Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 Next >

11.23.2014 5:31pm

kjonez
with a Z

I'm very glad I picked this game back up. What a huge load of content since 2.1. At first it seemed a bit overwhemling but the community is so nice and patient that I've ben getting caught up pretty well.

I also like how they didn't skip on the story just because of all the content they added. Doing the Crystal Tower quests was a huge mind blow to me, enough to keep me up until 4:30am last night lol.

If you've ever been interested in FF XIV or mmorpg's I whole heartily suggest you try this out. Ever since I got back I've just been having tons of fun.

Jump to Post

11.23.2014 7:09pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

There's a 2 week free trial, which is pretty generous. Usually they're a week, if that. You can only level to 20 per class, but that's plenty of time to give the Armory system the ol' college try.

My only major complaint is with the profession classes feeling like it drags out the process, especially since a fix to make it feel more streamlined and smoother (being able to craft the same item over and over again without needing to exit the crafting window and clicking Synthesize) is such an easy fix, in theory. There are also some parts of the PC GUI where you can tell this was designed with a console in mind as other MMO interfaces are a lot more efficient.

Jump to Post

11.23.2014 8:43pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Onyx said:

(being able to craft the same item over and over again without needing to exit the crafting window and clicking Synthesize) is such an easy fix, in theory.

That's in the game?

Jump to Post

12.01.2014 1:20pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I think I'll need to play around with the HUD a bit when doing raids. I did CT for the first time a few nights ago and the alliance bar cuts into my field of vision :/. I mentioned this in chat and got a few laughs for it, at least. :P. 

Jump to Post

12.01.2014 2:21pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Yeah I moved them to the left

Jump to Post

12.01.2014 5:54pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Zubis said:

That's in the game?

Something more reliable than Quick Synthesize for lower level recipes. Mind you, I hadn't even leveled any profs to 10 when I made that post. Kind of a weird time to introduce quicker crafting, but then I'm used to WoW's super-quick and convenient (until this expansion) crafting system.

Jump to Post

12.01.2014 6:06pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Sanna said:

I think I'll need to play around with the HUD a bit when doing raids. I did CT for the first time a few nights ago and the alliance bar cuts into my field of vision :/. I mentioned this in chat and got a few laughs for it, at least. :P. 
In addition to moving, you can also use ctrl+home key combo while highlighting the UI element to resize it.

Jump to Post

12.04.2014 1:29pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Aquila said:

In addition to moving, you can also use ctrl+home key combo while highlighting the UI element to resize it.

How does one do this on PS3? :B

Jump to Post

12.04.2014 6:16pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Sanna said:

How does one do this on PS3? :B
R3 or L3, don't remember!

Jump to Post

12.05.2014 12:27am

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Aquila said:

R3 or L3, don't remember!

I figured it out, thankfully!  Now I can do raids without that big ugly bar in the middle of the screen. :B

Jump to Post

12.06.2014 7:24pm

Lews
Lord of the Morning

Post your servers!

I know there's another thread but I doubt it's still indicative of who's currently and actively playing.

Brynhildr, here.  Been playing pretty much nonstop since the beginning of September.

Maining Bard and loving the new ironworks gear sets.

Jump to Post

12.07.2014 11:01am
 (Edited on 12.19.2014 at 8:30pm)

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

I'm still playing, although I recently transferred from Ridill, my old 1.0 server, to Balmung, as Ridill's infamously antisocial reputation just became too much. But I'm definetely still playing and having a blast (currently levelling ROG/NIN nice and slowly like I do - I'm in no rush to get to 50 with it.)

EDIT: here's my Lodestone character info by the way: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1271238/

Jump to Post

12.07.2014 3:38pm

kjonez
with a Z

I'm also on Balmung. Character name is Crazy Fool.

Jump to Post

12.07.2014 4:17pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Mister Areas in Hyperion.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1580305/

Jump to Post

12.07.2014 6:13pm

Zet
Registered Member

Prinny Dood in Cactuar

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5410229/

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter