Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Did anyone get a PS4?

11.17.2013 2:15am

Lexx
Terran Angel

I've yet to get a PS3.  So, it'll probably be a while before I get a PS4.

Jump to Post

11.17.2013 2:19am

Zubis
Registered Member

It's 0.4% are failing, not 4%. Which is still 4000 customers out of every million.

Jump to Post

11.17.2013 7:45pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Hate being part of the .4%. >.>

Sony is sending me a new one in 2-4 weeks.  Good thing I was going to play more FFXIV than PS4 anyway....

Sigh.

Jump to Post

11.18.2013 5:59am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

My bad. I missed the POINT four percent when I was reading up on it. One out of every 250 consoles isn't bad, I suppose. A million sold on launch day isn't half bad, either. =D

Jump to Post

11.18.2013 6:41am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Colinp42 said:

As of right now, you can only play digital PS3 titles on a PS4 if they release a PS4 version (like with Flower). They had said with the Gaikai service they eventually want to make every Playstation game ever available, so, there's that...

Ah, thanks for the warning. I'll wait 5 or 6 months to see how that situation plays out. 

Jump to Post

11.18.2013 2:16pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Even with Gaikai, I have a feeling that the PS3 will be a part of my entertainment center for several more years, yet. There's nothing quite like backwards compatibility in a console. And yes, I do play the old games still. =P I'm not trying to knock the PS4, but they will need a real system seller in order for me to commit, like Final Fantasy 7.

Jump to Post

11.18.2013 4:39pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Friend of mine at work got one yesterday at a Gamestop (last one they had).  He had no problems with it.  Was going to buy Knack (although I would never spend $60 on it), but it was sold out.  Which is odd - why would a Gamestop get more PS4s in the first shipment than a PS4 game?

I have to wait for Best Buy, as I would be getting mine on my Best Buy card (well I suppose if I wait for after I get my tax refund I could get it anywhere), and I have like $90 left to spend at Best Buy.

Jump to Post

11.18.2013 5:55pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Decided to yell at Amazon this morning to see what they'd offer and they said they'll be sending me a replacement in a few buisiness days.  This is much quicker than dealing with Sony so I'm just going to take up Amazon on their offer.

Jump to Post

11.19.2013 6:35am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'll probably wait at least a year before I get one. I want to wait and see what kind of hardware failures come out within the year.

Jump to Post

11.19.2013 1:38pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Areas said:

Decided to yell at Amazon this morning to see what they'd offer and they said they'll be sending me a replacement in a few buisiness days.  This is much quicker than dealing with Sony so I'm just going to take up Amazon on their offer.

IGN had an article that said Sony is saying people with faulty units would have to wait until February for a replacement, so good on Amazon!

Jump to Post

11.19.2013 2:22pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

They expedited their production of the system.  Sony has since told me they could get me another one within a week.  I'm going to go with whoever gets another PS4 in my house first.

Jump to Post

11.19.2013 4:12pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Can you play ps3 games on it?

Jump to Post

11.19.2013 10:45pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

No you can't play PS3 games on it.

I got my overnight box today and within 20 mins I had it packed and took it to the nearest Fedex drop site.   Hoping Sony receives it tomorrow in time that they send me a new one that same day so I can get it on Thursday.  However, I'll be happy if I get it back Friday.

https://gaoom.com/2013/11/19/sony-offers-immediate-exchange-defective-playstation-4-units/

At the end of this debacle, I'll have an extra controller and an extra $10 voucher (plus w/e I can get from amazon since they gave me the defective unit).  The extra week it took to get the system isn't so bad now.

Jump to Post

11.20.2013 6:54am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Glad it worked out for you. Sony can be decent with their customer service sometimes. At least you got some free stuff out of it.

Jump to Post

11.20.2013 4:19pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I wish consoles hadn't stopped with backwards compadibility. Now they want you to buy all of those games again through their network stores which is bullshit.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter