I can see Trask-in-the-future discovering time travel and going back to supply Trask-in-the-past, though.  Peter Dinkledge is huge right now and it would fit with the multiple timelines/time travel motif.

Jump to Post

07.31.2013 3:14pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I want a Dark Angel Saga movie :)

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 10:34am

Som
Genitals are Funny

Can we have the sentinels from X-Men: Children of the Atom. Best Sentinels Ever

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 1:32pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I always liked classic Nimrod.  Not Bastion, Nimrod.  The issue where Rogue had to absorb Kitty, Nighcrawler and Colossus to beat him (maybe Rachel too? can't remember) was one of my all time favorites.

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 7:30pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Unf.

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 8:12pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

All that clear "plastic" armor gives it such a rad 2010s feeling, even while the design itself--much like the original Sentinel design--is so dumb it comes right back around to being awesome again. 

Jump to Post

08.01.2013 9:19pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

I'm thinking it's got a distinctly retro look, acually, aside from the clearness.  But yeah, awesome.  They did a good job making these look menacing too.

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 6:09am

Som
Genitals are Funny

It's like one of those Macs all the highschools gots, but with legs.

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 1:34pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yes.  That's perfect.  With legs, guns, and the desire to wipe you out as a species.

Jump to Post

08.02.2013 5:18pm

Zubis
Registered Member

iSentinel. I see it.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter