Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

FFO, How old were you?

08.23.2018 4:16am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I was 23 back in 2002. It was my first "real" internet experience. :-3

Jump to Post

08.23.2018 3:28pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

So were just a bunch of old dudes that are jaded about Final Fantasy.

Jump to Post

08.23.2018 9:51pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Id82 said:

We're old by Final Fantasy standards, sure.  Cid in FF7 was described as "old", and he was friggin' thirty-two.

I'm 34 now.   I joined at some point before December 2001, so I must have been 16 or 17.  So, I've been coming here for roughly half my life.

Jump to Post

08.23.2018 10:19pm
Thread Creator

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Id82 said:

Yeah pretty much.  Though I think we'd be less jaded if they didn't just produce crap since about 2001 or so.

Spoony said:

We're old by Final Fantasy standards, sure.  Cid in FF7 was described as "old", and he was friggin' thirty-two.

I'm 34 now.   I joined at some point before December 2001, so I must have been 16 or 17.  So, I've been coming here for roughly half my life.

Oh crap, I'm as old as Cid was!  They really made him out to be a geezer at 32 -,-;;

And that, as they say, is that.

Jump to Post

08.24.2018 3:05am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Isn't that a common trope in jrpgs? The "old man" in the group is usually in his thirties?

Jump to Post

08.24.2018 2:10pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Which is really weird coming from a country where people routinely live past 100.

Jump to Post

08.25.2018 3:39pm

Fukiyama
Sysadmin of my brain

Maybe it dates back to earlier periods of manga when life expectancy in Japan was a lot shorter for the masses?

Jump to Post

08.27.2018 6:40pm
 (Edited on 08.27.2018 at 6:45pm)

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

I was 15 in Feb 2002 when I started kicking up the lime truthiness we all know and sort of kind of care about today.

Spoony said:

Ha ha. I'm "Cid old" I guess I can finally apply for the job of cameo shopkeeper in Kingdom Hearts now. That would actually be fun when you think about it. 32.

Can I be the FFO shopkeeper guy? Now hiring other employees! We all hate overblown villains, but Ultimecia gets a discount because of all of the sweet nothings she whispers in my ear at lunch break, and yes Ulti, I will remember to pick up eggs on the way home.

Jump to Post

08.29.2018 7:33pm
Thread Creator

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Id82 said:

Isn't that a common trope in jrpgs? The "old man" in the group is usually in his thirties?

True for the most part, but even in FF7 Barrett was older then Cid and he didn't come across as being a geezer.  Older for sure, but not really a geezer.

Plumbum said:

I was 15 in Feb 2002 when I started kicking up the lime truthiness we all know and sort of kind of care about today.

Ha ha. I'm "Cid old" I guess I can finally apply for the job of cameo shopkeeper in Kingdom Hearts now. That would actually be fun when you think about it. 32.

Can I be the FFO shopkeeper guy? Now hiring other employees! We all hate overblown villains, but Ultimecia gets a discount because of all of the sweet nothings she whispers in my ear at lunch break, and yes Ulti, I will remember to pick up eggs on the way home.

Can I be on the night shift?  I thought Ultimecia got the discount because she was really Rinoa in disguise?

Jump to Post

09.16.2018 6:34pm

Swoony
Registered Member

i was, liiiiike, 8? im 25 now...... heh heh heh....... you dried up old geezes 

Jump to Post

09.16.2018 8:35pm

Lexx
I know how they work

I was 16, I believe, when I started coming here in 2000.  I just turned 34 a couple weeks ago.  I'm sorry to say the last new Final Fantasy game I played was XII.  I've replayed X and X-2 since then, and I own XIII as a gift, but the direction the series went just killed my interest in it.  Plus, being an actual adult with a job, I value my free time way too much to waste it playing a videogame I don't actually want to play.

Spoony said:

Mother of God, I'm OLDER than Cid was.  I remember thinking he was ancient when I first played VII.

Jump to Post

09.16.2018 11:13pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

That's because Cid is portrayed as a man in his fifties by looks and experience, but we can't have old geriatric fucks in our video games can we?

Jump to Post

09.17.2018 12:21am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Id82 said:

That's because Cid is portrayed as a man in his fifties by looks and experience, but we can't have old geriatric fucks in our video games can we?

I mean I'll even take it a step further....I'm 36 and I don't even consider 50's to be old at all anymore. My how perceptions change as we age. 

Jump to Post

09.17.2018 2:35am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm 36 as well, 50 is not that old. But in jrpg world we might as well be on our deathbeds.

Jump to Post

09.20.2018 10:58pm
Thread Creator

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

Lexx said:

I was 16, I believe, when I started coming here in 2000.  I just turned 34 a couple weeks ago.  I'm sorry to say the last new Final Fantasy game I played was XII.  I've replayed X and X-2 since then, and I own XIII as a gift, but the direction the series went just killed my interest in it.  Plus, being an actual adult with a job, I value my free time way too much to waste it playing a videogame I don't actually want to play.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  FFXII was the last Final Fantasy game I ever owned and I strongly disliked it.  Though a friend did make me play a few hours of FFXV over the last few months which I didn't like either.

Id82 said:

I'm 36 as well, 50 is not that old. But in jrpg world we might as well be on our deathbeds.

Hey now, wasn't Tellah from FFIV like 60?  He was pretty wily for his age.  Who cares if casting Meteor killed him

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter