Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Job/Career

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

08.14.2012 9:13pm

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

Shadow said:

I work as a Designer for Rockstar Games after transferring divisions from 2K a couple years back. My role has kind of changed on every project I've been on, as I'm kind of that versatile guy that just kinds of finds a way to fit into whats needed at the time. My childhood dream was to work on a hockey video game, and I had the chance to work on a few so I feel extremely fortunate that I was able to tick that box.

Does this mean you can give us super secret information on GTA V?

I made this for you!

Jump to Post

08.14.2012 11:39pm

GalaxyHead
Undisguised Man-Made Nova

Currently I'm a senior research analyst at a public university and I am also a part-time lecturer. I may go the PhD route in a year or so, depending on how poor and miserable I want to be in my 30s.  I'd like to work as a research analyst for a non-profit organization, possibly in the field of mental health or social justice if I can come by it. Otherwise now I am just racking up the experience.

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 12:00am

Kal
yes

Shadow said:
My childhood dream was to work on a hockey video game, and I had the chance to work on a few so I feel extremely fortunate that I was able to tick that box.
I love that childhood dream. It's so specific.

I'm doing covers for some Warhammer 40K novels right now. It's fun.

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 2:09am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Kal said:

Do you have a couple of samples of your work. Kal?

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 7:47am

Kal
yes

Indiana Jerico said:

Do you have a couple of samples of your work. Kal?

===

The work I'm doing right now is under NDA unfortunately but check out my blog

edit:huh my host seems to be down atm so a lot of images are missing... tumblr it is then

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 8:07am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Awesome, awesome work. My ultimate dream is to be an illustrator for an entertainment media (book and comic covers, cards, video games, etc). As someone who never went to art school though, self-teaching is a very slow process.

===

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 10:01am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

THAT JOHN SNOW AND GHOST WAS YOU

The internet is a very small place.

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 10:06am

Kal
yes

Indiana Jerico said:

Awesome, awesome work. My ultimate dream is to be an illustrator for an entertainment media (book and comic covers, cards, video games, etc). As someone who never went to art school though, self-teaching is a very slow process."
Thanks!
The path of self-teaching is longer indeed, but I think it's ultimately more gratifying. I went to artschool and all but dropped out in my last year because the teachers were jaded self-absorbed dicks who wouldn't be open to anything that doesn't resemble their own personnal style. It caused me a great deal of frustration and lowered self-esteem and it took me a couple yours after I graduated for drawing to become fun again.
These days with the incredible amount of resources available on the internet, self-teaching has become a very reasonable alternative to (often overpriced) artschools. Social networking and forums are key for making contacts. Since I got a tumblr I've landed a few major contracts I never would've gotten otherwise.
Book covers is a very fun field, diverse and generally well paying. So yeah. You got a blog or a gallery somewhere? 

Murasame said:

THAT JOHN SNOW AND GHOST WAS YOU

The internet is a very small place.
aha yah it got tumblr-radared... i'm not not exactly sure how that happened but yah

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 2:09pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Kal said:

Book covers is a very fun field, diverse and generally well paying. So yeah. You got a blog or a gallery somewhere?

My dA's at jie-kageshinzo.deviantart.com. The works are not much and admittedly, I have become lazy the past year or so in the arts. I haven\t even dropped by conceptart.org in months now. I really should start drawing seriously again.

===

Jump to Post

08.15.2012 11:15pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Kal said:

Hah, it was indeed a pretty specific dream, but as a Canadian that grew up obsessed with both hockey,  and video games it really did become something that I was just ready to do anything to make happen. I ended up moving very significant distances twice for the opportunities.

Jump to Post

08.16.2012 12:52am

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

As is obvious, I'm a firefighter/paramedic in a large Ohio city (just a rung under Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland).  I've been doing it almost 12 years, and this is absolutely what I wanted to be when I was a kid (I figured out early that Dallas Cowboys quarterback wasn't going to happen).  There is absolutely nothing like kicking in a door and plunging into a high-heat, zero-visibility environment and trying to find the fire in time to do something about it.  I also have a bachelor's degree from Ohio University.

Jump to Post

08.16.2012 3:23pm

Sanna
What a Tedious fight!

I've been heistant to post in this thread because I'm still in retail and have been for 9 years. I work at JCPenney and Hallmark. Not exactly proud of my choices.

I've been going to school on and off (I have two associates degrees), but nothing has really stuck with me. Most recently, I took a couple of courses of Mandarin through the Confucious Classroom at my local community college (the first of it's kind at the community college level) in 2010. I really liked it. I liked it enough that it showed in my grades and I was choosen to give a small speech about my experiences with classes at my instructor's farwell ceremony. It was slightly nerve wracking  because the mayor and all the deans of the college were there. Not to mention, Confuicous Classroom of NCState. No pressure, right? Well, I thought the speech itself was terrible, but every there said I did a great job. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter