Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Finally, a PS3

10.31.2013 2:59pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Puppeteer!  Just got it and it is so fricking charming!

I also highly recommend PS+ - it's just a no brainer to me.  I really never NEED to buy games at this point since you get so many free.  And there are good discounts through it as well (this week Puppeteer is on sale for $20 I think).

Also don't know what systems you have had - but if you haven't played Walking Dead you must.  I think it was on sale for PS+ for $2.50!

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 3:10pm

Murasame
HALE YEAH

Katamari Forever. High definition katamari (!!!), and nowhere near as bad as Beautiful Katamari. It is more of the same, but the katamari games never really needed to change all that much, just include some variety and colour and new music, and Forever does that. Such fun!

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 3:15pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

"More of the same" is generally exactly what I wanted from Katamari Forever.  It's awesome.  I still bust it out at random to relax sometimes.  Ain't nothing like rolling a Katamari to soothe the soul*.

(*Hyperbole.)

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 3:19pm

Murasame
HALE YEAH

This song kept me sane for the entirety of last week when I was so ill I hadn't left the house for a week.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 3:51pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Oh yes, PS+.  Definitely get that.  Should probalby invest in a bigger HDD too.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 4:35pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Mavilu said:

Oooh! Ico and Valkyria Chronicles! I had forgotten about those! very good suggestions, everyone, I have Tales of Vesperia and Catherine but not Persona 4 Arena or Tales of Graces. If I finally get this husband of mine to get a router, I'll get Guacamele, it sounded awesome, also, wasn't there a game called Flower or something like that that was download only? the Uncharted and LBP games, of cooourse, how could I forget those. Is infamous the game with the guy that has a skull mask or something like that? I don't know about that one. And I'm worried about Heavy Rain, because "adult themes" or not (eh, I don't need more adult themes in my life) games that are very realistic tend to bore me stiff, in fact, I am worried about The Last of Us for that very reason, we'll see.

You have given me months of gameplay already, thank you, guys!.

Oh and Cult of Personality, thank you for telling me about the program, it all depends on conectivity, as I said, but it does sound good.

I actually forgot about Flower.  I would definitely download that too.  Its just a refreshingly relaxing experience.  Infamous is the game where the main character basically has the power to shoot lightning from his hands, amongst other abilities.  Also regarding PS+, not sure how long they are going to stay up, but at the moment ICO and the single player campaign of Uncharted 3 are available through the instant game collection.

Just a little extra nudge to get your husband to get that router.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 8:23pm

Zophycakes
I'M FROM THE INTERNETTTT
Administrator

DEMON'S SOULS.

DARK SOULS.

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 9:00pm

Kellios
Yikes and away!

Journey!

Jump to Post

10.31.2013 11:31pm
Thread Creator

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Oh Yes, Katamari and Demon's Soul! although this last one scares me a bit and Metal Gear Solid, I always admired them but I'm terrible at them, I wasn't able to get past the bridge in Snake Eater, haha.

I'm looking at the game section in Amazon, buying a console late is awesome, honestly.

Jump to Post

11.01.2013 12:34pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

Oh, i wasn't reccomending Metal Gear Solid 4, especially if you haven't played and loved the previous ones. It's basicly a very long interactive cutscene wrapping up the stories of the previous games.

but....

JOURNEY! GET IT NOW!

Jump to Post

11.01.2013 2:06pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Mavilu said:

Oh Yes, Katamari and Demon's Soul! although this last one scares me a bit and Metal Gear Solid, I always admired them but I'm terrible at them, I wasn't able to get past the bridge in Snake Eater, haha.

I'm looking at the game section in Amazon, buying a console late is awesome, honestly.

That would be the proper reaction to any of the Soul games.

You will be murdered in that game.  Frequenly, without mercy, and violently.  And you will keep coming back for more.

Jump to Post

11.01.2013 2:17pm

Crisium
N/A

Valkyria Chronicles.

I just have to emphasize it again.

Jump to Post

11.01.2013 2:23pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

The ThatGameCompany trilogy is a must, Flow, Flower (as others have mentioned) and Journey.  IMHO Journey is the best game I played on PS3, all are availabe on the PSN but you can also get all three as a package on a single disc from Amazon.

EDIT:

Raphael said:

You're right about Flower, you need to play it. The best thing is that it's now also available on disc, in a collection that includes Journey and Flow (it's called Journey Collector's Edition).

Just read Raphael's post, makes mine a bit redundant :).

Jump to Post

11.01.2013 3:48pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Journey: A game so deceptively minimalist and yet so beautiful as to be almsot transformative

Fallout3: If you haven't already played it on the 360, prolly my favorite RPG of the generation

Red Dead Redemption: Rockstar manages to tell a surprisingly quality story about the limits of redemption, while still including plenty of the middle school level humor that is their trademark

ICO/Shadow Of The Colossus/Zone Of The Enders 1 and 2: All have HD remakes available. GO FORTH.

Valkyria Chronicles: the story is JUST good enough to be serviceable without getting annoying, but the gameplay can't be beat (in the "It's good!" way not the "Impossibly hard oh my god why I am doing this to myself" way).

Jump to Post

11.01.2013 8:34pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Congrats. The only games I loved on the PS3 are Dragon Age Origins and Final Fantasy 13-2. Happy gaming!

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter