Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 221 222 223 224 Next >

08.05.2019 4:19pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

^There is a move that increases Melia's electric summon, and I mainly used that, and then summoned the move it was supposed to boost. 

I'm playing Dragon Age II. That storyline is good, but can feel like quite a bit of a gut punch at times. My "PRO MAGE" Stance is pissing everyone in my party off though...

I'm also messing around in Skyrim. I like fighting with the shield. I wish you could make a base out of the cave areas too, but they respawn every month.

Jump to Post

08.08.2019 6:25pm
 (Edited on 08.29.2019 at 4:52pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Endgame.  Trying to obtain the last few Rare Blades before NG+.

Borderlands 2 - Finally picked this back up.  I liked the first game, but this one is amazing.  Except for Circles of Slaughter... I still hate those.

Control & Man of Medan next week.  LiS2.4, and possibly Erica, this weekend.

EDIT - So Control has some pretty bad framerate issues that occur when there is a lot going on.  Nowhere near the original Odin Sphere, but still substantial.  I'm playing on a standard PS4.

Jump to Post

02.14.2020 8:31pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Eliminated from the backlog- Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.   I don't think I'm ready to declare allegiance to survival horror just yet, but even so I can recognize a masterpiece of the genre.  I probably don't have anything to say about it that someone hasn't already said in the last fifteen years.

I also beat and did pretty much everything there was to do in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for Switch.  Excellent game.  I was hooked, even considering the glitches and freezes and whatnot.  A bit more polish and a more memorable soundtrack is all they need for the inevitable sequel.

Next up for current gen, I'll be getting back to Persona 5.   For the backlog, Chrono Trigger.   Sacrelige, I know.  But I never did manage to beat it back in the day.  That must change.

Jump to Post

02.26.2020 6:07pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

^ Yes, finishing Chrono trigger is a must. It is totally worth it too.

I finally finished Beyond Oasis for Genesis. It was hard, but a really fun Zelda like game for Genesis. I wish there had been more to the ending though.

Also, I played through the shock trooper games on NeoGeo rage. The first one was really fun. The second one was different, and cutesy.

Jump to Post

02.27.2020 3:37pm

Testament
Shamshot

Hell yeah, Chrono Trigger!  I still have the DS version I haven't played yet.  Might need to get on that.  I also need to get to Bloodstained.  I wasn't planning on buying it at release, but I had to have that box art.

Death Stranding - Started a second run.  Not doing everything this time.  Just story missions and maybe a few others.  Technically, I didn't do everything my first run as I stopped at like 235 Legend of Legends.  F*** all that.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - Restarted after a couple years and actually finished this time.  Pretty fun game.

Control - Finished second run and Expeditions.  Fantastic game.  Waiting for the first expansion which will hopefully hit before RE3 and FFVIIR.

Sayonara Wild Hearts - Love this game.  Soundtrack is bangin'.

Jump to Post

03.21.2020 4:08am
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

I love and hate this game. The character creation is a blast. The game has a fun screenshot uploading community that is still active, but the save system is horrible.

You can only have 2 saves, a manual one, and an auto save. When a mission is completed, the both saves get overwritten, so if you want to try another option of finishing a mission, tough luck until New game plus.

The screenshot function compresses the images into pretty bad quality at times, but hearing it doesn't do that on. PS4 makes me want to buy it all again.

It is fun, but it just frustrates me so...

With hockey season benched for the Corona virus, I started back on my NHL Slapshot career. Luckily it was at the beginning of a season too.

Jump to Post

04.14.2020 4:05am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Eliminated from the backlog: Chrono Trigger
Now, I had played most of the way through it years ago, until right after you
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
bring Chrono back to life.

So, pretty close to the end.  This time, I got all the way through.  Loved it the entire way. 

Also eliminated from the backlog: The Bouncer
This has been sitting in my collection basically unplayed for eons, and it's a shame.  First of all, it's pretty darned fun.  Second of all, it's only, like, ninety minutes long.  Fuck, am I ever glad I didn't shell out a full $50 for it back in 2001.

Currently working on: Chrono Cross
Same as Trigger.  Got most of the way through back in the day but never finished.  I think I got both games for the same Christmas, actually.  Now that I'm giving Cross more individual attention, I do see where it's weaker compared to its older brother.  Too many characters, a plot that takes ten plus hours to start getting anywhere, etc.  Still enjoying it, though.  The visuals and music are fabulous, and the element system is as fun as I remember it being.

Also working on: Oni, for PS2.
One of my first PS2 games, initially bought because A- it was cheap and B- the hot anime chick on the cover.  This one is a chore and a half.  Poorly-designed levels, slippery controls you have to wield against annoyingly agile enemies, and horrendously long load times so the game can render its N64-caliber visuals.  Woof.  And this is from Bungie, less than a year before they released fucking Halo.  Can't wait to get this turd out of the way.  Four and a half levels to go.

For current gen, I'm picking at Persona 5 and the tomestone grind for FFXIV.

If there's any silver lining to being furloughed from work...

Jump to Post

04.16.2020 8:35am

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Just finished Tales of Berseria. And I miss Velvet already.

Currenly playing Valkyria Chronicles 4. And unlike the first VC, I find the banter here a bit on the annoying side. But gameplay is awesome as expected.

Next in line: FF7R and Persona 5 Royal.

Jump to Post

04.29.2020 3:51pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

FF7R is the bomb. I just finished it. I can already tell I'm going to cry buckets when/if they kill off Aerith again. Next up: Octopath Traveler.

Jump to Post

05.18.2020 2:03am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Eliminated from the backlog: Chrono Cross.
Man, does this one fall apart at the end.  They nonchalantly drop a metric cockton of plot twists on you right before the final battle, following it up with a nothing ending.  And yes, I'm talking about the good ending.  What a let down!

Also eliminated from the backlog: Oni (PS2)
I don't know how they let this shit get published and sold.  Developers need to stop remaking GOOD games and start remaking junk like this, and get it right.

Also eliminated: Onimusha Warlords (PS2)
I swear I'm not choosing alphabetically.  I think I held off on playing Onimusha based on fears that it'd just be Resident Evil with samurai, but thankfully it isn't.  Much more of an action focus, and the tank controls aren't TOO bad.  Doubt I'll revisit it, but it was definitely worth a play through.

Currently working on:
Eternal Darkness (GameCube)
Another game I got most of the way through, but never finished.  It's still pretty damned cool and creative, even if I know the insanity effects are coming.  Aside from some janky character models, the graphics hold up surprisingly well.  Note that I'm playing this on an old-school CRT.

Lost Kingdoms (GameCube)
Meh.  Card-based RPG, but not in the good way like Baten Kaitos.  Extremely bare-bones in every way.  Not hard to see why it failed to hold much interest in the early 00s, but this time it shall be conquered.

Jump to Post

05.23.2020 3:34am
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

Still playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

I didn't like the ending, but found out there are other endings. Also the expansion Bitterback Island changes it up enough to be really interesting. The scares are good.

Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires

The maps are short, but I like the changes, and how you get two weapons in battle, and can switch them. The maps are a bit too short, but time gets sucked up playing.

KOF XIII is pretty...and kind of pointless playing by myself, but I like it more than SSF4. It is more my speed. Hard though..

Jump to Post

05.29.2020 4:33pm
 (Edited on 05.29.2020 at 11:57pm)

Testament
Shamshot

FFVIIR - Fantastic.  Fucking Fantastic VIIR.  I know it's not what everybody was wanting, but I applaud SE for what they did with this game.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Good fun.  Haven't gotten that far yet due to the game above.

Streets of Rage 4 - Played through with 3 characters, so far.  Exactly what I hoped it would be.

RE: Deadly Silence - I had played through on classic mode before, but never Rebirth mode.  Played both scenarios recently on Rebirth and had a blast.  Quick-turn and knife accessed with the left shoulder button are both great additions.

Will be playing The Last of Us again this weekend in preparation for the sequel.

Jump to Post

06.21.2020 12:41am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Eliminated from the backlog:
Eternal Darkness (GameCube)
Finally got to see this one through, and it generally holds up really well.  The environments and effects still look great.  The character models never really did, probably owing to the game starting out as an N64 title.  The story is intriguing, the insanity effects are clever, and the combat gets better the more you get used to it.

Also eliminated:
Lost Kingdoms (GameCube)
Looks bad, sounds bad, plays... okay.  Kinda.   The ultimate in 'meh'.  As in, Walter White must have experience in game design, because this is 96% pure crystal 'meh' right here.

Currently working on:
I dipped back into Persona 5 last night, working towards the third palace, and it seems like the story might finally be picking up.  I hope.  it has to, right?  People looove this game.

Jump to Post

07.09.2020 12:04am

Testament
Shamshot

TLoU Part II - What a ride.  The only agenda here was to make a great game and it was a fucking success.

The Town of Light - Very depressing and disturbing.

Beyond Blue - Pretty chill experience.  Some good music and even learned a thing or two.

The Inner Friend - A little disturbing, as well, but good.

Also doing some trophy cleanup whilst waiting for Ghost of TsushimaStreets of Rage 4, Dust and attempting to complete Broken Age in under an hour.  Probably not too hard, but I haven't played in a while.

Jump to Post

08.05.2020 1:59pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Only just got round to RE3make....what the hell happened?  The last one was bordering on perfection, this just seems like a completely half arsed product on nearly every level.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 221 222 223 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter