Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 Next >

12.17.2016 1:44am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

It's finally happened... Yoshi has been seduced by the Dark Side...

I can understand wanting to help new players reach the current 'end' of the game quickly, but come on, what is the point of even having levels and exp, and, you know, a storyline  in the first place if it's just passed aside to keep a couple of whining WoW fans happy? (Apparently he decided on this back at the FanFest by talking to some stupid WoW players who were bitching that FFXIV did not have level/story jump potions and that they, shock horror, would have to play through the storyline to get "where the cool kids are."

This is not enough to make me quit the game though, but sadly, it's left me questioning how long the game can endure now if SE are more willing to bow to certain players whom really aren't worth listening to....

Jump to Post

12.17.2016 3:58am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Lol, XIV has a very short main scenario. I've seen people in my FC get through it in less than a month.

Jump to Post

12.17.2016 6:28pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I don't see this as a big deal at all. FFXIV's main gameplay focus, like with a lot of MMORPG's since 2004, is in the endgame content.

Anyone who wants to experience the storylines of ARR and Heavensward will still do so. This is really smart on SQEX's part because it expands their potential playerbase for Stormblood since it really sucks that it's not just level caps, but also storyline checkpoints that keep new players from jumping in on the fun with playing with their friends. Assuming the Balmung lockout of new characters doesn't do that already.

This can also be extremely useful for alts and make the game far more alt-friendly than it currently is (which is, not at all). Big reason why I haven't really played my miqo'te alt is because I don't want to slog through the storyline again. Being able to skip past all that would be extremely convenient.

And bad players will still be bad players with or without these things.

Jump to Post

12.17.2016 7:04pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Fair points, Onyx

Jump to Post

12.18.2016 5:15pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

I'll finally level my alt tank now.

Jump to Post

12.24.2016 6:34am
 (Edited on 12.24.2016 at 6:39am)

Enkidoh

And info out of the Japan Fanfest in regards to Stormblood has confirmed a whole heap of info, the big one being that RDM is now 100% confirmed as the new Job:

But in a kuponutshell:

RDM confirmed as DPS magic class with rapier and magic orb as weapon, that is being considered to start from level 50 and will be available to be unlocked 'in ARR'.
FFIII's Forbidden Land Eureka and FFV's Omega Weapon as high-level raids, along wtih an 'Ivalice' themed area
Swimming and diving to be added - mounts will also be able to be taken out on the water and can dive too (only flying mounts will have this ability)
Inventory to be expanded
Battle and ability system to be revamped
New 4th residential area (presumedly Ishgard)
New beast tribe based on lamia called the Ananta
New Primal (FFVI's Lakshmi/Starlet)
Nobuo Uematsu confirmed to be composing the new theme song for Stormblood (apparently it's at 60% completion)
Tentative release date of June 20th 2017
Collector's Edition of expansion will include bonus FFV themed in-game items (Syldra mount, Bartz riding Boco minion and Chicken Knife weapon for RDM)
PC minimum requirements to be raised apparently (but details not explained)
Free PS4 upgrade for users still playing the PS3 version when PS3 version is terminated).

Someone posted the revelant info and screenshots on their Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/812474789449363457

Now for the rumours!

Blitzball apparently is rumoured for Gold Saucer
SAM, BLU, BST or even Chemist all rumoured as possible new Jobs as well (based on nothng more than trying to find some meaning in Yoshi's Spiderman t-shirt ;))
Viera as a new player race (based on nothing more than the 'Ivalice' themed raid already mentioned)

Jump to Post

12.24.2016 6:03pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Matsuno is creating the Ivalice-themed raid.  That's more than enough for me.  I can't wait.

Jump to Post

02.18.2017 10:53am
 (Edited on 02.18.2017 at 12:39pm)

Magnus
Registered Member

Samurai officially confirmed. Melee DPS class.

Jump to Post

02.18.2017 12:32pm

Enkidoh

Yup, SAM is DPS took everyone by surprise (mostly because everyone was assuming it was going to be a tank Job).

Also, the world map is being expanded eastwards, besides Ala Mhigo, we're also going to Othard and Doma (Yugiri seems to be playing an important part in that).

The new world map is here:

The new full trailer is below:

I admit I can't wait til June. :D

Jump to Post

02.18.2017 12:45pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Well I think given we got an off tank in DRK last expansion and there is already Paladin, they wanted to give Samurai a more DPS approach. Auron, Cyan, and Sephiroth are the most notable Samurai-type characters in Final Fantasy so they will undoubtedly draw from all three of them int ermsof combat animations and skills.

Garlemald looks ominous, like light has completely forsaken that place. Clearly if Eorzea has plans to take the fight to Garlemald but can't do it alone on one front.

I am interested in what we cna expect form those other islands we will be visiting at some point. We'll have to visit the site of the school of Baldessian, least where it stood. 

Jump to Post

02.20.2017 2:25pm

Enkidoh

Indeed, SAM being DPS instead of tank was a pleasant surprise to me.

I was not surprised though about Garlemald's dark, oppresive appearence - they've been tagged as the stereotypical 'evil empire' since day one after all so that just clinces it.

And, getting away from Stormblood for a moment, surprisingly SE has officially scooped up three Guiness World Records, two for FFXIV and one for the FF series in general. 'Longest End Credits in a Video Game', which was helped by including all the Legacy members like me, and 'Most Original Pieces of Music in a Video Game', again not surprising given they have not only Masayoshi Soken's new compositions but also Uematsu's old 1.0 music returning, it was bound to happen - the general FF one was for 'Most Prolific RPG Series', but then they were counting all the spin offs, tie ins, prequels and sequels to it.

Sakaguichi should be proud. :) (But Yoshi, Soken and Shinji Hashimoto will have to suffice ;)).

Jump to Post

02.22.2017 7:25pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Yay SAM, yay SAM dps.

From map chat:
"Weeaboo class confirmed!"

Bitch you're playing a super Japanese MMO, that ship sailed back in 1.0 launch.

Jump to Post

03.28.2017 12:47pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Shinryu confirmed for Stormblood

Jump to Post

04.12.2017 3:52pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Been unsubscribed since 3.1, should I resub for Stormblood?

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

04.12.2017 8:39pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I might resub for a few months and play through the main scenario. That would be it probably.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter