Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

09.21.2018 4:27pm

Testament
Shamshot

Spidey said:

Didn't realize walking dead came out. Time to get to that.

Oh yeah.  2nd episode is out next week.

Jump to Post

09.22.2018 9:58am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Yeah, about that...

Jump to Post

09.23.2018 12:43am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm hearing mixed things on whether the walking dead episode 4 is dead or if it will be released. TellTale hasn't confirmed yet. Although I won't be surprised if it's finished incomplete.

Jump to Post

09.24.2018 4:22pm
 (Edited on 09.26.2018 at 6:33pm)

Testament
Shamshot

The Hulk said:

Yeah, about that...

:D

2nd episode might be out this week... and might be the last one...

EDIT - Well Ep.2 made it out.  While not a bad episode, it sucks that it might be the last we'll see of Clem.  *fingers crossed*

Jump to Post

10.06.2018 12:12am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'm just glad the news came out when it did. One week later and I was going to buy TWD episodes 1 and 2. Now I can put it off altogether unless 4 does come out.

Jump to Post

10.28.2018 9:16pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

So RDR2...this isn't a game that wants to do absolutely anything at all in a hurry.

Jump to Post

10.29.2018 2:02am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

^

I am taking it that's a bad thing? Slow start I take it? 

Jump to Post

10.29.2018 5:21pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

It's a bad thing.  Slow everything.  It's a game of chores and tedious survival elements from what I've seen so far.  All carried out at the most sluggish pace imaginable.

Jump to Post

11.13.2018 11:01am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

^ I hear is tedious in the extreme, and I already have enough unavoidable daily chores, not going to wind down at the end of my day by doing more! So I'm staying well away from RDR2.

I'm wrapping up AC Odyssey, I know they have an update coming up in a couple of days, but honestly, I'm getting Ancient Greece fatigue, still amused enough to continue the three storylines (almost finished the three) but I can't wait to see the end of it.

After that, I have my sights on Hollow Knight; is it really that difficult? would you say I could give it a try? I mean, I have played the old side scrolliing games just fine, gone through the old SMT ones, finished Salt and Sanctuary thrice, never played anyhting on easy. But I tire of Dark Souls, with all the waiting and waiting for an opening to strike.
So I don't know. I'm getting it either way, if anything because it looks beautiful.

Jump to Post

11.13.2018 5:06pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Sadly, I must second the negativity on RDR2. The story is well written but the pacing is terrible and the gameplay is mindnumbing.

Jump to Post

11.30.2018 11:47am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

And now I am indeed playing Hollow Knight, and it is indeed, a difficult game, the kind that I can't play for hours to end, rather, play it until I progress a bit and then quit, I'm down to what I assume is two optional bosses and another one that I'm guessing I hit too early, clearly I'm missing some ability to fight it, it's optional, or i took the wrong route.
And I'm having a bad case of Nintendo Thumbs with this one, but still, it's charming, and challenging and very cute, let's hope I don't give up on it.

Jump to Post

12.12.2018 8:12pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

The Hulk said:

It's a bad thing.  Slow everything.  It's a game of chores and tedious survival elements from what I've seen so far.  All carried out at the most sluggish pace imaginable.

Can those be skipped and only play story missions?

Jump to Post

01.03.2019 12:03am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Some of it can, some is part of the game's DNA.  Given I've taken like a month to respond you probably know that already tho.  I softened some to the game and found some worth in it but I haven't touched it in a couple weeks and have no strong desire to go back.

Now for some reason I'm replaying Kingdom Hearts, picked up the 1&2 remaster for PS4 on a whim, it's fun enough but I'm already starting to remember what an utter mess the story turns into.  Thought about picking up 3 when it drops but the RE2make is coming the week before and I can't remember the last time I was actually excited for a game before this.

Jump to Post

01.04.2019 11:22pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I've spent most of the last 3 months of the year playing sports games. 

Picked up Xenoblade Chronicles again in the past week. I am on my way to Sword Valley through Valak Mountain. I have found an appreciation for everything this game is. 12 year old me would ate this up and loved it. But instead 36 year old me is liking it and appreciating it for what it is but frustrated I don't really have the time to master the game. Gem forcing, building up affinity to see heart to hearts.....doing all the side quests. I just don't have time to really get into all these dynamics. And that makes me sad. 

But I'm going to enjoy the world and dabble in the other stuff here and there. I really appreciate what this game is. 

Also working on a playthrough of Batman Arkham City on the PS4. I just started playing it haphazardly and before I knew it I was going after Penguin at the Museum so decided to play through it. The last 2 to 3 hours of this game are off the chart. 

Jump to Post

01.11.2019 10:44pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

Tried out the RE2 one-shot demo today.  Couple of niggles here and there but it really is looking like they've done the original justice and this is gonna set a new standard for remakes.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter