Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXI: Seekers of Adoulin

03.15.2013 5:05pm

Scribe
The Taru

The buildings do change depending on how well the server is doing... to be honest I wasn't expecting a new expansion for the game so I could care less what the buildings look like as long as the story is good.

Jump to Post

03.15.2013 6:33pm
Thread Creator

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Enkidoh said:

From what I've read that's going to be a bit hard, as all the official info states that the PC version will be digital download only, and only from SE's website, which sucks (to make matters worse, the stupid SE Account Mangement System only allows ClickNShit for 'once only' transactions like buying expansions - you can't use direct credit card/debit card transactions for it. Meaning I'll have to reactivate my stupud CnB account which I let lapse when my debit card that was registered to it expired in January).

That's the other reason why I'm not too interested in this - the fact that SE isn't even bothering with a retail DVD copy of the PC version, instead having ot go through stupid CnB to buy a digital copy, just makes it not worth bothering with. :(

The Square Enix online store takes a normal credit card, I'm not talking about the PlayOnline/SE account site where you need CnB and Crysta to do anything.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.264017000#.UUNbahxQFoM

Jump to Post

03.15.2013 6:38pm
 (Edited on 03.15.2013 at 7:42pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

I think that's the point though Shadow - if you have an EU account, you need an EU key and Seekers isn't on the EU store.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/

EDIT: They just commented on this.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30093-Seekers-of-Adoulin-Pre-Order-%28EU%29?p=407854#post407854

Hi all,

First of all we would like to apologise for the lack of information on the upcoming expansion for EU players. We understand everyoneâ??s frustrations and we do not take pleasure in making our loyal fans angry.

Some of you are concerned that the expansion will not be released in time. However, rest assured that we will still be releasing Seekers of Adoulin on the 27th March as scheduled.

The PC version will be digital download only so we wonâ??t be running out of copies for sure.
With regards to pre-order information for the PC, we will provide you with concrete details on where you can get it next week.

Once again we are sorry for having to make you wait.

Jump to Post

03.21.2013 7:22am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

I'll be getting two copies of it.  Looking forward to whatever new endgame it will have to offer as I haven't played much after finishing all 3 gear sets in NNI.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 7:39am
Thread Creator

Shadow

Out today, expecting my download email from square today, and my physical copy from amazon tomorrow.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 7:53am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Actually, it appears it may be delayed (no surprises there) - the maintenance that was supposed to be done today in preperation for it has been pushed back to the 28th, and the info on the FFXI website states that not only will the content 'not be playable' after the maintenance, although it's stated the expansion will be available on the 28th, as stated here:

All Worlds Maintenance Time Change (Mar. 27)
The All Worlds maintenance which was scheduled to take place from 17:00 to 20:00 on Mar. 26, 2013 (GMT) has been rescheduled and will now take place at the following time. Please note that "FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin" content will not be available at the end of this maintenance period.
The content will be released on Mar. 28, 2013 (GMT), and we will post an additional notification when it is released.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Mar. 27, 2013 from 10:00 to 13:00 (GMT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI

So yeah, looks like we'll have to hold out a few more days for this.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 8:03am
Thread Creator

Shadow

That's ok for me actually, since I have a holiday starting on Thursday, any word on the new 360 achievements with the expansion (if any?)

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 8:08am

Enkidoh

I don't know, I play FFXI on PC. I presume there would be the standard ones though (unlock GEO and RFR, get GEO and RFR to 99, arrive in Adoulin, particpate in that Colonization thing SE keeps spruking etc etc).

I've never really been one for achievments so I never took much notice of them in other games.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 12:53pm
Thread Creator

Shadow

Enkidoh said:

I don't know, I play FFXI on PC. I presume there would be the standard ones though (unlock GEO and RFR, get GEO and RFR to 99, arrive in Adoulin, particpate in that Colonization thing SE keeps spruking etc etc).

I've never really been one for achievments so I never took much notice of them in other games.

Yeah typically they don't have an achivement for unlocking jobs, or getting them to 99...but there is a single achievement right now for every job and getting it to lvl.75. I suppose we'll see if they add anything at all, I know in the past they really haven't seemed to put much effort into the Xbox achievements, they even all use the same crappy ToAU marketing image as their icon.

Normally websites like xboxachievements.org catch all these ahead of time, so if none have showed up yet, I'm thinking they may not have added any at all.

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 9:29am

Enkidoh

So, now that's it's been over a week since Seekers of Adoulin was launched, who else got it?

Firstly, Adoulin the city is rather... bland to be honest. Lots of broad empty streets and buildings which you can't enter, not to mention that big statue of Altana in Eastern Adoulin looks recycled from the one in the Hall of the Gods. :p And I chuckled at the FFV reference of the name of the bridge linking the two parts of Adoulin together (hint, it has a connection to a certain 4 armed dimensional traveller who is a ninja pirate in FFXI). ;)

And it might be just me but it looks like they 'borrowed' more than a few ideas from FFXIV 1.0 (ala, Geomancy is just like Conjury, the waypoints are aetherytes/aethernets, right down to costing 'kinetic points' like aetherytes costed anima in XIV, frontier camps are just like aetheryte camps, Ulbuka is the Black Shroud, right down to the land itself being 'alive' and hostile against outsiders, the heartwings are just like XIV's sylphs/elementals etc etc).

Still, it's pretty good XIV references notwhithstanding. GEO and RUN were easy enough to unlock, once I searched FFXIcylopedia of course for info. All up, it's nothing utterly amazing or original, but still light years better than what lolAbyssea was.

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 11:59am
Thread Creator

Shadow

I don't know what you have against Abyssea, I actually quite liked it from a gameplay and structure standpoint as far as end-game design. Felt really refined from what Limbus was.

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 4:57pm

Scribe
The Taru

I'm in the group of people that feel Abyssea was the best system released for FFXI. It truely saved that game imo. I got SoA and so far I can't say much. FFXI's expansions really don't open up until 6 months or so after their release. As of right now I can say that I enjoy the new town and waypoints. Any reduction in time wasted on traveling is welcome. The new jobs are interesting but I do have a gripe that AF was not included with the initial launch. I also am not a fan of the repeat of WoG style missions where the launch only included a cutscene. In CoP you were able to get to Chapter 2 or 3 if I recall, which included a lot of exploration and boss fights.

So for right now I still am hopeful, just a little dissapointed in the amount of content available at the launch.

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 5:24pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm totally with you scribe. The only major criticism I have about Abyssea is the extreme grindiness of empyrean trials. But at the end of the day this is an MMO and grindiness has to be expected. At least empyreans are more accessible to the average player than relics or mythics ever were.

I just hang around as a whm and help people these days. I have no time or interest in making a commitment like that.

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 6:21pm

Zubis
Registered Member

I'm also in the group that likes Abyssea. I think that a lot of old school FFXI players got really upset with Abyssea because players could do in days what took them years.

You see it happening again now that SE have confirmed they will be making weapons more powerful than Relic/Mythic/Empyrean - the playerbase from 2005-2010 are going rampant over it and claiming that their weapons should always be on top.

Jump to Post

04.11.2013 8:22pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Those people who are going rampant need lives, and girlfriends.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter