Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

What do you do for work?

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

05.30.2018 9:30pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm assuming most of our remaining members here are probably working professionals.
So what types of jobs are you all holding these days? What lead you to that kind of work?
Feel free to humble brag.

For me I work as an animator at a pretty famous well known video game company.
Ever since I was a kid I was always designing video games and loved watching cartoons so I went to school for illustration and animation. 
I've worked in the film industry, mobile games and now work on console games.

Jump to Post

05.30.2018 10:21pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Site content and and website customer service for a major university library.

Jump to Post

05.30.2018 11:36pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Home maker through and through!

Jump to Post

05.31.2018 3:11am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I work at a bank in their risk management department. But I am going to be working at a marketing consulting firm in their risk department soon.

Being an adult sucks as typing that drains my soul. 

Jump to Post

05.31.2018 3:39am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Do you not like your work Inquisitor?

Jump to Post

06.01.2018 2:51am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Id82 said:

Do you not like your work Inquisitor?

My current job is a steaming pile of turds. I am optimistic about the job I am moving into though. It's much more aligned with my areas of interesting. But in general, the responsibilities of adulthood are largely a let down from what I thought adulthood would be like as a kid. But that's a different thread. 

Jump to Post

06.01.2018 6:02am
 (Edited on 06.01.2018 at 6:17am)

Scribe
The Taru

Inquisitor said:

Being an adult sucks as typing that drains my soul. 

Good news! Beinganadultsucks.com is coming soon :)

I left my job as an investment advisor rep to start a business. I currently own a business called Quit Rich in which I am teaching finance to the public for free. I'm using the financial cost of  people's habits as a catalyst to spark interest in self money management. To make money I'm selling clothing. So it could be said that the business is clothing brand that teaches financial education. I will be changing what it means to wear a brand.

The company's end goal is to end poverty and make being an adult a little less sucky. There are other tiers to it but I'm not ready to talk about them yet. Lets just say I'm going to eliminate the college student debt crisis and create equal opportunity in a greater sense than has ever been.

A big announcement will be coming soon regarding Quit Rich and it's going to be something I hope you'll fall in love with, especially if you were a kid in the 80s and 90s.

Jump to Post

06.07.2018 9:19am

Megz
Capital M before egz

I work as a national moderator for the industry training organisation (the standard setting body) for the health and social services sector in New Zealand. The idea of travelling as part of your job is sooooo much better as that; an idea. The reality is pretty lame (given I typically want to be home with the family) - thankfully the travel demands are shrinking. It's an interesting (enough) job. Not one I ever imagined getting into (nor thought could/would/did exist in my pithy teenage years) no one teaches you this shit!

Sugar. Short AND sweet.

Jump to Post

06.10.2018 3:36am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I work as a costumed character at a theme park.   Low stress, pays the bills, and I get a lot of downtime for writing/gaming/whatever.  

It's not what I'd call a career, but it'll do for now.

Jump to Post

06.10.2018 5:48pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Are you allowed to say which costumed character and which theme park?

Jump to Post

06.14.2018 8:36pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I think I'm allowed to say that I play or have played every character here.

Jump to Post

06.16.2018 3:57am

kjonez
with a Z

I stare at construction cranes all day and sometimes help people with them...when I feel like it.

Jump to Post

06.16.2018 5:10pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I work as a data scientist at an insurance company. My primary job is statistical risk modeling. I also work on other business problems and I spend a lot of time building databases and cleaning/extracting information from unstructured text.

Jump to Post

06.17.2018 1:06am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Thinking about statistical risk modeling and databases hurts my braim.

Jump to Post

06.21.2018 1:52am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I'm a humble guy. I just work as a manager at a gas station while I finish my 20 years in the military. After that, I'll hopefully get into something well paying. I haven't looked too hard, yet.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter