Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 54 Next >

10.19.2014 2:46am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Very funny Magnus... :p

Official teaser trailer for the expansion is up already:

I hate that awful BGM (I'm sorry, but Answers just blows that awful operatic screeching out the water), but I admit the CG is fittingly cool (so, Derplander switches weapons and becomes lolDRG? Figures... :p)

Jump to Post

10.19.2014 4:11am

Magnus
Registered Member

Agreed with the bgm. Sounds like they went for some opera reject. I ho[e thisd isn't the direction where the music is going.

I do have to wonder what the new Primal is going to be.

Jump to Post

10.19.2014 5:07pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Welp, DRK confirmed (?).  Time to farm atmas again!

EDIT: Welp, DRK is a tank?  sadface.

At least I already have tank gears...

Jump to Post

10.27.2014 8:15am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Magnus said:
I do have to wonder what the new Primal is going to be.

Bismark and a new summon called 'Ravana' based loosely on an Abyssea NM from FFXI it seems.

Also, flying mounts (although only in the new expansion area north of Coerthas, which makes sense, given the fact the place is called 'the Sea of Clouds'.). ;)

Jump to Post

11.03.2014 7:21pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

How is everyone liking the new content? I have been catching up on the main story and getting caught up on soldiery.

Jump to Post

11.04.2014 1:17pm

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

The Ultros fight is one of the most entertaining fights in the game.

Jump to Post

11.04.2014 3:25pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

shadowphoenix said:

The Ultros fight is one of the most entertaining fights in the game.
Not when you have brain dead deeps.

Jump to Post

11.17.2014 2:49am

kjonez
with a Z

Well the XI free week is over and the day I went on it all felt very empty. It did get me interested in trying XIV again. I stopped playing after Garuda hard mode came out, would I be able to easily get back into the game if I picked it back up?

Jump to Post

11.17.2014 11:43am

shadowphoenix
It all ends with beginnings...

Yes. Just beware of Garuda Extreme >.<

Jump to Post

11.17.2014 2:11pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

You can get caught up very quickly. You will speed through the main quest line from 2.1 to now with ease, and there is no shortage of people in the duty finder to get you through the primal encounters. People farm tomes on the hard primals because you get a tome bonus for helping people on their first time clear.

Catching up on gear doesn't take that long either, now that soldiery tomes have no weekly cap as is the 1 item per week restriction Syrcus Tower (crystal tower). You can do hunts for 2-3 hours and get fully suited up in item level 90 stuff right after you come back.

Jump to Post

11.17.2014 5:10pm

kjonez
with a Z

Sounds good, I'll give it another go. I don't have it installed on my PC anymore but I do have the hard copy of 1.0. How do I go about getting the copy of 2.0 again? I am a Legacy member too, if that helps.

Jump to Post

11.17.2014 7:21pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

You can download it.

https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com

Jump to Post

11.18.2014 4:39am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I finally got a chance to try this game out with the free trial. By the time it was over, I already bought the game. It's fantastic.

I don't see myself keeping an active subscription, but the game is good enough where I'll play it when WoW feels unplayable. That would be now, actually, with the massive queues with the new expansion launch.

Jump to Post

11.19.2014 3:28pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

The good thing about this MMO is that it is designed to support multiple styles of play, from casual to ultra hardcore. The hardcore crowd will never be completely satisfied, but they do have stuff to do in the game, particular at time like now, shortly after a version update.

Jump to Post

11.20.2014 5:04pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, you can definitely tell it's taken a lot of notes from MMO's released since taht are far more casual player and solo-friendly.  Story is also pretty intriguing, as is the world-building. Compared to this game, XI is a relic of an age I'm glad has passed.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter