Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXIV Stormblood: Soonâ„¢

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 54 Next >

01.21.2013 12:33am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

To be honest, I've become kind of bored with FFXI lately - Abyssea and Voidwatch have virtually overtaken everything else in the game, so trying to get interest from other players in doing other things like missions etc has become virtually impossible. I'll still keep my account active, and I will still be playing the game, it's just I think Enki is going to be semi-retiring as a full-time adventurer, although it will only be the shutdown of service of FFXI that will see Enki hang up her Cleric's Briault and Healing Staff for good. Ironically I've been getting really into FFXIV lately.

After the 2.0 Alpha finished, I played 1.0 in the last week of service constantly, even managing to get my character from 13 to 50 in a few weeks, solo too I might add (by levequests and normal quests), unlocked PLD and even finished off the rest of the main scenario ( to the end of the Path of the Twelve quests) that I hadn't completed (Not the 7th Umbral Era ones though). I'm quite proud of that. :D

Here's the final screenshot I took on New Year's Eve moments before the 1.0 servers were shutdown for good as I put Enki to sleep (notice the farewell server message from SE in the chatlog):

So yeah, it's sad to have seen the end of the game, but 2.0's Beta starts in a few weeks so I'm eagerly awaiting it (the Beta signup page is now up, available at https://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu (European) and https://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na (US).

Jump to Post

01.21.2013 1:43am

Jiro
Registered Member

I'm surprised you managed to stay in there and log out. A lot of people I know got booted or had a server crash and sort of "missed" the end. But omg that image just makes me emotional :')

Jump to Post

01.24.2013 3:15am

Enkidoh

I had no real trouble staying online right to the end funnily enough, although in the last hour of service the game suddenly got very busy with lots of linkshells logging in,  for 'one last group shot' I presume - it got so busy Ul'dah looked like it was when the game first launched, only with level 50s in AF and relic weapons everywhere. :p

But yeah, that screenshot is rather poignant now - even more so if it's viewed while listening to this specific track from the game's original soundtrack (I have no idea what the track is called sadly as it's not available on any of the three official FFXIV soundtrack albums - it's the track that plays during certain instances in the main scenario involving the Path of the Twelve, and specifically, when selecting your Path Companion).

I can't help but shed tears when I hear this. :(

Jump to Post

01.24.2013 3:55pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

FFXIV does have a good soundtrack.  Hope 2.0 doesn't throw them all away.

Jump to Post

02.16.2013 10:38am

Enkidoh

Well, it's been mentioned in the past that new sound director and composer Masayoshi Soken is planning on 'blending' the old 1.0 OST with new tracks in 2.0, but so far what has been known about 2.0's OST is that it's mostly new material. Still, what I've heard has been very, very good. But I still like Uematsu's 1.0 OST none the less.

Also, Yoshida has announced the date for the start of the 2.0 Beta Test: Feb 25th for Phase 1 (Legacy players only), as mentioned in his latest 'Letter from the Producer': https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60542 .

So only a week to go. I can't wait. :D

Jump to Post

02.16.2013 1:30pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Is there a server FFO members are planning to congregate on?

Jump to Post

02.16.2013 8:39pm

Enkidoh

For Beta or launch? Unfortunately there's not much info about the exact server make up for either known at the moment (other than Phase 1 of the Beta will have five servers active at first), making coordinating sever selection to play with friends very difficult. Apparently on launch regional-based (US/European) servers will be going live as well though, but I'm probably just going to stick with a Japanese server, as it's closest to where I am (Australia).

Plus it's also been mentioned that on launch, there are going to be dedicated servers for players transferring from 1.0 and so-called 'newbie' servers (for new players/characters). Apparently the newbie servers will be restricted to only new players/characters and will not be able to have a 1.0 character transferred to them, where as a new player/character can start on a '1.0 character' server, confusing things a little. I believe SE is planning this so as to allow new servers to build up their economies/communities from a clean slate without the interference or influence of existing characters.

In any event, for launch I'm probably going to just be sticking with Ridill or whatever server Ridill's population are transferred to by default, as it's easier that way.

Jump to Post

02.17.2013 12:01am

Ashilyn
Career GM

It wouldn't be a Square MMO if there wasn't a needlesssly complicated and silly server system.

Jump to Post

02.18.2013 2:16pm

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Can you buy me a worldpass? /sarcasm

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 7:28pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6fL5X1fM4&;feature=youtu.be 

The game looks awesome.  If anything SEX's art department has never failed to impress me (even 1.0 wasn't that bad if you look past the repetitive assets). 

I hate how they got rid of all of Uematsu's original scores though...  Twlight Over Thanalan was a beautiful piece and I hope they'll get to see the light some day.

Jump to Post

02.22.2013 5:23am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I did preorder version 2.0 at gamestop here, yeah I'm a sucker...but if it comes out to awful reviews again I'll just cancel it.

Jump to Post

02.23.2013 3:02pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

I got into the beta, downloading the client now. Might as well give it a go.

Jump to Post

02.23.2013 3:17pm

Enkidoh

Be careful Zubi, just saying you're in the Beta is technically an NDA violation - I've heard anecdotal stories of people saying they're in the Beta on social media being promptly banned from it by SE. Whether that has actually happened or not I have no idea, but best to be safe than sorry.

Basically, 'the first rule of getting into the FFXIV ARR Beta is, you don't talk about getting into the FFXIV ARR Beta.' ;)

Jump to Post

02.23.2013 6:33pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

They can ban me if they want, I'm just going to play around with it for a few hours. It's not something I'll be coming back to - my MMO days are almost over and done with.

But thank you for the warning Enki :3

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 7:19pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I doubt anyone from Square checks this site lol

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 54 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter