Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Leak suggests that Final Fantasy VII is Coming to Steam.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next >

06.22.2012 11:51am

Spooniest
Coffee Warrior

I'm not going to be happy until Jennifer Hale does Terra Branford's voice in a remake of 6.

I got old. 7 didn't age with me. 6 did (says the rusty old Samurai writing letters from the seclusion of his mountain cave).

Years after playing 7, all I can think while trying to play it again is "Grow the hell up, Cloud!" But he's never going to.

I'm going far far away somewhere

Jump to Post

06.23.2012 3:16pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

OrionHardy said:

A leaked product description suggests that Final Fantasy VII could be coming to Steam, complete with new features and items.This version of the game includes Steam features such as achievements, cloud saving, and online profiles. There will also be a new Character Booster item to max-out your HP, MP and Gil for when you ?find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down.?

So in other words, it's 'FFVII Easy Type'?

It does explain though why there's suddenly been a lot more 'FFVII remake' talk around lately.

Jump to Post

06.25.2012 5:43pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

This isn't quite a next gen remake, but if its true I'll be happy. Just being able to easily run the PC version smoothly will be nice, not to mention the extra motivation some of us seem to get from things like achievements etc.

I certainly hope there is truth to this.

Jump to Post

06.27.2012 3:21am

Monetary Dragon
Just keep swimming

I'm more disgusted by the concept of an FF7 "Easy Type" than interested in a graphical update of FF7.

"Gil for when you ?find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down.?

How on Earth can you not afford a Phoenix Down? They're like 30 gil, and you have like 17,000 gil just by accident.

This is also the sort of thing that can ruin the value of FF7 accomplisments, by having to now also specify "and not maxing out your shit with Steam" when describing any accomplishment. It's bad enough to have to specify 'no gameshark/save hacking/W-Item "trick"/other cheating to some people.

Jump to Post

06.27.2012 1:35pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Monetary Dragon said:

I'm more disgusted by the concept of an FF7 "Easy Type" than interested in a graphical update of FF7.

"Gil for when you ?find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down.?

How on Earth can you not afford a Phoenix Down? They're like 30 gil, and you have like 17,000 gil just by accident.

This is also the sort of thing that can ruin the value of FF7 accomplisments, by having to now also specify "and not maxing out your shit with Steam" when describing any accomplishment. It's bad enough to have to specify 'no gameshark/save hacking/W-Item "trick"/other cheating to some people.

Yeah... I'm not really sure there is a NEED for an 'Easy Type'. I'm not a power leveller by any stretch and the only time I remember having an issue the last time I played was at Proud Clod... and even that wasn't too hard.

Jump to Post

06.27.2012 3:11pm

viator
Registered Member

I'm disturbed by this ingame cheat as well. There is absolutely no need for it.

I also hope Final Fantasy VIII is made available too, as they were considering Steam releases of both FFVII and FFVIII.

dissidia.net

Jump to Post

07.04.2012 5:28pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com/en

I'm rolling my eyes.

Jump to Post

07.04.2012 5:47pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

You know what. Im ok with this. I might just buy this to replay. XD

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

07.04.2012 6:13pm

Zubis
Registered Member

"Trailer": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4TgU4SKLc

They don't even have the guts to show gameplay - it's going to be a cheapass port. From their Twitter feed: "The 1998 FFVII isn't supported by modern PCs. We've optimised it and added some new online features."

No Steam release, apparently. Honestly the best thing about this is the HD wallpapers on that site, I've been looking for HD versions of the original artwork for years. I assume they scanned it in from the original artwork.

Jump to Post

07.04.2012 7:15pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

"Download today" *reads available soon*... lol.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

07.04.2012 8:22pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

If this isn't coming to Steam I'm not touching it.  I don't trust Square when it comes to online payments.  Or video games for that matter.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

07.05.2012 1:20am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Dr Squirrel said:

If this isn't coming to Steam I'm not touching it.  I don't trust Square when it comes to online payments.  Or video games for that matter.

This.

Jump to Post

07.05.2012 4:16am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Zubis said:

"Trailer": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4TgU4SKLc

They don't even have the guts to show gameplay - it's going to be a cheapass port. From their Twitter feed: "The 1998 FFVII isn't supported by modern PCs. We've optimised it and added some new online features."

No Steam release, apparently. Honestly the best thing about this is the HD wallpapers on that site, I've been looking for HD versions of the original artwork for years. I assume they scanned it in from the original artwork.

I love how the likes and dislikes are almost equal. =))

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

07.06.2012 1:49am

Zubis
Registered Member

https://kotaku.com/5923560/ten-achievements-id-like-to-see-in-the-final-fantasy-vii-re+release

Some of these (fake) achievements are hilarious.

Square Enix

Convince a shopkeeper to pay you five times for the same item.

Anyone want to try topping them?

Jump to Post

07.06.2012 4:00am

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

'"You're a Douche" - Rename Aeris to Aerith.' Hahahaha, I love that one, as I'm one of those philistines that dares prefer 'Aeris' over 'Aerith', and continue to refer to her as such.

I think I can top that though with "Square-Enix's Blank Cheque" - spend a ridiculous amount in real-life funds to boost the effects of the 'character booster' to maximum. And then squander that power by using it at the start of the game."

Sadly we all know that there will be people who will actually do that though. :(

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter