Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54 Next >

12.07.2014 6:52pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm also on Balmung as that's the unofficial RP server. Haven't done any FFXIV RP yet but I want to.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9115229/

Game time runs out tomorrow but I'm planning on getting more soon.

Jump to Post

12.08.2014 3:14pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I'm on Balmung and I started over with a new main a few months back. Doing well so far. :)

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7696273/

Jump to Post

12.08.2014 6:10pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I think I would've ended up leveling GLA/PLD to 50 by now if JOB SYSTEM! wasn't so addictive and I wanted to play all the classes. And unlike when I played FFXI, leveling solo isn't an exercise in futility.

Jump to Post

12.08.2014 6:12pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I am on Siren. I primarily play both healing classes. I also have bard at 50 and i108. I'm thinking about working on a tank class, but I haven't decided which one.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3996132/

Jump to Post

12.08.2014 6:17pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I can't wait for Heavensward and Dark Knight to come out. Concept seems pretty similar to Blood DK in WoW, which I already tank as over there.

Tanking is pretty fun when I know what to do on boss encounters, though keeping aggro is a lot more involved than it is in WoW right now,  Lots of spamming Flash for AOE threat.

I kinda want to see how the PVP arenas work with a typical Light Party build, especially since Tanks can't rely on enemy AI mechanics to keep threat.

I also tried CNJ healing while leveling it to 15 for the Paladin quest prereq and I needed a break from the constant levequests. I don't know if I'd call it "fun" but I didn't hate it.

Jump to Post

12.20.2014 3:30am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

New race and jobs with 3.0

Au Ra

Machinist

Astrologian

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

12.20.2014 3:55am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

I'm perfectly happy with these announcements, except for Machinist - ignoring that it's just PUP with guns, the fact that the announcement clearly stated 'no base class', means this has no connection to Musketeer which has been promised and ignored since version 1.0, and still is referenced in ARR (MSK is Merlwyb's class, there are tons of other npcs in Limsa who are MSKs as well, and the Coral Tower clearly shows MSK's class logo and the basics of it's Guild) - so is this just pandering to those stupid FFXI fans who keep whining for PUP and gave them the use of guns as a concession to ARR's roots?

But I dont know, no specifics are known at this stage so it could go anyway I guess.

And we finally have Yugiri's mysterious race - dragonkin confrimed! :p

Something unexpected though is Astrologian as a healer - I really, really hope SE gives it Galaxy Stop. ;)

Jump to Post

12.21.2014 4:24am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

That music for Golden Saucer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_BLgeTVbdc

Jump to Post

12.21.2014 6:45pm
 (Edited on 12.23.2014 at 3:02am)

Enkidoh

They really did it! :D They used the actual FFVII track and remixed it! :D

This should make a lot of FFVII fans happy (not to mention it looks very close to the FFVII original, with exceptions for Eorzea not being anywhere near as advanced as FFVII's Planet was - Wonder Square and it's arcade games would be out naturally. Also I heard apparently you can actually get Setzer's costume from FFVI as a reward playing the minigames inside!

Still, I now know where I'm going to be spending a lot of my time come 2.5. :D

Jump to Post

12.21.2014 8:48pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I moved from Ultros to Gilgamesh 1 to be with my friends who moved there to get away from the /v/ guild and also to get away from the /v/ guild. 

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2314264/

Jump to Post

12.22.2014 11:24pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Machinist sounds a lot like the typical Engineer class you see in class-based FPS games like Team Fortress. Or Hunter in WoW if Hunters used robot turrets instead of animals for their pets. I'm getting a real Garlean vibe from them in terms of class concept.  So I hope the Machinists' Guild has some of Cid's folks running it.

Curious to see how Astrolgian's gimmick works in regular gameplay.  I do like how they added one of each role for the new classes with Rogue/Ninja during 2.4 (melee DPS), Machinist (ranged DPS), Dark Knight (Tank), and Astrolgian (healing). 

Au Ra look like an interesting race, too. Great to see one that's entirely new and not just a slightly revamped playable race from XI.

I assume since DRK, MCH, and AST are playable from the getgo that there's no Soul Crystals used to get into more specialized roles. I like the divide between the base classes and the more specializerd jobs, so I wonder if that means they'll have access to the same amount of cross-class skills as classes or soul crystal jobs.

Also if I had to guess which job guild goes where:

Ul'dah gets Astrolgians (Now all three cities have healing classes)
Gridania gets Dark Knights (Now all three cities have tanking classes)
Either Limsa Lominsa or Ul'dah gets Machinists. Limsa so they get a new class. Ul'Dah because they seem to be the most technologically advanced.

Jump to Post

12.23.2014 1:06am
 (Edited on 12.23.2014 at 3:01am)

Enkidoh

Jobs don't actually have true Guilds though, only classes do (because Jobs are considered to be classes that fell out of use in the past or were outlawed and are only now making a reoccurance). NIN technically did have one, but that wasn't really much more than just a hideout in a dock wharehouse out in the jungle that a group of Domans were just using as a temporary base while in Eorzea.

Jobs are instead given by a specific NPC who could be based in a location which has little to no connection to the city of it's starting class (SMN's NPC after all is in Gridania, yet SCH's one is actually a MRD in the MRD's Guild in Limsa Lominsa).

The general belief on the ARR Forum is that the new Job NPCs will have some connection to Ishgard (for instance, Astrologian's Job NPC would probably be inside the Observatorium in Coerthas, as Astrologian NPCs there already exist and predict the movements of the dragons based on astronomical observations), but nothing is really known for certain at this time. But no doubt we'll find out in due course. :)

Jump to Post

12.23.2014 9:36pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

That would make some sense, but then these new classes sort of defy the current Armory system as they can be leveled from 1 and don't seem to have any sort of Soul Crystal or unlocking prerequisites tied to them. So you'd assume that they get the class storylines the guild-based classes do every 5 levels.

Jump to Post

01.13.2015 2:04pm

Enkidoh

Patch 2.5 trailer is finally up:

And.. some surprises.... the story looks like it takes a very dark twist, Midgardsormr comes back to life (sort of), an unexpected FFXI visitor appears in Wanderer's Palace HM, the fight against the Cloud of Darkness in the Crystal Tower's final raid World of Darkness apparently lacks FFIII's final boss theme This is the Final Battle (shame Soken! ;p), and, most importantly GOLD SAUCER!

Complete with a remix of FFVII's Gold Saucer theme! With Chocobo Racing, FFVII's basketball shooting minigame, slot machines and TRIPLE TRIAD!!

Either way, I am stoked for this patch. :D The 20th can't roll around fast enough. :D

Jump to Post

01.14.2015 6:02pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Hildebrand showing up to "Clash on the Big Bridge" was pretty amazing, too. Can't wait for the patch.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter