Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

"FFVI re-release screenshots...!"

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next >

01.24.2014 2:31am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

The downgrade in sound for FFVI Advance was noticable when I played the game on my DSlite, but it wasn't that bad, at least not until the Floating Continent. I remember that track in particular being especially bad in comparison to the original though it's been a few years so my memory's a little fuzzy on the specifics.

In regards to the mobile version of FFVI, well even if I had a device to play it on, I would not touch it. It's a lot like what I remember seeing of the mobile FFV, terrible character sprites but well done enemy portraits in battles. The DRM and the glitches I've heard about only solidifies my stance against it, should I ever have a device that can play the game.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

01.25.2014 8:27am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

So has anyone actually played this yet?

Jump to Post

01.25.2014 1:52pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

No, but I heard that when it launched (and maybe still?) the game was unbeatable because it would crash during a scene with General Leo mid game.  Amazing job, SE.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.25.2014 4:41pm

Crisium
N/A

They finally patched the Leo crash, and added Blitz commands.  But it still looks terrible, so I'm staying far away.

Jump to Post

01.25.2014 4:47pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Apparently the patch also fixed the stupid 'espier' typo as well, but yeah, the DRM and the offputting graphical changes are enough to still make me still not bother getting this, despite having an android phone just asking for a classic RPG to play while on the go.

Jump to Post

01.25.2014 8:25pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Enkidoh said:

Apparently the patch also fixed the stupid 'espier' typo as well, but yeah, the DRM and the offputting graphical changes are enough to still make me still not bother getting this, despite having an android phone just asking for a classic RPG to play while on the go.
Just download an emulator.  I have been playing real FFVI on my Android.

Jump to Post

01.26.2014 6:59am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Crono said:

No, but I heard that when it launched (and maybe still?) the game was unbeatable because it would crash during a scene with General Leo mid game.  Amazing job, SE.

Ha I read there was an issue but didn't know it was that bad. It's good they fixed it quickly at least. The sprites don't bother me as much as they did at first so I might give this a go despite my reservations about the DRM and phone controls.

Jump to Post

01.26.2014 5:25pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

These sprites, you mean?

That Floating Continent, though. Puke.

Jump to Post

01.27.2014 5:33pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Yeah the loss of detail in the conversion is definitely the most disapointing part, although most of the environments have still looked much more positive than the characters so far.

Jump to Post

01.27.2014 6:33pm

Crisium
N/A

Terrible...

Jump to Post

02.06.2014 4:31pm

ahninjas
likes 'em pretty

So it just came out for iOS. I was all set to re-live the adventure. Then I received the most crushing message a person can get.

"This app requires iOS7."

I can't do it. I just can't bring myself to cripple my iPod with the ugliest UI in computer history just for one game, even if it is my all time favourite.

Jump to Post

02.06.2014 7:16pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I'll get it for iOS if the stupis drm isn't there. Can someone let me know? Thanks.

Jump to Post

02.07.2014 7:13am

Shadow

I got the iOS version, have only had a chance to play the first 5 minutes or so...but looking forward to getting into it. Honestly the part I hate the most so far is probably the movement with the touch screen more than anything to do with the art style or sprites.

Jump to Post

02.08.2014 4:19am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^DRM? Do you have to have a constant internet connection to play? My decision to purchase hinges on it.

Jump to Post

02.11.2014 2:18pm

Shadow

I have no idea about the DRM since I have a phone that has a data plan so I'm always connected as it is. But I think this is probably a much better experience if you have an iPad because right now playing on the iPhone most of  the attack command buttons feel too small, and when walking around on the game map my thumb feels like it covers up too much of the image on screen.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter