Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Final Fantasy Series

Theatrhythm

09.04.2012 3:15pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Finally got my copy in the post, Jesus that was delayed shipping.

It's funny how the initial character selection only gives you a choice of each game's protagonist, and I really really struggled to put together a party of four that I like

Zidane my man! Come on down, you are not alone!
Terra! Bring your magic to my party. Nice to see SE decided you were the main character!
*scrolls through all characters*
*scrolls through all characters again*
Erm.... Onion Knight....your name is funny.
*scrolls through again*
Cloud I suppose, you're less annoying than most of the rest.

Also the difficult is KILLING ME, I have an almost perfect savefile on Rhythm Heaven, and I S-Ranked the hell out of every song in the demo on Ultimate; is this game really going to make me beat every single song ON EASY?

I don't say this often, but I'm way too hardcore for that shit!

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 5:07pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Vyers said:
Also the difficult is KILLING ME, I have an almost perfect savefile on Rhythm Heaven, and I S-Ranked the hell out of every song in the demo on Ultimate; is this game really going to make me beat every single song ON EASY?

I don't say this often, but I'm way too hardcore for that shit!

S is not the highest rank ;) if you remove all items and abilities, you get a 20000 stoic bonus, which unlocks SS rank and SSS if you get critical on each with the stoic bonus

However, you only get SS if you get over 70000 at the end with the stoic bonus, otherwise you end with an S and having all criticals means 99999 for the SSS

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 5:49pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Yeah I'd heard that, I was just saying that I S ranked everything in the demo on Ultimate (where you cannot alter equipment), and the actual full game is forcing me to play on the easiest difficulty; which is agonising.

Jump to Post

09.04.2012 6:51pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Oh yeah ...you need to do that and then when you get at least an A on Expert mode, you unlock Ultimate xP

I also purchased all the in-store songs and I noticed that there's no Event songs, which kinda makes me sad xD there's only Field or Battle songs ...I guess they couldn't do it because it would be too big of files for Event songs

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 10:21am

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Fuuko Sakurada said:

Oh yeah ...you need to do that and then when you get at least an A on Expert mode, you unlock Ultimate xP

It crushed my heart to hear you say this, I immediately became completely naked, and SSS'd or SS'd every song on basic, now I'm doing the same on Expert. Once I've got all the songs on Ultimate I'll put my clothes back on and see what abilities do, haha.

Do the characters become naturally stronger as they level, or do they only gain CP to let them equip more skills? (Will a naked Lv.100 party be as weak as a naked Lv.1?)

Also what songs did you buy? I'm not massively impressed with the selection to be honest. I hope I can unlock more good ones.
Seriously Squeenix, if you couldn't be fucking bothered to do note-tracking for The Prelude, don't put it as the beginning of every fucking game....

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 11:10am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I bought all of the songs in the store xD and the character stats do increase with levels, but they also get better abilities and more CP to equip stuff ...it's just harder with nothing on to get SS or SSS because they don't have heals in case you mess up or protection and can't run as fast on Field songs

Personally, I find the Battle songs in Ultimate really hard xD I haven't tried to SS or SSS them yet ...

Jump to Post

09.05.2012 12:14pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

I was looking at the DLC song lists on the Wiki.

I don't want to spoil what is IN the game, but I'm happy to spoil what is NOT in the game (without me buying DLC), if that makes sense?

Gutted to see FF: Matoya's Cave, FFVIII: Force your way and the Extreme and FFVI's Battle didn't make the initial cut

Those are just the songs I recognise the names of, I'll youtube the rest of the cut ones once I have less flash applications running.

Jump to Post

09.06.2012 12:28pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Oh man, this game. I both love and hate it so much at the same time.

I beat all the Basic songs, and most of the Expert songs, and texted a friend of mine about how I was finding it frustrating that I was REQUIRED to play all the lower difficulty songs at least once, and he suggested I check out Chaos Temple/Dark notes since you  get good rewards from that mode and also you need to unlock some stuff in here to do Streetpass.

I had done no Ultimate difficulty songs at this point.

I progressed about 5 songs into the mode, and it was satisfyingly diffult. Then suddenly:

Game: And now for some reason, Chaos attacks!
Me: Wait what?
Game: Can you save the world?
Me: Why is the plot attacking me in the extras menu? Why is the first bit of plot the last boss?
Chaos: RAWR I am Chaos and I appear to have a face for a crotch with a penis for a tongue
Me: *mesmerised* Man I hope I don't fail the song staring at this guys crotch
Game: Perfect chain!
Me: Fair enough
Game: End credits!
Me: Seriously?

At least the credits were funny, and I unlocked Dancing Mad.

I can go into a longer rant later, but I feel like the basic premise and note-tracking of this game is sound, but the planning that went into it is really stupid in a lot of place.

Jump to Post

09.06.2012 1:45pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Yeah, when you reach a certain Rhythmia, you get to fight Chaos lol also, I completely forgot about the Dark Notes xD the higher the first 2 digits, the harder the song because it goes faster ( highest is 99 ) and the other 2 digits are the 2 songs that will be played

Just to give you an idea of how hard it gets with the Dark Notes, when you're at 99 and the game sees that you do well, it starts spinning the arrow notes to mess you up ;) with these Dark Notes, you're more likely to get the colored crystals to unlock the additionnal characters than if you just waited for your Rhythmia to go up up

Jump to Post

09.06.2012 2:12pm

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Ah that explains it, I think I hit 10,000 Rhythmia in Chaos shrine. I would have done so sooner if I wasn't skipping all the intro/outros in the series for being boring. That spinning arrow shit sounds crazy, I don't know if I'm gonna enjoy that.

I stopped being naked to try out gear and abilities in Chaos shrine, and I'm not sure I understand what the base stats of STR/LUCK/AGI/MAG actually do over the normal course of a battle.

Also some abilities specify "Only works for equipped character" and some specify "Applies to whole party" but most don't specify either so I don't know what it's being applied to.

It seems to me you need different setups for the BMS/FMS, but also that you might need alternative set-ups for Chaos Shrine since you have different Boss chances and different loot rarity. In general the stats and abilities are confusing me.

Jump to Post

09.06.2012 7:05pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I don't know about the stats too much, all I know is that high AGI characters can run faster on the Field songs to get further in and that you need to do that in Chaos Shrine so that you can reach the Boss. 2 or Boss. 3 signpost to ensure you get something good in the Battle song that comes up next ...I just equip stuff like Protect or Elegy or Cures to heal if I mess up and stat boosters for all the party

Jump to Post

09.10.2012 11:22am
 (Edited on 09.10.2012 at 1:27pm)

Vyers
Dark Adonis

My plan for the game was to beat every song on "Basic" and "Expert" using the stoic bonus to at least A rank so I could unlock "Ultimate" and leave those lower difficulties behind.

Once I had that done, I noticed that there are trophies for beating ever song to an "S" rank or more, and when I went back and checked my records there were only like 8 songs total I haven't gotten "SS" on (Stoic bonus is overpowered), so I went back and SS ranked every Basic and Expert song), but I was kinda disappointed when I DIDN'T get a trophy at all.

Incidentally I'm calling "Defiers of Fate" from FFXIII as the hardest Expert level song. Most songs I can do pretty badly on and still get SS rank; but on that song it has to be a perfect chain of mostly criticals. I got a few perfect chains that only got me an S so I had to retry it a couple time before I could claim that SS.

"Oh well" I thought "I must not have all the songs unlocked"

I equipped my characters with Abilities for the first time (at about Lv.60) and set about doing Ultimate songs and the Chaos Shrine, and I was having loads of fun, I really really like some of the songs and remixes that ended up in Chaos Shrine.

Then I hit 25,000 Rhythmia, unlocked the FFVII battle theme, SS ranked it on Basic and Expert  and got two trophies
"You S ranked every song on Basic"
"You S ranked every song on Expert"

So unless I missed something, there's no trophy for SS ranking everything, and the game just views it as a regular S.

It also might distressingly mean that I can't unlock the cool Chaos Shrine songs to be playable in Challenge mode! D:

I don't think I have it in me to SSS rank everything. All criticals are not easy.

EDIT:

I was looking up some FAQs to try and see what songs are and are not available in Challenge mode, and I think Squeenix may have actually changed that for the EU version, because some that they say are "Chaos Shrine ONLY" such as the aforementioned Defiers of Fate I definitely have, and some others I defintely do not.

Guess I'll just have to keep playing and see what I end up with.

Jump to Post

09.21.2012 1:56am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Matoya's Cave and Force your Way got released yesterday for download =P I'm kinda meh that they only released 1 FF6 song so far as downloadable

Jump to Post

09.21.2012 10:18am

Vyers
Dark Adonis

Oh they're only out now?

I have a two Youtube playlists for the DLC.

One I made based on the list on the Wiki (with just the songs), and another I found posted on gamefaqs with a guy playing them (so you can see the notetracking/length).

I didn't know there was a difference between what was posted on the wiki and what was actually out.

I haven't bought any DLC yet, I ended up making a team with 7 Libra abilities, and I'm cruising through the dark notes with them so I can find the easiest songs to grind for crystal shards.

Jump to Post

09.21.2012 7:15pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

They release 4 songs every week on Thursday, since the game was out in Japan before, some people made lists according to what was released over the Nintendo eShop over there in anticipation over what songs will appear in the store

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter