Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

What do you do for work?

06.21.2018 7:10am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Dang 20 years. You've been in the military under four different presidents. That's awesome. Does the dynamic change depending on who's in charge?

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 12:52am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Active duty has always been a rat race. Lots of schools and opportunities for promotion under Bush. Obama slashed the military, so there wasn't anything good like that under him. A lot of good Soldiers like me got forced out. Things are getting better under Trump, but it's only been a couple years. I'm finishing up in the IN National Guard. Next month I'll have 16 years in.

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 9:35am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Coolsetzer said:

Things are getting better under Trump
that oughta rustle some jimmies

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 3:46pm
 (Edited on 06.22.2018 at 3:53pm)

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Not as much as you think. ??Obama slashed the military? is a narrative that makes no sense because we had a divided government most of his presidency, and it??s Congress that decides funding for the military.

Progressives want working families to have access to education and healthcare because it gives everyone an opportunity to live fulfilling lives. We definitely want people who choose to serve their country, including military service, to be rewarded for it.

But Obama wasn??t really a progressive so I understand your confusion.

What we don??t want is to spend an insane amount of money on military appropriations that go to projecting force all over the world and supporting oppressive autocratic governments like Saudi Arabia. We don??t want to corruptly spend insane amounts of tax dollars to fill the pockets of execs/shareholders of for-profit defense contractors and arms manufacturers.

Spending more of our military funding to boost education and life opportunity for servicemembers is just fine. We should do the same for school teachers, police and firefighters too. Stop funneling tax money to corporations at the expense of people. But Trump didn??t do that did he? This is by far the most corrupt administration in American history.

Edit: ??Libtards hate the military? is a completely phoney narratives sold by right wing plutocrats, through their propaganda network to seduce people to vote against their own economic interests. Just like guns and abortion.

Edit2: some rewording above.

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 5:02pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

For fucks sake guys we have a place for this conversation https://www.ffonline.com/forums/f21/Politics_Thread_I_FFS_Debut_Edition_36/page228

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 8:04pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Shit like that^ is the reason I resigned from that thread, I was just making a harmless joke (I thought)

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 8:23pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

You threw out the bait and I went for it. Sorry to go off topic, but distortions cannot go unanswered.

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 9:04pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

I am genuinely serious when I say I forgot you even existed until you posted that rant.  It was a happier time.

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 10:44pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Do either of you get paid to do this?

Jump to Post

06.22.2018 11:32pm
 (Edited on 06.22.2018 at 11:40pm)

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Organizational_structure_of_the_United_States_Department_of_Defense

I'm sorry, but were you living under a rock when Obama announced he would be shrinking the Armed Forces to pre-wartime levels? It's one of the things that the President does have control over. He was also the reason why "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" was repealed. And why we got out of Iraq and Afghanistan, despite the warnings from those within the DoD.

Jump to Post

06.23.2018 12:10am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Oh boy. This thread got derailed.

Jump to Post

06.23.2018 9:17am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Jump to Post

06.24.2018 6:04pm

Lord Golbez
Registered Member

Another reason SG is better, but then there's another thread better suited for this comment too. :p

Jump to Post

06.30.2018 8:32pm

Lexx
Terran Angel

I work in retail.  I've been offered the chance to move up higher in the company but I''m terrified if I do that I'll become a lifer.  Of course, since I'm an old man now, that may be the best option instead of hunting for something else.

Jump to Post

07.01.2018 6:38pm

Mert
on Dew

No, don't do it! Don't embrace the soul-crushing life of middle management!

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter