Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Finally, a PS3

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

10.31.2013 1:51am
Thread Creator

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Hey peeps! my birthday is approaching and we decided last night that it was time to go get a PS3 for me, the console has been out for so long, that I don't remember any longer what are the good games, unless it's new ones like Ni No Kuni or The Last of Us, so, could you help me out and remind me of all the fabulous PS3 exclusive games that have come out that should not be missed?.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 2:22am

Raphael
Eternal Lurker

The Uncharted trilogy is a must, as is Little Big Planet.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 2:26am
 (Edited on 10.31.2013 at 3:05am)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles and--yes--Little Big Planet.

(Derp.)

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 2:36am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Catherine might be worth checking out, though it is on the 360 as well. I have Ducktales Remastered on my PS3 and there's also Katamari Forever. Persona 4 Arena might also be worth checking out if you're into fighting games and haven't played it yet. My PS3 library is actually pretty sparce now that I think about it... I just don't game like I used to.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 2:49am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

reido said:

Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles and--yes--Little Big Planet.

Except Vesperia is only available in Japan for the PS3.

Unless you mean Tales of Graces f and/or Tales of Xillia.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 3:05am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Shiiiiit I got the consoles backwards, whoops.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 4:10am

Ramses
Registered Member

Heavy Rain is a worthwhile experience if adult themes aren't a deal breaker.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 5:52am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

As mentioned, the Uncharted games are excellent showcases of the power in the PS3 not to mention they're very fun to play.  

Valkyria Chronicles - one of the pest RPGs of this generation in my ever so humble opinion.

Infamous 1&2 - Another fun series that takes the sandbox genre and basically gives your characters superpowers and lets you be nice or evil depending on your choices.

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus collection - Technically they're PS2 games, but they're still awesome.

Resistance 1,2&3 - If you are a fan of shooters, I think these are a solid choice.  Plus they're set in an alternate 1950s where humanity is fighting an alien invasion and while the concept itself is old, it does add to the atmosphere of the games.

Guacamelee! - This one is actually a PSN downloadable game.  I have it for the Vita, but if you don't have one I'd definitely download it onto the PS3.  A Metroidvania type game, but the style and combat make it fun as hell to play.

Also, I would take a look at signing up for the PS+ program.  It gives you the ability to download select games each month for free and let's you play them as long and often as you want as long as you continue your subscription with the PS+ program.  Granted, you might not like the idea of it and there's nothing wrong with that.  Personally, I signed up a few months ago and have downloaded and played Spec Ops: The Line, Saints Row: The Third, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders, MegaMan 9 & 10, Infamous 2, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Little Big Planet 2.  So for me, its definitely been worth the money.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 6:15am

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

Ramses said:

Heavy Rain is a worthwhile experience if adult themes aren't a deal breaker.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 10:10am
Thread Creator

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Oooh! Ico and Valkyria Chronicles! I had forgotten about those! very good suggestions, everyone, I have Tales of Vesperia and Catherine but not Persona 4 Arena or Tales of Graces. If I finally get this husband of mine to get a router, I'll get Guacamele, it sounded awesome, also, wasn't there a game called Flower or something like that that was download only? the Uncharted and LBP games, of cooourse, how could I forget those. Is infamous the game with the guy that has a skull mask or something like that? I don't know about that one. And I'm worried about Heavy Rain, because "adult themes" or not (eh, I don't need more adult themes in my life) games that are very realistic tend to bore me stiff, in fact, I am worried about The Last of Us for that very reason, we'll see.

You have given me months of gameplay already, thank you, guys!.

Oh and Cult of Personality, thank you for telling me about the program, it all depends on conectivity, as I said, but it does sound good.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 11:50am

Raphael
Eternal Lurker

You're right about Flower, you need to play it. The best thing is that it's now also available on disc, in a collection that includes Journey and Flow (it's called Journey Collector's Edition).

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 12:16pm
Thread Creator

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

YEEEESSS! :D I'm so glad it's on disc now, and Journey! another one I needed to remember.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 1:58pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

One thing to note about Persona 4: Arena, Mav, is that it is considered canon in the continuity, and when I say that, I'm including Persona 2 as well as 3 and 4.

Also, after you get a PSN account, take a look at their store for some old downloadable games.  There are some real gems there.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 2:11pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

Journey!!!!!

It and Metal Gear Solid 4 are the only reasons i still have my PS3 though till my sister needed a DvD player it had been sitting in a drawer.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 2:47pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Tales of Xilia and everything else that has already been mentioned on this thread.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter