Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Leak suggests that Final Fantasy VII is Coming to Steam.

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 10 Next >

06.21.2012 5:37pm
Thread Creator

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Source: EGMNOW

A leaked product description suggests that Final Fantasy VII could be coming to Steam, complete with new features and items.This version of the game includes Steam features such as achievements, cloud saving, and online profiles. There will also be a new Character Booster item to max-out your HP, MP and Gil for when you ?find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down.?The information appeared on FinalFantasyVIIPC.com, a domain registered by Square-Enix on June 15, before being locked behind a password. The page is still visible via Google??s cache. Last year Steam registry entries were discovered for Final Fantasy VII and VIII.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://dev.finalfantasyviipc.com/en

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 5:50pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Unless the game's been seriously tricked out graphics wise, I'll pass.

Also, FF7 was difficult? Wtf? I suppose for this gen it is...

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 6:07pm

Kal
yes

I think the only boss that ever gave me some sort of trouble (other than the WEAPONS and even those were not that hard) was the bug thing that teaches you Trine (in Nibelheim ?)

That being said, I'd love a Steam version with a good graphics patch and upgraded soundtrack quality.

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 7:07pm

greenyxi
Let's Player

See, I'd love this if they brought it to psn too. My laptop is terrible...I'm not even sure if FF7 would run on it :/ . C'mon Square, bring it to psn too! ;)

My most recent 3 let's plays:

Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Link (Din, Onox, Maku...I'm so funny)
Killer7 (Completed) - Link
Luigi's Mansion (Completed!) - Link
My main youtube page: Link

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 7:11pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

greenyxi said:

See, I'd love this if they brought it to psn too. My laptop is terrible...I'm not even sure if FF7 would run on it :/ . C'mon Square, bring it to psn too! ;)

It's on PSN already?

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 7:12pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

OrionHardy said:

Steam features such as achievements, cloud saving, and online profiles.

Pfft, no point. That guy is a lost cause.

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 8:04pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

The game's been on Steam's servers and in it's registry, along with FFVIII PC, for years as it is. I guess they're just finally ready to flip the switch and make one of them available.

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 8:28pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

The only thing dumber than this is the fact that I'll buy it.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 10:21pm

greenyxi
Let's Player

amaron said:

It's on PSN already?

With any of the things mentioned here added on top would be loverly. Like, slightly better graphics, sound quality, trophies, a few new items etc. I know I'd just be throwing my money away by buying it again...but I would still buy it :/

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 11:21pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Vyers said:

Pfft, no point. That guy is a lost cause.

damnit you beat me to it!! well done vyers

Jump to Post

06.21.2012 11:36pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Apparently, this could be a reason for this happening all of a sudden

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/no-sequel-no-problem-remaster-final-fantasy-vii-for-pc-using-bootleg-muo-gaming/

I guess they're scared to lose money over this remake from fans =/

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 3:38am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Fuuko Sakurada said:

Apparently, this could be a reason for this happening all of a sudden

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/no-sequel-no-problem-remaster-final-fantasy-vii-for-pc-using-bootleg-muo-gaming/

I guess they're scared to lose money over this remake from fans =/

The thing about this is that it requires the original discs to run. No, really. I tried it with disc emulation, mounted discs, cracks, burned discs, ect. Eventually I had to dig out on of the CDs from the depths of my room to get it to run. So really, they aren't losing money on that at all. If anything, I think they're releasing it on Steam to AID in that.

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 3:58am
 (Edited on 06.22.2012 at 4:44am)

Nelfichu
I've been there, hombre.

Kal said:

I think the only boss that ever gave me some sort of trouble (other than the WEAPONS and even those were not that hard) was the bug thing that teaches you Trine (in Nibelheim ?)

Materia Keeper, and yeah, that was the boss that gave me the most trouble the first time I played FF7.

How about instead of Character Booster items, we get some new materia or weapons or something? Or, you know, a sweet remake?

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 4:11am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

If there is a nice shine of polish added to this I'll be more than willing to stea.... I mean "acquire" this.  I don't care about achievements anyways. 

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

06.22.2012 4:17am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Spidey said:

damnit you beat me to it!! well done vyers
Beat me, too.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 10 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter