Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFVII PS4 Remake

< Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Next >

05.10.2019 10:55am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Is it just me or does Sephiroth sound like a eunuch? (Unless that voice is meant to be 'real Cloud'/Jenova or whoever the hell it was inside his head for the first half of the game).

And I think they made Aeris a little too... girly.... Like, she's meant to be older than Cloud and Tifa for Azeyma's sake!

Okay maybe I'm just nitpicking here for the sake of criticism. Really the only thing I can see fault with... is if that music is meant to be representative of the final OST and is not just a placeholder (like the original remake announcement trailer used a remix from Advent Children and the second one used the recording of the live orchestrated version of Bombing Mission from the More Friends concert)... then SE [b]NEEDS[/b[ to fire whoever the hell it is they got to handle the soundtrack right now. It does not suit FFVII at all. This won't be FFVII if there isn't at least arrangements of Uematsu's original soundtrack somewhere - imagine if they replace One-Winged Angel with a crappy screechy guitar piece?

Regardless, I can't wait for this. :D

Jump to Post

05.10.2019 11:42am

Magnus
Registered Member

Sephiroths voice sounded off in Dissidia NT as well. I would attribute it more to age .

On Aerith. I didn't think so much girly as slightly bland. Her eyes just don't look like they should.

Jump to Post

05.10.2019 3:35pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I wish they would return to a turn based combat from the original, it feels too much like final fantasy 13, but it is looking great, so it's piquing my interest.

Jump to Post

05.13.2019 1:18am

Plectrude
Preivously known as F1r18

It's looking great ! I don't think I will ever be happy with any voice for ff7, hopefully we can put subtitles.

Enkidoh said:

And I think they made Aeris a little too... girly.... Like, she's meant to be older than Cloud and Tifa for Azeyma's sake!

Agreed, from my memory she's supposed to be strong and independent. Let her be flirtatious, but not girly like this.

Jump to Post

06.04.2019 3:13pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I think Aerith looks okay. Not great, but sufficient for graphics these days. Doesn't really look too girly to me. The original building block for this character was that of the "ideal woman", so the display of femininity seems appropriate.

Jump to Post

06.11.2019 12:32am
 (Edited on 06.11.2019 at 2:37am)

Magnus
Registered Member

Trailer dropped during an opening syphony last night at E3. March 3, 2020 is the release date for episode 1. Now if we only knew where the stopping point would be. The lack of scenes outside Midgar makes me wonder if the story stops after the Plate drop, resuming with Aerith's backstory and storming the Shinra Building in episode 2.

RIP Hiedegger's epic evil beard. Sems Beau Billingslea got shifted from Barret to Hiedegger. There's been some talk of cast changes. Hopefully they keep Steve Burton, Rachael Leigh Cook, Quinton Flynn, Crispin Freeman, and Steve Blum.

No sign of Tifa so they may be saving her for TGS 2019.

We'll see what information comes tonight. Hopefully we get some actual tidbits on the battle system and how Materia is being handled.

How to handle Ultima, Ruby, and Emerald Weapons. You'd want some story behind it so it does feel like something other than you effectively beatting the game.

Update:

Tifa finally revealed. Her design is mostly faithful to the original game but they gave her stockings for whatever reason. Looks like Rachael Leigh Cook is out. We'll actually be going to the Shinra Building. Red XIII is yet to be revealed but I see him showing up at TGS. We'll probably see Reno before him. Battle system is spamming square for regular attacks. You have an ATB guage will fill over time but successful attacks will fill it faster. Filling it allow you to use spells, Limit attacks, etc.

There will be misisons involving motorcyles combat. Hopefully this leads to a sidequest later in the story so Cloud can get Fenrir.

You can switch bewteen characters or assign commands ot them when ATB is filled. You want to use your characters strategically depending on the fight.

The game will have a standard, Deluxe, and First Class edition. First Class edition comes with a Cloud on Hardy Daytona Bike.

Jump to Post

06.11.2019 8:40am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Big fat meh.  Doesn't look like my kind of game at all.  The FF8 remaster reveal got a far more positive reaction out of me.

Jump to Post

06.11.2019 12:30pm

Enkidoh

Fantastic.... that's all I can say. And I take back what I said last time about the music, orchestrated remixes of the original Uematsu OST are a go it seems (I love that rendition of Fighting).

The only meh I have is Heidegger's voice is too lacking in... well... goofiness (Heidegger may have been Shinra's top military brass but he was also an absolutely incompetent moron in a general's uniform that the game played for laughs every time he was on screen and opened his mouth). And although a two second snippet in a 3 minute long trailer can't give the full story, it's clear SE are trying to make him more ominous... I'm sorry SE but I can't let go of that image of him cackling "Gya...?" when Rufus told him to "stop that ridiculous horse laugh". :p

Either way, this is going to be a nice birthday present for me next year (what's the betting the First Class edition is limited worldwide to something like 100 copies and is entirelly sold out in a second by onsellers?).

Jump to Post

06.11.2019 11:49pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Looks a lot better than I thought it would. But they'd better not shoehorn Genesis/Gacktaroth in this thing, or no sale.

Jump to Post

06.12.2019 12:37am

Magnus
Registered Member

I don't think they are able to, even if they wanted to. It's been over a decade since Crisis Core and I think the contract with Gackt expired. So they cannot use Genesis without a significant redesign or Gackt's permission since the character design is based off his likeness. If anything, there may be a nod to Angeal and Genesis in classified files. But don't expect them to appear. Besides, by this point, Genesis would be hiebernating in stasis beneath Midgar.

About the only things I see appearing form the Compilation games and AC are the former Turks members, the ruins of Angeal and Genesis' village, Healing Lodge, and Fenrir.

Jump to Post

06.13.2019 5:53pm

Testament
Shamshot

Shit is FIRE.

Jump to Post

07.08.2019 8:18pm

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

Rachel Leigh Cook MADE Tifa great for me. I've always been in the Team Aeris camp, and Cook's girl next door vibe worked so well with Tifa that I started liking her more.

You know what though? With all of the talk of Episodic Content, and in this world of endless DLC, an alternate story mode where Aeris (sorry, calling her Aerith just eternally rubs me the wrong way) doesn't die, and all of the mess that could cause if her Holy prayer didn't work would be fun to mess around in. It would take 45 years to make, but I enjoyed the "What If" concept of the main hero dying that was concieved in Dragon Age Origin's Darkspawn Chronicles, despite hating the mode.  

Jump to Post

09.11.2019 6:17pm

Enkidoh

New gameplay trailer from TGS....

O... M... G...

Amazing... it's all I can say, I'm so amazed I can't even fangasm...

Some plot tweaks can be seen (fighting ghosts in the Sector 7 Slums, President Shinra's first appearence outside the Number 5 Reactor via weird hologram rather than on a helicopter, Tseng arresting Aeris at her house actually depicted, Cloud fighting Reno in the Church instead of the barrel pushing minigame...

And who is that short-blonde-haired SOLDIER with the Enhanced Sword on the motorcycle? I sure hope they're not trying to shoehorn in stupid Genesis again. ><

Also, Don Conero is even more creepy now than he was back in 1997. I love that new version of Aeris's Wall Market dress. Either way, it all but confirms the Wall Market section IS in. :D

March can't come quick enough! :D

Jump to Post

09.11.2019 6:35pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Look I know I'm a cynical fuck but...that voice acting really doesn't sound like ass to anyone else?  It's 2019 and this sounds at best on par with FFX.

Jump to Post

09.11.2019 10:50pm

Magnus
Registered Member

My guess is the SOLDIER ismeant to be the major antagonist of the episode. So likely he won't be seen beyond Midgar and could be the final boss of the game. I will say that SOLDIER was greatly underutilized for how talked up it was early in the game. All they were was glorified grunts in random encounters.

And as I have said, Genesis probably will not be in the game save as referenced in possible classified files inside Shinra HQ. We have to take into account whether or not their contract with Gackt has expired and likely has since the charatcer has not been seen in any further SquareEnix game since Crisis Core.

I am glad we will be getting earlier encounters with Reno and Rude. Hopefully we will get a fight with Tseng at some point. As for Elena, I would like a few mroe fights but leave the encoutner at Iccicle Inn in since it was a nice way to help pep up the player after what had just happened, if you pressed the left button.

So we'll eb getting Ifrit and Shiva earlier than in the original game. This does leave potential for additional summons that weren't in the game. I wouldn't mind Bahamut Sin being one, even Garuda, Bismark, and a few others from past FF games.

They clearly aren't going to show Cloud's dress in trailers. We'll undoubtedly see Tifa's in the next trailer.

I can understand why they aren't showing Red XIII yet, since he joins very late in this episode.

Is that Rofocale I see?

That ending shot of Cloud, Barret and Tifa looking on at the ruins of Sector 7... Biggs, Wedge, Jessie. I remember the first time I legit played the game at home and not in stores were the game was usually early in. The plate collapsed and I realized they were gone. 

VA. Tifa sounds fine. Aerith's voice is a bit irritating though, like the VA was tyring too hard. CC's VA was better.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter