Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Square Enix President stepping down [Kotaku]

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 10 Next >

03.26.2013 11:40am
Thread Creator

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

https://kotaku.com/square-enixs-yoichi-wada-is-stepping-down-458811790

Apparently forecasting "extraordinary loss" for the next financial statement.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 12:32pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Under his leadership there were some positives, perhaps most notably the acquistion of Eidos and the stellar rise of Square-Enix's western publishing division. But with FF13 and FF14's failures, their extremely poor and overpriced social & mobile offerings, and their lack of (good) new titles...well the writing's been on the wall for a while.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 1:39pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

This is the best thing to happen to Square in like ten years.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 3:02pm

Zubis
Registered Member

How exactly?

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 3:32pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I don't see any real changes coming out of this. Someone's head needed to roll, but that's about it.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 4:13pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Dr Squirrel said:

This is the best thing to happen to Square in like ten years.

Only if the next guy isn't even worse.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 4:16pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Can you merge both threads Onyx? Some good discussion in both...

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 4:51pm

kjonez
with a Z

They need to put this guy in chage and be a little more open minded to the rest of the world.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 5:38pm
 (Edited on 03.27.2013 at 2:31am)

Zubis
Registered Member

¥10 Billion loss - $106 million. *

https://www.hd.square-enix.com/130326.pdf

* Corrected from earlier value.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 5:44pm

Kal
yes

That's a lot of money. Let's hope they have the good sense to not give Nomura any more power.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 5:57pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Nothing will change in Square Enix unless the next person says "Maybe we shouldn't turn such a blind eye to everyone except Japanese teenagers."

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 6:13pm

Aquila
Usually lurking
Administrator

While he was ultimately responsbile for a lot of things, I feel like the failure of FF series in this gen was largely due to the teams themselves, unless Wada personally told them to make the games in those specific ways.  Perhaps he focused too much on the western sectors and neglected their core RPG brands too much (poor time management on R&D and development), but gatta give him credits for all the great western games they published in recent years.

Oh well, like someone said, heads gatta roll, and hope the next president will bring some fresh changes.

Jump to Post

03.26.2013 11:06pm

Scribe
The Taru

It's been a headless beast for over a decade. Hironobu Sakaguchi is the only one that could save their ass now.

Jump to Post

03.27.2013 12:36am

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

^^ Given that Wada came out to personally link every successive AAA they had to FFVII, this may actually be the case.  If the people running the show can get their heads out of 1997's ass things may actually look up.

I somehow doubt that'll happen but here's to THE DREAM!

Jump to Post

03.27.2013 3:19am

Scribe
The Taru

Crusader said:

^^ Given that Wada came out to personally link every successive AAA they had to FFVII, this may actually be the case.  If the people running the show can get their heads out of 1997's ass things may actually look up.

I somehow doubt that'll happen but here's to THE DREAM!

I disagree. I think they should stick their heads up the ass of everything pre 2000's.

And NOT in a whorish "lets rerelease the only good material we've ever put out" kind of way. I mean they should go back to old formulas that were not 110% marketed to Japanese teens. They have no creative vision at all. It all seems like they find something in pop culture to include in the title and they build the game around that.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 10 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter