Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy XV Trailer

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next >

07.07.2013 4:59pm
 (Edited on 07.07.2013 at 5:20pm)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

I don't really count Mass Effect, though, because you can't ever directly take control of your squadmates. You're explicitly in the role of a combat leader there, as opposed to a more full-party based game, so it actually makes sense. I haven't had the chance to play Last Story yet, and I'm not touching Kingdom Hearts with a 10-foot pole.

Ah, yes, I forgot it did that for FFXIII. Probably because when I died in that game it was mostly a full-party wipeout.

Jump to Post

07.07.2013 5:48pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

I agree it was stupid in FFXIII but in my mind it was the least of FFXIII's sins.

Jump to Post

07.07.2013 6:18pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Game over if the leader dies also happens a lot in the Megaten games.

Jump to Post

07.07.2013 6:25pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Another reason Xenoblade does shit right. Leader dies, if you have enough party gauge  left your party member AI revive you.   How hard is this to program in other games?? 

Jump to Post

07.07.2013 11:25pm

Seelas
I want to go back.

Spidey said:

Another reason Xenoblade does shit right. Leader dies, if you have enough party gauge  left your party member AI revive you.   How hard is this to program in other games?? 
I'm pretty sure it's a deliberate design choice rather than "we can't be arsed to code this in." It's probably extra code work to add in the special condition of the leader dying. It's a bad design choice, imo, but definitely much more likely that it's there by will and not laziness.

Jump to Post

07.08.2013 1:32am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, I'd say it's much more a conscious design choice than a lazy ommission. Not one I like, but it's done in Megaten games, as an example, to add to the difficulty.

In some games it makes sense in terms of the universe, like SMT3. The main character summons the demons to fight with him and when he's down, that's that. It just annoyed me in the Persona games since your characters have Revive spells and are perfectly capable of rezing each other.

Jump to Post

07.08.2013 2:11am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I hate that shit.

Jump to Post

07.08.2013 3:53am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

It would be like playing Marvel vs Capcom and if one of your characters dies match is over. 

Jump to Post

08.27.2013 1:49am

SplittinAdam
Eu sunt Dracul

SE has shown the pretty visuals before.  Every one of their games is visually stunning.  Sorry, I've seen the dog and pony show.  Not getting excited until I've got it in machine, and I can determine for myself how engaging it is.  I really don't even have my hopes up, because from what I have seen, there seems to be lack of originality in character design, (looking at you, Altair,) and even battle parameters, (lead character looks like he's played WAY too much SoulCalibur as Nightmare or Siegfried, and decided it would be good to imitate his style.)

Now, as I look back I see the crooked path that I had been set upon all those years before, leading me inexorably to this moment. I can still see her face in my mind's eye, poor dear Laura, such a sad tale is ours. A tale of heroes who strove to save humanity only to lose our own.

Jump to Post

06.06.2014 11:29am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Update on FFXV at E3 .... he update is there will be no info about FFXV at this year's E3.

Jump to Post

06.06.2014 12:22pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Makes me wonder if their "big hitter" is gonna be Kingdom Hearts 3 or if they're announcing the first FFXIV ARR expansion.

Jump to Post

06.06.2014 1:08pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

Onyx said:

Yeah, I'd say it's much more a conscious design choice than a lazy ommission. Not one I like, but it's done in Megaten games, as an example, to add to the difficulty.

In some games it makes sense in terms of the universe, like SMT3. The main character summons the demons to fight with him and when he's down, that's that. It just annoyed me in the Persona games since your characters have Revive spells and are perfectly capable of rezing each other.

In Persona 4, this doesn't happen. It's mostly like you said in SMT3 or in Persona 3 is where it's a thing. Devil Summoner it happens because of the same reasons in SMT3. There's only you and the demons you summon.

And I really don't have much hope for XV. XIII really burned me. :S

Jump to Post

06.06.2014 2:42pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Magnus said:

Makes me wonder if their "big hitter" is gonna be Kingdom Hearts 3 or if they're announcing the first FFXIV ARR expansion.

Square Enixâ??s E3 2014 lineup seems to be limited to just three games this year. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix, and Hitman Sniper will be at the show. Thatâ??s all for now at least!

https://nintendoeverything.com/square-enixs-e3-2014-lineup/

Jump to Post

06.06.2014 6:54pm

Zubis
Registered Member

I'll give SE credit for giving lightening up in the last couple of years, they actually do fun stuff online now.

Jump to Post

06.06.2014 9:03pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

They are going to do their own event after E3 which I'm okay with. Can't believe this is getting close to a decade long wait for a game... I'm thirty and was 22 when this was announced. Almost a third of my life has been waiting for this.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter