Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

01.18.2019 10:21pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I just played through Spiderman PS4. That was the best Spiderman game of all time. And one of my favorite games ever.

Jump to Post

01.25.2019 9:52pm
 (Edited on 01.26.2019 at 6:15pm)

The Hulk
Good Boy

So RE2 came out proper, finally.  It cannot be overstated how perfect a blend this is of classic Resident Evil and the best of modern games.  Absolute masterpiece.

Jump to Post

01.27.2019 10:57am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

i don't remember RE2 being this fucking tense, especially when you know who shows up.

Jump to Post

01.28.2019 7:22pm

Testament
Shamshot

The Hulk said:

Absolute masterpiece.

Indeed.  So f***ing good.

Jump to Post

03.17.2019 12:40am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Getting a little more focused on Xenoblade Chronicles since I've been playing it for like a year. I've hit a few points in the game where I wasn't strong enough to beat the boss I was at and have just not had the desire to do the grinding to get past where I am at. I am going to try and mainline the rest of the game since I am enjoying it, but just don't have the patience to deal with grinding to get through areas and/or side stuff. 

Let's see....I have dipped my toe back in to Mass Effect. Both ME1 and Andromeda. Andromeda for me is just fun to pick up and do side stuff. I know a lot of it is boring and repetitive, but I do enjoy the idea of just being in a new galaxy and driving around and exploring the world listening to the squad interactions. I'm also trying to wrap up a playthrough of ME1. This will max out my Paragon meter and then I plan to do a full trilogy playthrough. 

I also have Dying Light and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy ready to go....but I need to wrap up XBC first. 

Jump to Post

03.22.2019 6:36pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

I finally finished Super Mario Odyssey.  Holy shit, that game is packed.  An MMO's worth of content in a single-player platformer with no DLC.  With Mario's most robust moveset since 64.   Nintendo's still got it.

So with that, it's probably back to Persona 5, which I was getting fairly into before drifting away for some reason. 

Jump to Post

05.31.2019 11:00pm
 (Edited on 05.31.2019 at 11:56pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Days Gone - Has a couple semi-rough edges, but really shines at what it does well.

A Plague Tale: Innocence - I'm a sucker for narrative-driven games, and this one definitely delivers.

Jump to Post

06.03.2019 4:43pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

Inquisitor said:

Getting a little more focused on Xenoblade Chronicles since I've been playing it for like a year. I've hit a few points in the game where I wasn't strong enough to beat the boss I was at and have just not had the desire to do the grinding to get past where I am at. I am going to try and mainline the rest of the game since I am enjoying it, but just don't have the patience to deal with grinding to get through areas and/or side stuff. 

It doesn't get better in that regard... That was what killed it for me. TOO MUCH GRINDING. It is best to do it early, because if you continue to rush to the end of the end of the game, the last part is a large level boost over the previous area, and grinding there sucks. I speak from experience...

I'm playing:

Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate

Lovin' me some Morrigan. I kinda hated most of the DLC though. Where playing the main game made me feel like I had ownership in the story, the DLC constantly told me "Hey idiot, you are playing it wrong!" I was happy over how much I could make the character look like me. That was fun. Go mages!!! I may actually try to Platinum Trophy it. All I have to worry about is Darkspawn Chronicles...*sigh*:(

Jump to Post

06.08.2019 5:52pm
 (Edited on 06.08.2019 at 5:59pm)

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Plumbum said:

It doesn't get better in that regard... That was what killed it for me. TOO MUCH GRINDING. It is best to do it early, because if you continue to rush to the end of the end of the game, the last part is a large level boost over the previous area, and grinding there sucks. I speak from experience...

I think I am probably about at that point. 

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
I am fighting Egil inside the Mechonis right now and it's fairly difficult. Will give it a few more shots and then go back and grind.

Honestly, my main problem with JRPG's as a whole these days is the grinding. It makes the gameplay loop less fun. And when you factor in the anime tropes BS that I don't have the patience for as an adult, I like the genre a lot less. Which is a shame, because I think the creativity and worlds they create are amazing at times. 

I've basically put single player story driven games of all kinds on the shelf except for Xenoblade and sports games. I have committed that I need to take a break from long JRPG's after Xenoblade so I'm trying not to play anything else until I am done with it. I am off work this week so plan to mainline to the end of the game this week. 

EDIT: Also been mixing in some RTS and Tower Defense stuff. I've mainly been killing time with Defense Grid, but it's revitalized an interest that I have in RTS and Grand Strategy games. So been really kind of looking to see what's out there in that genre. I am really interested in Stellaris, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Endless Space 2, but haven't pulled the trigger on buying any of those yet. I am waiting for a sale on Rise of Nations and want to pick that up as I haven't played it in years. 

Jump to Post

07.04.2019 6:39pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Eliminated from the backlog: Eternal Sonata for Xbox 360.

Now, I didn't go back to the beginning.  I just picked my last save from long, looooong ago, maybe halfway through the story.
As such, I forgot most of what was going on and who everyone was.  But I suspect I wasn't missing out on anything.  

But the visuals and the battle system more than make up for it.  Gorgeous and a lot of fun.  I don't suspect I'll bother with Encore Mode.

Jump to Post

07.08.2019 8:12pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

After 22 NHL seasons in NHL SLAPSHOT's Peewee to Pro mode, and once again having Superstar Difficulty hand me my ass in the playoffs, I felt like retiring...only to have the game actually retire me. At least I got a Stanley Cup on the hardest difficulty in epic 28 game fashion.

Starting a new file...

I played the Pitt in Fallout 3 and hated it, hated all of the characters, hated the storyline, but got all of the ingots without a guide. I'm... questioning Bethesda games. I'm hoping Skyrim won't be as buggy. 

ALSO, Inquisitor, the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles is really good, but the new game plus is not worth it. I ran into the grind wall at the set of final bosses. I managed to beat it, and Melia is a fantastic Overpowered Quarterback of a character to use, but getting random spawn items for lazy npcs annoyed me. @!#$#! you Colony 6. What the hell man.

Jump to Post

07.08.2019 11:57pm
 (Edited on 07.09.2019 at 6:02pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Asura's Wrath - Even though it is half QTE, it's still pretty damn fun.  Great soundtrack.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - Replayed this on PS2.  Love that game.

Sea of Solitude - I was expecting something a little different, but still a good game.

Jump to Post

07.10.2019 3:33am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I was expecting to see nothing but dust when I logged in here for the first time in forever.  Surprised to see a couple thread still with some life left in them!

Just finished Grand Theft Horse 2 (AKA Red Dead 2) and it must have taken me 5 months to get through, just because I haven't been gaming too much the past year.  But yeah, excellent game obviously.  

Dragon Quest XI is next.  Hopefully it doesn't take me a year, haha.  

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

07.13.2019 6:26pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Plumbum said:
ALSO, Inquisitor, the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles is really good, but the new game plus is not worth it. I ran into the grind wall at the set of final bosses. I managed to beat it, and Melia is a fantastic Overpowered Quarterback of a character to use, but getting random spawn items for lazy npcs annoyed me. @!#$#! you Colony 6. What the hell man.

Don't get me wrong. I like XBC. I just need to adjust my expectations on JRPG's in general. I've kind of come to realize that to enjoy them these days I have to just acknowledge that they are (generally) corny, campy B-movies. More so than other games. And that's okay. 

I found a glitch in Satorl Marsh that allowed me to farm XP really easy. At about 3 hours 20 minutes in this video the guy starts using Melia to put one of those monsters to sleep and then runs away and the game gives you full XP for a fight. I did this for a couple hours and went from level 68 or 69 with everyone to level 78 or 79. I just finished off Lorithia. 

I've read a ton about how Melia is a powerhouse, but I haven't really figured out how to play as anyone other than Shulk and maybe Dunban to a lesser extent. Hopefully that's enough to carry me through to the end. 

Jump to Post

07.13.2019 8:56pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Inquisitor said:

I've read a ton about how Melia is a powerhouse, but I haven't really figured out how to play as anyone other than Shulk and maybe Dunban to a lesser extent. Hopefully that's enough to carry me through to the end. 

I spent most of the game with Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla, but once I got the hang of Melia, I never went back.  It's definitely worth your time to figure her out. 

Next up on my backlog quest is Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition.   I'm getting to be something approaching competant at it, and even though it looks muddy and fuzzy on an HDTV, the detail and atmosphere are purty.   Actually, the lo-fi look might even work to its advantage, like a grainy horror film.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter