Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 54 Next >

06.13.2014 5:44pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Ninja in the game...can't wait.

Jump to Post

06.16.2014 12:59am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Dammit. Magitek Armor, and now Shadow is in the game. Just take my soul already, Squeenix!

Jump to Post

07.04.2014 2:22pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Speaking of magitek armour, the first half of the patch 2.3 notes are now up (even though the patch won't be live til Tuesday), and, amongst other things, is this beauty:

Certain mounts can now use special actions.Players can confirm the actions usable by a mount from the Mount Guide window.

I wonder how many FFVI fans are going to now troop up to Coerthas and reinact the Empire storming Narshe? ;)

Jump to Post

07.05.2014 10:02am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Will never do that again....

Jump to Post

07.06.2014 5:30pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

So when does the Ninja stuff actually come in? September? October?

Jump to Post

07.06.2014 11:53pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

2.4, so probably mid/late October.

Jump to Post

08.04.2014 10:05pm

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

So I just started a FC, for no reason. If anyones on Leviathan and wants to help me build this thing from the ground up, gimme a holla.

Jump to Post

08.28.2014 7:18am

Enkidoh

So, it's now FFXIV ARR's first anniversary of launch, and there's a special event to celebrate. :D

Complete with a reprise of the Dalamud Answers track that replaced all zone BGM in 1.0 in the last few weeks of service playing in the three cities which made me break out in goosebumps, and the new minions of Minfilia and Thancred are cute. :3 The vendor that sells the minions is also dressed like Minfilia in 1.0 as well which I thought was a nice touch. ;)

Jump to Post

08.30.2014 11:45pm

Lews
Lord of the Morning

I've finally exhausted all I want of my backlog and there's nothing else to look forward to for a while, so I'm thinking an addictive MMO like FF14 will do the trick nicely.

I really want to try a gunner class if they ever come out with one.  But I had a lot of fun as a Paladin in Vana'diel years ago and I don't wanna get into it too late like I did with FF11.

Is there a server with a bunch of us on it or we kind of spread out?

Jump to Post

08.31.2014 2:24am
 (Edited on 08.31.2014 at 2:33am)

Enkidoh

There was long meant to be a gun-using class in FFXIV, called Musketeer, but it was dummied out of version 1.0 and has not yet been added into the game in ARR, although there are hints that it's planned for the future (it's Guildhall in Limsa Lominsa still has it's class symbol on a sign outside), there is currently no information as to when that will be added sadly.

As for Paladin, that's my main believe it or not. :D Forget all what you knew about the Job in Vana'diel however - PLD is totally different here to it was in FFXI. Although it's still classed as a tank, it's the Job that comes off Gladiator (GLA), so when you start you'll be a GLA not a PLD. Jobs are gained at level 30 by completing all the quests for that starting class's Guild and gaining level 15 in a second class (Conjurer for PLD). Then after completing a Job quest you gain what is called a 'Soul Crystal' which is a piece of equipment equipped that literally changes your class to a Job. Jobs greatly restrict what abilities you can cross class from other classes, but you gain unique abilities for that Job which only it can use. Plus a Job greatly boosts the stats for that class, making them far more versatile and potent.

Anyway, as I mentioned PLD in FFXIV is totally different to how it was in FFXI - here PLD's main hate generation is not done by spamming Cures and Provoke, it's based around rotating a weapon skill combo (Fast Blade-Savage Blade-Rage of Halone) and spamming the Flash spell. GLA does have Provoke, but here it is reduced to a 'get out of jail free card' that is only useful for getting agro back onto you in a hurry. A lot of players are complaining that it's 'mediocre' and 'boring to play', but I love the Job and throughly enjoy playing as PLD. Also as it's a tank you'll find yourself very much in demand, especially in end game activities. ;)

Finally, as for server, unfortunately due to the game's unprecedented popularity, there are still server restrictions from time to time so as a result it's been very difficult to aim for a certain server, meaning players often end up on whatever server happens to be 'open' at that time, although you can transfer to another server at a later date (a paid service though). There was a thread here that listed the servers everyone ended up on, but I think it's disappeared into the void. I'll try digging it up and post the link here for you. :)

EDIT: here's the server thread - it was just at the bottom of the first page. :p

Jump to Post

09.01.2014 7:32pm

Lews
Lord of the Morning

Wow, thanks for all the info.  They really changed up PLD this time around.  I can see how PLD might have been considered a boring job, but when things go smoothly it gives you a great feeling of accomplishment.  I was an average PLD until I met a friend who was the best I've seen and I got some tips from him that turned me into a much better player.  After that, PTing was an absolute joy most of the time.  I hope that feeling is still achievable as a PLD in ARR with the changes.  It does sound a lot more involved, which can be a very good thing.

Jump to Post

09.02.2014 6:08pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

At the end of the day, as a main tank, you're still spamming hate grabs while trying to mitigate your damage taken. You're just using a different ability rotation, like using weapon skills and not self cures.

The biggest difference you'll notice between tanking in ARR versus FFXI is the emphasis on movement during boss fights and elaborate battle mechanics that have to be memorized step-by-step. There is often an additional backup tanks to swap hate with, and/or off-tanks to control adds.

I quit playing around six months ago be Ausse I just don't have time.

Jump to Post

09.02.2014 7:44pm
 (Edited on 09.03.2014 at 2:14am)

Lews
Lord of the Morning

One final question before I purchase it today.

Does anyone know if it works completely with the Dualshock 4 while playing on PS3?

Since the latest PS3 update, most games will work flawlessly (albeit without motion controls or rumble features) with the Dualshock 4, but there are a couple like Operation Raccoon City & Remember Me that are glitchy to the point where they're unplayable when it comes to the trigger buttons.

Anybody tried it?  It's kind of a dealbreaker for me.  And Google has failed me.

EDIT: I finally found it.  It's a post from last year when you had to use it wired but apparently it works in all aspects needed.

EDIT 2: I thought the 7GB file size would take no time to download and I was right.  But the updates and patches are a much different story.  It's about the same file size but it's downloading extremely slow and I've gotten an error message anytime I switch over to my 360 to play something while it downloads on the PS3, so I have to keep it up the entire time.  Lame.

Jump to Post

09.16.2014 3:11am

Enkidoh

That might be because SE has admitted a lot of ISPs are actually mistakingly flagging the FFXIV client as a P2P program and are hence throttling traffic to the patch server. SE has a thread on the official forum mentioning this here: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/74559-Request-for-information-ISPs-and-P2P-throttling

Jump to Post

10.19.2014 1:32am

Magnus
Registered Member

Just remember. Winter is coming. :P

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2jmase/expansion_heavensward_spring_2015/

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter