Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

FFO, How old were you?

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

08.16.2018 10:48pm
Thread Creator

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Since mostly only people from 'back in the day' come around these parts anymore.  How old were you when you first joined this community?  For me, I believe it was the year 1999 and I was 12 or 13 years old.  Now I'm 32.  Raise your glasses for a toast to another 20 years.

And that, as they say, is that.

Jump to Post

08.17.2018 8:07am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I was uh, like 34? And DH didn't believe me when I said it back then!
I'm almost 50 now, and I'm still playing.

Jump to Post

08.17.2018 2:28pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I just entered college so I was around 18. I'm 36 now. Wait Vinny didn't you need to be like 16 to join the forum?

Jump to Post

08.17.2018 7:23pm
Thread Creator

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Id82 said:

I just entered college so I was around 18. I'm 36 now. Wait Vinny didn't you need to be like 16 to join the forum?

That could have been the case.  But I'm sure I just lied and put in whatever date I needed to so that I could join.

Jump to Post

08.18.2018 2:08am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I actually remember this very vividly. I was working a summer job between my senior year of high school and freshman year of college back in 2000. I was working at the VA hospital and got moved to cover a reception desk. Where I was covering was so slow I had nothing to do all day so would browse the internet. I stumbled across FFO and was enarmored to find a site like this. I remember the first thread I really read through was one of the FFVI vs. FFVII vs. FFVIII debates back in the day. 

This site really helped open my world to games outside of FF and RPGs. 

I'm 36 now and borderline dislike JRPGs, but still keep coming back to this site. I'm glad this place is still hanging on. Cheers! 

Jump to Post

08.18.2018 2:48pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

What don't you like about JRPGs Inquisitor?

Jump to Post

08.18.2018 4:34pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Id82 said:

What don't you like about JRPGs Inquisitor?

I should clarify that I dislike many of the modern JRPG's out there. Stuff like HyperDimension Neptunia, Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Also the Gust stuff like the Aetlier series. I still very much enjoy the JRPG's of my youth. I also don't get the appeal of Persona, which has been one of the bigger JRPG franchises of the past decade. The Tales series seems hit or miss. 

I have some interest in Octopath Traveler, but don't own a Switch. I'll be picking up DQXI for sure. So I guess maybe it isn't that I dislike JRPG's.....it's that I don't like the direction of some of the stuff that makes up the genre these days. And I don't have the time to dive into these types of games like I used to. 

Jump to Post

08.18.2018 5:21pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I personally love the Persona series, but if modern day Japan and time management quests aren't you're thing thenI can understand. Have you tried xenoblade?

Jump to Post

08.19.2018 12:35am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Id82 said:

I personally love the Persona series, but if modern day Japan and time management quests aren't you're thing thenI can understand. Have you tried xenoblade?

Working on XBC. I am finding it hard to find meanintgful chunks of time to sit down with it (work/kids, etc). But there's a lot to like there. There are some minor japanese quirks I don't care for (the dialogue in battle is like nails on a chalkboard to me). But otherwise I really am enjoying XBC. 

Jump to Post

08.19.2018 2:19am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I had to change the language to Japanese because I couldn't stand the English dialouge during the fights.

Jump to Post

08.19.2018 4:12pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

I was 19 in late 2000.  College provided me with large amounts of time to procrastinate and finish FF7.  While doing that, I started checking out FF communities online and and eventually found my way here.

Jump to Post

08.19.2018 6:01pm

Mert
on Dew

I would have been 17 in I think early '01? So just before graduating high school.

Jump to Post

08.19.2018 10:32pm

Megz
Capital M before egz

Guess I must have been about 12 or 13. That was a case of playing in the main site - checking the bestiary and downloading midi tracks of the music.

Haven't played an FF for myself since FFXII. Currently playing through FFX with my oldest boy. Shit's getting real, Sin is down and we're about to be inside it.

Sugar. Short AND sweet.

Jump to Post

08.21.2018 11:44pm
Thread Creator

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Megz said:

Guess I must have been about 12 or 13. That was a case of playing in the main site - checking the bestiary and downloading midi tracks of the music.

Good to hear I'm not the only 'rebel' to join this forum before the age of 16.

Jump to Post

08.22.2018 7:04am

I am 34 years now. But I was a member of this forum since i was 19 years old. I build up myself so well now. Life is good. 

Edit Post 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter