Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Easiest Final Fantasy Game

Which FF game do you think was the easiest?

Show Poll Results

04.02.2013 6:38am

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

XIII.  Platium in less than 100 hours and optional enemies aren't really challenging either.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 9:16am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

kjonez said:

The first time you played VIII it wasn't that easy though. I think for first playthrough X has everything beat. 

It was since all you had to really do is draw as much spells as you can and your GF's can be summoned all the time.  You can pretty much turn Squall to a killing machine early in the game.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 10:33am

Blayze
Registered Member

Including all optional enemies and bosses, I'd say IX was easiest. Even Ozma and Hades were easy simply because of how low their HP was and how much HP could be taken with regular attacks like Shock. Each could be beaten in a few rounds of attacks providing you could withstand the 2 minutes of onslaught.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 12:45pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

VIII I think. Quistis card modded gives you enough triples to break the game before even reaching Dollet. I've just completed a play through including all side quests in under 30 hours. I will be doing challenges such as low level play through's in future I think.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 2:43pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

VII.

As for VIII, you try surviving The Island Closest to Heaven or The Island Closest to Hell when you're not lvl 100. And hell, even then.

As for IX, it's easy, but not as easy as VII.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 2:50pm

Kal
yes

VIII is super easy if you abuse the system but if you play it normally, it's quite alright, whereas FFIX or FFVII (materia keeper aside) are just super easy without even grinding or going the extra mile.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 2:56pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Materia Keeper, Shmateria Keeper.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 2:59pm

Kal
yes

shuddap, materia keeper was a douche!

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 3:03pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Douche yes, hard no :P

The Demon Wall sometimes gives me more trouble than the Materia Keeper ever does.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 3:30pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Kal said:

VIII is super easy if you abuse the system but if you play it normally, it's quite alright, whereas FFIX or FFVII (materia keeper aside) are just super easy without even grinding or going the extra mile.

I disagree, I've always found IX the hardest of the PS1 games.

VIII is the easiest to manipuate into being easy, but VII is probably the easiest if you take them head-on.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 3:54pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

In terms of sidequests, IX can be pretty taxing. Otherwise, it's fairly easy.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 4:46pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I also thought IX was the toughest of the three PS1 FF's, but none of them were really that hard.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 5:05pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I guess looking back it was a getting-into-it thing; particularly, I had a lot of trouble on the stretch after you pick up Freya and Quina.  After that, I honestly can't remember any real problem spots?  But that sequence (notably the lack of WHM character, I guess) made a strong first impression.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 5:16pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Most of IX's hassel was trying to steal all the good items. Other than that I can't remember FFIX being too diffcult.

FFX was a game of rock paper's sissors. Since you were allowed to switch characters mostly all you have to do is use the character the enemy is weak againts at.

Jump to Post

04.02.2013 6:13pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

FFX wasn't too difficult outside of the optional stuff, but I found it very satisfactory in terms of challenge. It made me think and use strategies I otherwise ignored in the PS1 FF's.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter