Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Final Fantasy has been saved.

10.18.2013 5:03pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Well, Yoshi-P being on this committee is a good thing at least. Otherwise it's just a gathering of the people who ruined Final Fantasy (Toriyama, Kitase) trying to save it.

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 6:33pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

And this means what? Bolster the quality? Sounds like some PR stunt.

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 7:32pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Create a commitee to save the brand which includes the two people who ran the brand to the ground for an entire generation. Yep ... nice.

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 8:56pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

The first thing I thought of was that scene in The Phantom Menace when Amidala tells the Senate it sucks for wanting to have a committee.  Hopefully this one will have a more positive result than the birth of the Galactic Empire.

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 9:49pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

kjonez said:

Naoki Yoshida

That's their main guy who has his finger on the pulse of what people want. Everyone on this committee needs to shut up and listen to him. 
Pretty much this.

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 10:02pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Aye. Didn't he publically say recently that FF titles in the last 10 years have been childish?

EDIT: Well, sort of. I like this guy.

He also mentioned how he was fan of the older Final Fantasy RPGs, the deep rich and dark stories. "The current Final Fantasy games feel like they are for kids," he said, oddly criticizing his own company's offerings. "I want to make a Final Fantasy game that's more for our generation, our older fans, and the response from fans so far is that Final Fantasy is back."

Read more at https://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127378-Final-Fantasy-14-Team-Didnt-Expect-So-Many-Players-PAX-2013#tmwzIaMfGgO9rKK7.99

Jump to Post

10.18.2013 11:28pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

But they didn't feel like they're for kids.  They're shit in so many other ways but that's not one of them.

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 12:35am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

IMO games for kids are a lot more enjoyable than games for teenagers.

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 2:00am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

What Squirrel said^of what Squirrel said.

That said, A Realm Reborn seems to be the biggest step in the right direction in at least a decade, so.../hope?

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 2:15am

The Hulk
Good Boy

How is another MMO a step in the right direction, in any way?  That's not me being shitty btw, I'm genuinely curious as I never have and never will play it.

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 3:23am

kjonez
with a Z

I doubt Yoshi is on the committee to make another MMO, but...

FFXIV 1.0  was a big expensive blunder. No research into what people wanted, instead it gave us what they thought we wanted. It was so bad that it could have ended any big budget future projects with the Final Fantasy name.

Yoshi was put in charge after the flop and told to fix it. Not only did he fix the game and added so much more that people wanted but also improved the name of the company and reinspired hope. He did this by listening to the fans because he is a fan. 

With that type of mentality invested in all future projects, MMO or single player, you're going to start seeing better results. 

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 5:26am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Lexx said:

The first thing I thought of was that scene in The Phantom Menace when Amidala tells the Senate it sucks for wanting to have a committee.  Hopefully this one will have a more positive result than the birth of the Galactic Empire.

And Jar Jar Binks would totes create a much better Final Fantasy than anything we've seen in the past while.

Also, I know people dog Kitase but they've done it the most since he got knocked too far up.  To continue with the sci-fi references, he's a captain, not an admiral.  Presiding over a game is his first, best destiny (as is evidenced that the ones he exactly did so over were the most iconic, if not most popular, in the series).  Anything else is a waste of material.

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 7:02am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Just out of curiosity, of all of the people who responded with cynicism, how many of you played FFXIV:ARR?  Also, with Yoshi-P on this committee I promise you everyone with power in the company is aware that he turned their greatest misstep into their best game in a decade.  Dude knows his shit and I promise you the evil corporate overlords know it.

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 11:03am
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Agreed. FFXIV: ARR is the best FF game in 10 years or more. Hell, even Free Spirit's playing.

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 2:02pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

At the risk of proving how out of touch I've become with the FF franchise, why does everyone blame Toriyama and Kitase for the recent slump in quality?

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter