Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 Next >

01.25.2015 1:25pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Has anyone else ran Amdapor Keep (Hard)? It was actually...hard :P. 

Jump to Post

05.22.2015 4:38am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Not yet - I was concentrating on the main story and ignored the optional dungeons (sorry for the really late reply ;)).

Anyway, with Heavensward only a month away, SE has released the new theme song for the expansion complete with video (warning, spoilers for both the end of the 2.55 storyline and for the new expansion story abound):

I must admit, I prefer the original main theme song Answers (this just sounds like Uematsu returning to what he knows with a slow, melancholic feel like Sutaki da ne. But it's still good nonetheless. :)

Also the full trailer for the expansion is up (again, spoiler warning ahead for those who haven't completed the 2.55 patch main scenario):

Those teasers really have me eagerly awaiting the expansion (especially after completing the 2.55 story
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I can't wait to get revenge against those traitorious dogs Lorolito and Ilberd for framing me for Nanamo's assassination, or to find out what happened to Minfilia and the Archons, and to free Raubahn from prison.

Damnit SE, why must you leave the game hanging with such a cliffhanger? ; ;

Jump to Post

05.25.2015 4:59am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Would you really be able to
free Raubahn?  I mean, he pretty much straight-up murdered Teledji-Adeledji.   Granted Teledji was a nasty, conniving little shit, but it's made pretty clear that he didn't kill the Sultana; Ilberd did.  I think something's broken inside Raubahn, and there might not be any coming back from that.

I just finished the storyline a few days ago and wow, did that ever pick up steam.  Where was that kind of storytelling in XII and XIII?

Jump to Post

05.30.2015 4:25am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I would liek to announce that I got a PS4 and I'm going to finally give this game a go. I got the demo to see if it's worth it..since I"ve never played or liked an MMO before. 

Jump to Post

06.01.2015 9:05pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Got more game time the other day and I'm going to buy Heavensward sooner than later.

Playing on Balmung in an LS & Free Company with some of my WoW friends.

Jump to Post

06.14.2015 3:24pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I hear Balmung is full of ERPers. Is that true?

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

06.15.2015 9:08pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Before i spend money on this game (just finished my 14 day free trial and i love the combat) is there an actual storyline to this game with notable npcs, villians, and character development? Im not into mmos usually but i read this game has a good story but it seemed super generic so far and I got to level 16. Does it get better or is this how it is? (generic storytelling with no character developing)

I am trying to be open minded here so im hoping its just a slow start while the game lets you get introduced to the vibrant world.

Jump to Post

06.15.2015 10:33pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

It gets pretty good, better than one or two mainline titles imo.

But you need to get to 50 to get to the good stuff, still it means you can finish the main storyline in a month or three.

Jump to Post

06.15.2015 10:34pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Yes, there is. The early part of the story is a bit lighthearted, but it does get darker. It really picks up once you actually get past Primal hunting. For villains, to avoid major spoilers for later in the story, there are at least two groups. One is the Garelan Empire, the other has shown itself but there's more to them. There is also the various beast tribes that summon the Primals.

Jump to Post

06.17.2015 1:03am

Enkidoh

The antagonists are a little more complex than that. As Magnus said there's the Garlean Empire plotting Eorzea's subjugation (symbolized by the XIVth Legion and their CO Gaius van Baelsar), but as well, there is the mysterious Ascians who are first shown right at the start in the first few seconds and then proceed to plot and scheme throughout (that's not really a spoiler, as they're listed under 'Enemies' on the main FFXIV website ;)). And it should come as no surprise that they themselves are just lackeys of a bigger evil that's lurking in the shadows waiting (which I will not spoil :)).

Then there is the Primals whom are the gods of the beast tribes which they summon to protect themselves, but are far more than what they seem (and are far more dangerous than just mere magic spells). And although they had been hinted at throughout the story as possibly eventually becoming a thorn in the players side, by 2.55
the Monetarist faction of Ul'dah's government, led by the corrupt merchant Lolorito, in league with a paramilitary group the player helped found but is then betrayed by them, openly launches a coup de tat against the Sultanate, assassinating the Sultana and framing the player's character for the crime, ultimately seizing full political control of the citystate, making themselves antagonists outright.
Then there is the remnants of the long dead Allagan civilization connected to the Crystal Tower and Binding Coil raids, but they're more side stories and are not directly connected to the main storyline, other than tying up plotlines from version 1.0.

Anyway, a new launch trailer is up (possible spoilers for the upcoming expansion story, but then if you haven't reached 2.55 yet a lot of these situations/characters won't make sense):

Some interesting things shown story wise: (spoilered)

It seems the player regains the Blessing of Light that Midgardsormr stripped from us (by Kan-E-Senna and the padjal using the power of the Lifestream?)
The Archbiship of Ishgard is fully aware of the Ascians and asks the player about them (effectively destroying the theory that he was nothing but an Ascian puppet)
I was right about Raubahn - he is eventually freed, regains his armour and weapon (presumedly with a prosthetic limb?) and swears vengence against Lolorito for Nanamo's death. ;)
Lahabrea, supposedly using the 'true power of the Echo', merges with an unknown woman (Iceheart?) and assumes a new form (the version 1.0 'bestial' Ascian?)
Regaining the Blessing of Light it's stated we've actually tipped the balance to there being 'too much light' and thus now a 'Warrior of Darkness' rises to counteract us (from Zodiark?) (another FFIII reference?) ;)

Either way, I cannot wait for this! :D

Jump to Post

06.18.2015 9:02pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Alright. Ill plunk down for a real copy of the game. I just like how fast I can level up. Totally didnt expect that!

Jump to Post

06.19.2015 1:46am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

I'm going to sleep early and wake up when servers go live.  I'm so excited.  I'm Mister Areas on Hyperion if you happen to make your character there, Spidey! 

Edit:  I'm also Not Areas there too.  Started a new character yesterday to serve as my secondary raid character.  I won't be leveling this one for a while since I need to get raid ready for Alexander in two weeks on my main.

Jump to Post

06.25.2015 7:15am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Spidey said:

Alright. Ill plunk down for a real copy of the game. I just like how fast I can level up. Totally didnt expect that!

Yeah, you level up pretty quickly in this game. It follows the same formula as a lot of post-WoW MMO's where leveling is quick and the "real" game starts at max level, like raids, PVP battlegrounds, gearing up, etc. Granted, PVP is kinda shit but then that's never really been Square Enix's game for their MMO's and it also doesn't make a whole lot of sense story-wise.

Jump to Post

10.14.2016 10:28pm
 (Edited on 10.14.2016 at 10:50pm)

Enkidoh

I didn't want to create a new thread for this given this thread is still on the first page...

It's been a while, but new info from the FanFest about the second expansion pack has just been announced, it's called 'Stormblood' and takes the player to Ala Mhigo against the XIIth Garlean Legion and it's Legatus Zenos Yae Galvus.

Also new Jobs are confirmed as coming but have not been revealed yet (RDM is strongly hinted by Yoshi-P's 'Scarlet Witch' t-shirt which is not very subtle ;), and SAM and DNC have also been rumoured), plus revisions to the battle and ability systems, level cap raised to 70, new 72-hour spawn NMs like FFXI, a new housing area (presumedly in Ishgard), new relic quest line, new AF sets (AF3) and other stuff I'm too sleepy to type. :p

Teaser trailer:

Some concept art and images here: http://gematsu.com/gallery/final-fantasy-xiv/october-14-2016/

No info yet about a launch date, I guess there's still the JP and EU FanFests to announce that.

EDIT: Oh, and PS3 version service will be officially terminated when Stormblood launches (it should go without saying that there will not be a PS3 version of the second expansion), but that was kind of to be expected anyway. Still, I feel for all those who can't afford a PS4 and dont have a powerful enough PC to run the game... but that's modern gaming for you.

Jump to Post

10.16.2016 2:47am

Chaos
Registered Member

Oh, and PS3 version service will be officially terminated when Stormblood launches (it should go without saying that there will not be a PS3 version of the second expansion), but that was kind of to be expected anyway. Still, I feel for all those who can't afford a PS4 and dont have a powerful enough PC to run the game... but that's modern gaming for you.

I can understand and even agree with this sentiment. However at the same time I'm seeing why they're cutting the cord to PS3 just after Heavensward. With Final Fantasy XI they flat out refused to drop PS2 support for the longest time, and because of this when players asked "why can't you add this?" or "why can't this be changed?" or the big one "more inventory please?" the answer was always "PS2 limiations." 

With FFXIV I'm sure they don't want to run into the same thing down the road, thus PS3 is being dropped. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter