Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 54 Next >

11.01.2012 6:29am

kjonez
with a Z

After the final save the world begins to fall apart. Also everything tries to invade Ul' dah...like these Chimera

Also don't hop on your goobbue then go afk for awhile, because this is what happens.

Jump to Post

11.10.2012 8:51am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Falling apart is an understatement - the world is pretty much going off to hell in a handbasket.

I logged in earlier for the first time in months and I was taken aback at just how apocalyptic everything is - from the stormy, blood red sky to the Garlean airships flying over each city to the haunting strains of Answers in leiu of the normal zone BGM, to of course, this ominious sight in the sky, hanging overhead like the Sword of Damocles:

You have to hand it to Yoshi-P - he's really gone all stops out to see off the original version of the game with a bang. I don't think I'll login during the 'final battle' though - having neglected level grinding for so long Enki's level is still very low so yeah... squishy. :p So I'll just catch it on an envitable Youtube link later on.

So yeah, the end for current Eorzea will come in less than 24 hours.

Jump to Post

11.10.2012 9:04pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Apparently I am allowed on for the end even though I dont have an active subscription anymore.

I will be checking this out. XD

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

11.11.2012 7:53am

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

Aww went to see Skyfall, got home 15 minutes before midnight and servers are too crowded.  Oh wells.

Jump to Post

11.11.2012 8:11am

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

https://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/meteor/index.html  Well that's a lovely trailer.

Jump to Post

11.11.2012 8:11am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I watched a steam and the game was so laggy it was unplayable. XD

The ending CGI was amazing though. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM&;feature=player_embedded

Jump to Post

11.11.2012 8:40am

Enkidoh

Yeah, I tried making my way to Mor Dhona without success and just gave up, and decided to wait out the end at the Airship Dock in Gridania - then I was booted off the server half an hour before the end, and couldn't log back in. Ah well.

But yeah, that FMV was pretty over the top. It was interesting though at what Dalamud really was - is it just me, or did it seem like it was actually a prison for Bahamut?

I groaned when I saw FFVI Magitek Armour on the battlefield though - I was half-expecting to see Terra in the seat. :p

Jump to Post

11.11.2012 9:23am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

So Magitek Armor from FFVI, a meteor hitting the planet from FFVII.

Next is Triple Triad and a Moogle mail delivery system.

...that sounds kind of awesome, actually

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

11.11.2012 10:19am
Thread Creator (Edited on 11.11.2012 at 1:07pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

That video was genuinely awesome. SE have messed up so many times I had forgotten how great they can be when they do things right. Yeah I know it's just an FMV, but for some reason it made me feel the same way I did watching FF7/8/9 FMVs for the first time.

Jump to Post

11.11.2012 2:27pm

Enkidoh

Indeed. That had me on the edge of my seat almost. It really did seem like a return to the good old days of Square's FMVs being thrilling, emotional and full on. It was also a welcome change from the original FFXIV opening which basically was just a bunch of random crap thrown together - this time everything was wrapped up in a thrilling apocalyptic ride, with the various story NPCs all coming together and praying to the Twelve to reseal the big lizard... sadly without success.

Also, I thought it was interesting how the original generic hume hyur from the opening suddenly found himself thrust into the thick of things (funny, he seems to have levelled considerablly from when we first saw him - he was only a lowly ARC last time and now he's a full blown WAR :p).

I'm still not entirelly sure about bringing copy-pasted FFVI Magitek Armour into the game - they could have at least changed the design somewhat to make them more original. Those just seem like Kefka sent them out to raid Narshe. ;)

But yeah, I think this is helping SE resolve at least some of their past sins... but I guess we'll see when 2.0 is launched in a few months.

Jump to Post

11.12.2012 2:50am

Free Spirit
Zetta Member

Just had to watch this even though I've never even played FFXIV for one second.  Great ending to a game I never played. XD

Oh, and weren't the magitek armor already in FFXIV?  I've seen the concept art for FFXIV magitek armor floating around for at least a year now.  Plus, it looks identical to the magitek armor from Type-0, so it's not like FFXIV just ripped off FFVI's artwork/FMV and that's the end of the story.  The armor's look has kinda become established as part of the series by now.  It's like saying "Why do Tonberries always look like FFV's Tonberry?" I mean, if you're going to actually call it Magitek Armor, it better look like Magitek Armor, right?

Jump to Post

11.12.2012 10:53am

Enkidoh

That's true. I admit I didn't look at it from that perspective - I guess I was just wanting SE to perhaps design something different (I mean, the Imperial Juggernauts are at least unique in design, if not utterly unwieldly and un-aerodynamic). Ah well, they still look cool anyway.

Also, I can't get over the sheer stupidity of some players on the official forums - refusing to accept that was really Bahamut in the ending. All sorts of ridiculous theories about the dragon's 'real' identity are now springing up there, from Tiamat to even Shinryu.

But as Yoshida himself apparently came out and said that it is indeed Bahamut that was sealed in Dalamud, and ushers in the Seventh Umbral Era, those idiots just look like FFVIII players still insisting on R=U. :p

Jump to Post

11.12.2012 2:11pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

That trailer actually made me want to play the game regardless of the awful Alpha and Beta experience.

Now I read somewhere that the 2.0 is only 5 years in the future from the video? I thought it was more than that.

Jump to Post

11.12.2012 6:29pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Never played the game, but that ending movie is the best thing I've seen FF related in YEARS. That trailer for FFXV was really cool, but didn't really feel like FF. This was epic FF. 

Jump to Post

11.13.2012 12:19am

Lexx
I know how they work

That...was pretty awesome.  I know nothing about the story, but I recognize the song playing from the opening cutscene.  That's a cool throwback.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter