Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Rethinking (Alleged) Mistranslations

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

07.05.2013 4:32am

Crisium
N/A

SuperSquall said:

But I digress: Let's just go back to the challenge I posted earlier.  Give me a great, memorable line from FFVI-A that isn't lifted straight from the Woolsey translation.  I really hope you find one, because great writing is a wonderful thing.  I will even occasionally go through my book collection and locate my favorite sentences from books and read them for pleasure.  Here is the script for FFVI-A I have been referencing:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/930370-final-fantasy-vi-advance/faqs/47016

And here is the FF3 one for good measure:
https://ca.ign.com/faqs/2004/final-fantasy-iii-us-game-script-429392

As I said earlier, the FFVIA version does have superior parts:
Kefka: This little hamlet is too much "boring" and not enough "burning"...
Torch everything!

vs.

Kefka: I don't care for the appearance of this pitiful little hamlet... So
burn it!!

It's the one instance of a superior Kefka. And it makes an english play on words, so it's an extra step towards wit.

Jump to Post

07.06.2013 6:51pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Crono said:

I enjoy (and in fact did say it earlier) both versions.  On the fly I'm more likely to favor a certain part of the SNES version more but I still feel very satisfied with GBA version.  That's funny, I just started a replay of the GBA version yesterday but with the sound and graphics patches to make it more like the SNES version.  I poped that on my PSP (no lag like on GBA console) and we have a pretty damn good portable version of the game.

Oh yeah, of course you agree with me  but I just  typically assume that haha. 

Wait theres a patch for the sound!? I need to get this. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter