Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

FFXI: Seekers of Adoulin

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

04.12.2013 1:56am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Maybe it was just a bad experience I had not long after Aby's release where I was constantly getting hassled by morons spamming me with Cleave pt invites, only to then turn nasty when I told them I didn't have Fell Cleave (my WAR was still only level 80ish at the time).

That and the storyline for Abyssea (what there was), was a poorly-written alternate retelling of the end of CoP
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
(instead of defeating Promathia your character is like, eaten by him and he then turns into a giant dragon and tears Vana'diel apart, or something)
, which I thought was utterly ridiculous, only marginally worse than WotG's stupid alternate history retcon - which is as shame as up to Treasures of Aht Urhgan FFXI had an awesome storyline. It's just the add-ons and WotG just kind of ruined it.

But I guess I'm in the minority here.

Jump to Post

04.12.2013 4:17am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I agree that cop had by far the best storyline. But how much time do players really spend on the storyline?

Jump to Post

04.13.2013 2:43am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

The earliest days of CoP were the glory days. Along with Aht Urghan not long after. I'm probably some sort of masochist, but I enjoyed the prior difficulty curve.

Jump to Post

04.13.2013 3:43am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Arckanghel said:

The earliest days of CoP were the glory days. Along with Aht Urghan not long after. I'm probably some sort of masochist, but I enjoyed the prior difficulty curve.

It was great. I remember the feeling of accomplishment when I stepped into Lufaise. It was the first time in the game where I felt like I had done something grand.

Jump to Post

04.13.2013 4:01am

Zubis
Registered Member

I do believe that CoP was the best expansion, but I also remember the 19 tries at Proto-Omega, the mobs in Promyvion that were nerfed three times in the first two weeks, the endless running between A and B, etc.

Just remember, rose tinted glasses.

Jump to Post

04.13.2013 8:25am
Thread Creator

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Yeah to me the nation campaigns felt more like something teaching about the game, and the CoP campaign really felt like the main storyline for the FFXI game to me, and despite how painful some of the missions were, just felt the most epic.

ToAU I actually really enjoyed, might even be my favorite expansion...just really appreciated that they gave it so much style.

Jump to Post

04.13.2013 6:54pm

Scribe
The Taru

Looks like many different opinions on the content. ToAU was probably the only expansion I didn't enjoy. The 3 add on scenarios were humorous and entertaining and I view the Abyssea as a battle system addition like Dynamis. The difficulty of CoP was what made that expansion the most fun for me. It also explained the opening movie. Besides WoG RoZ and CoP the rest of the expansions don't tie well into the world and story of FFXI. There are places like the Mithran homeland and Moogle homelands that should have been explored and expanded upon by now instead of creating places that have never been spoken about. Regardless, all the new ideas for battles in SoA are welcome. Would be cool to have a different way to get to the city like using the airship port or something... they never did make use of the port in Norg.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter