Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Did anyone get a PS4?

11.15.2013 7:18pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Not true.  I just did it on the online store.

Are you in Europe?  I heard that was said on the Europe blog or something.  It's most likely a miscommunication, althrough I guess technically they could take that away for Europe only - but why would they?

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 7:31pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Oh you purchased a PS4 PS+ game? Awesome. Waiting until February then.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 7:48pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah - they don't seem to have updated everything in the store since usually I just go under the PS+ section, and they weren't listed there.  But I searched for each game, they came up as free, and I was able to "purchase" them.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 8:28pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

This wait for the PS4 to get here is starting to annoy me.  Stupid UPS. 

Though it may be a blessing in disguise.  PSN is down for maintenance so hopefully the issue will be resolved by the time UPS arrives.  Want to get Resogun, Contrast, and Warframe off of the store.

Jump to Post

11.15.2013 11:05pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

A couple of my friends did. Not me though. I don't have the money to blow. My next system is going to be a Wii U anyway, for 3D World and Smash Bros.

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 12:46am

Magnus
Registered Member

This time, i'm gonna wait a couple of years. I have a working PS3 I haven't played to death like the last two gens. 

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 1:08am

Som
Genitals are Funny

I was and still am very determined to stick to PC this generation and not get any console. But watching streams and stuff of the PS4 is making it hard

Also i'm in a PAL regoin, and aren't they getting released later here?

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 1:28am

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

So I seem to have fallen into the supposed ".04%" that Sony is spewing.  Was able to play Killzone a total of maybe 20 mins before my system crapped out on me.  Been on hold with Sony for 25 mins now.  I'm so pissed.

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 6:34am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Crono said:

I'm the anti-early adopter.  Earliest I buy a system is 3 years into it's life. 

I don't even have a PS3 yet.  Lol. Right now deciding between waiting a few months and getting a 2nd gen PS4 and playing all the PS3 games on PSN  or getting PS3 now to play everything I missed...

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 10:25am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I'm not even considering a PS4 or XBone until at least this time next year. I want to see how things play out for both consoles. Considering a lot of the titles will still be available for the 360/PS3, I don't have the motivation to upgrade like I did when I got my 360 at launch. I'm actually waiting on the PS3 to drop in price so I can run through the exclusives and such I've missed out on.

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 5:02pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

It'll be at least a full year before I even consider a PS4, but I do plan to get one eventually. XBone isn't even on my radar and probably will never be.

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 5:04pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Rhaegar said:

It'll be at least a full year before I even consider a PS4, but I do plan to get one eventually. XBone isn't even on my radar and probably will never be.

This is pretty much my plan. 

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 6:00pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Spidey said:

I don't even have a PS3 yet.  Lol. Right now deciding between waiting a few months and getting a 2nd gen PS4 and playing all the PS3 games on PSN  or getting PS3 now to play everything I missed...

As of right now, you can only play digital PS3 titles on a PS4 if they release a PS4 version (like with Flower). They had said with the Gaikai service they eventually want to make every Playstation game ever available, so, there's that...

Jump to Post

11.16.2013 11:54pm
 (Edited on 11.17.2013 at 12:12am)

Scribe
The Taru

I got my PS4 and I will say it has exceeded my expectations by far. I wasn't expecting a big next gen jump in terms of interface but this feels like it's succeeded in surpassing tablet functionality as far as quick menu navigation and intergrating apps into the OS. It's fucking sweet.

And if you ever wanted to see a game in action before you bought it the live streaming is the most painless process I've ever could of imagined in both viewing a stream or broadcasting one. Which is going to be great for increasing game sales I think.

Resogun so far is the most fun I've had. The really impressive tech isn't going to come for years, much like last gen. It's a curve that starts barely noticeable and by the end of the gen it will be something that is vastly different from it's predecessor.

I've got the free PSN games (which is like 2 plus free and the others free to play), Killzone, ACIV, and Knack. I've found myself messing with the settings and apps more than anything.

The camera tech is CRAZY awesome. And the controller... oh how you are going to love this controller.

ALSO the youtube videos showing the games don't look nearly as good as they do in front of you. The detail and resolutions are impressive.

Jump to Post

11.17.2013 1:51am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Let's review: nobody has been shot for one yet, but three hours after it's launch, two were stolen in California. And now, an estimated 4% are getting a Blue Light of Death. Can't wait to see what Black Friday brings!

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter