Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Did anyone get a PS4?

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

11.15.2013 3:03pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

I really considered going out to Best Buy last night to see if I could get one.  Really the only thing that was holding me back was the slight fear of getting a faulty one in this first batch, and the fact that the only thing so far I really want to play on it is Infamous, and that's not until March.  But with PS+ I already "own" 2 PS4 games...

They did announce an Infamous bundle last night.  It would make sense for me to just wait to get that, but now I don't know if I want to wait until March!

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 3:21pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I am way too broke.  Maybe in a couple tax returns.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 3:55pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I had a launch bundle from Amazon, but cancelled it a month or so ago.

I need to remember to NOT be an early adopter.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 3:55pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Mine comes in sometime "before the end of the day."  Hate UPS.  Going to be a long wait. 

I get out of work at noon on Fridays so going to Target for their B2G1 free deal.  Going to pick up Killzone, AC4, and not sure on which I'll get for free.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 4:29pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Probably going to hold out for a little while.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 5:05pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Waiting here for some stuff I actually care about to come out. The only thing I am remotely interested in right now is Watch Dogs. 

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 5:39pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I'm gonna wait for some huge price drops and for it to get some games I'm interested in.  Particularly FFXV and Uncharted 4.  It'll probably be a few years, but that's fine.

My eventual system purchases will probably be 3DS, then Wii U, then PS4, in that order.  Maybe an Xbox One if it's dirt cheap at the end of the generation.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 5:43pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I'm the anti-early adopter.  Earliest I buy a system is 3 years into it's life. 

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 5:43pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'll get one eventually, but I'm waiting quite some time. Less chance of hardware failure plus it'll be nice to have some games I want. The only launch titles I was really interested in were Knack and Watch Dogs. The latter got delayed and the former is apparently garbage.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 6:00pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

I'm now considering calling Best Buy to ask when they will start selling unclaimed preorders :P

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 6:05pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I have an Xbox One and PlayStation4 preordered (yeah...I'm a sucker). But I live in Europe, so my PS4 doesn't come until the 29th, and my Xbox One arrives next Friday if I remember correctly.

I just finished working on Need for Speed Rivals this year, if anyone happens to check it out as a launch title...hope you enjoy it.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 6:24pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

I'll be getting a PS4 Jan/Feb time I think, I've stil got some games I want to finish on the PS3 and other than AC IV I've not seen launch titles I'm desperate to play.  

On that note, anyone got any ideas why studios develop games to be release on a superseeded console?  SE should hurry their asses up and get FF X/X-2 HD, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Final Mix  and FF XIII-3 released (I'll probably be the only person that buys those last two).

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 6:37pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Sam Biscuits said:

I'll be getting a PS4 Jan/Feb time I think, I've stil got some games I want to finish on the PS3 and other than AC IV I've not seen launch titles I'm desperate to play.  

On that note, anyone got any ideas why studios develop games to be release on a superseeded console?  SE should hurry their asses up and get FF X/X-2 HD, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Final Mix  and FF XIII-3 released (I'll probably be the only person that buys those last two).

Well, I think that Square has been working on most of those for YEARS now.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 6:50pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Plus some of those are Vita as well.  And who knows if they get Gaikai up and running they might be able to be played on PS4 as well.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 7:14pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Sam Biscuits said:

SE started work on those in 2010. It's goddamn ridiculous how long they take to make games these days.

I'm actually regretting cancelling my pre-order a little. Turns out PS4 games will not be purchasable on the PSN store unless you own a PS4, so you can't stock up on PS+ games like you can for Vita or PS3.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter