Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Finally, a PS3

11.01.2013 11:31pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 11.01.2013 at 11:39pm)

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I don't have the console yet but, I went ahead and I bought the Flow/Flower/Journey trilogy; last night I saw the trailer for it, the music and the art almost broguth tears to my eyes right there, I just wish there would be more beautiful games like this.

I have eyed Fallout and Red Dead Redemption, the thing is that one looks pretty brown (if I remember correctly) and the other is a western, my dad loved western movies, from experience, I can't say that I do like the genre, but both games are intriguing...

As to the Soul games, ooh, I'm so tempted! :D

And CoolSetzer, really? that's too bad, it seems like an awful loss of money if you couldn't like any other games.

Oh yeah! and Zone of Enders! I always think of those, it's time to get them.

I also realized that I there's the Devil May Cry game, the fourth one? which I may like, the latest one, nah, probably not. And I'm happy to see so many HD remakes, some of you had commented on this long ago when I expressed dismay at not backwards compability, but I didn't imagine there were so many, apropos: are you guys going to get the FFX/FFX-2 remake? I might.

Jump to Post

11.02.2013 3:51pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

No, trust me, I'm the same way about westerns, but I really liked RDR.

I've played Journey twice. Each time was nearly a religious experience.

Jump to Post

11.02.2013 8:36pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Mavilu said:

I don't have the console yet but, I went ahead and I bought the Flow/Flower/Journey trilogy; last night I saw the trailer for it, the music and the art almost broguth tears to my eyes right there, I just wish there would be more beautiful games like this.

I have eyed Fallout and Red Dead Redemption, the thing is that one looks pretty brown (if I remember correctly) and the other is a western, my dad loved western movies, from experience, I can't say that I do like the genre, but both games are intriguing...

As to the Soul games, ooh, I'm so tempted! :D

And CoolSetzer, really? that's too bad, it seems like an awful loss of money if you couldn't like any other games.

Oh yeah! and Zone of Enders! I always think of those, it's time to get them.

I also realized that I there's the Devil May Cry game, the fourth one? which I may like, the latest one, nah, probably not. And I'm happy to see so many HD remakes, some of you had commented on this long ago when I expressed dismay at not backwards compability, but I didn't imagine there were so many, apropos: are you guys going to get the FFX/FFX-2 remake? I might.

The music from these games are fantastic, brilliant that they are on the game disc too.  It's be great if all games came with the soundtrack available.

Jump to Post

11.04.2013 7:31pm

Blayze
Registered Member

Little Big Planet is amazing, once you begin creating levels the fun you can have is endless if you're of a creative disposition.

Fallout 3 is one of my favourite titles of this generation, such an immersive and atmospheric world.

Grand Theft Auto 5 goes without saying, an absolute masterpiece.

The Mass Effect Triliogy is brilliant.

Heavy Rain is less of a game and more of an experience, but I'd certainly say it's a worthwhile one.

The Bioshock games combine scares, storyline, great gameplay and a good soundtrack,

And lastly, The Walking Dead. It doesn't matter if you know anything about the series or comic, I didn't. It's simply an interactive story where you make all the hard decisions (and some really will test your moral conscience), and the story is fantastic.

That would be my pick of PS3 games

Jump to Post

11.04.2013 9:57pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I don't know if other people on here just haven't played Puppeteer yet, but really I'm having such a blast with it!  There are musical scenes!  Musical scenes!!

Jump to Post

11.05.2013 9:00am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

I don't know why nobody's mentioned the Ratchet and Clank games yet, because they are fantastic. One of the very few games I've platinumed, because it was so fun.

Jump to Post

11.05.2013 1:35pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Oh, duh, completely forgot them!  Yes, the first 2 PS3 Ratchet and Clank games were great fun.  All 4 One was a decent game, but just didn't geel like an R&C game.

There's also the collections - Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter (although I really only enjoyed the first one), God of War (if you're into that), and especially Sly Cooper!  I think you can get most of the games individually digitally if you want to pick and choose.  Don't know how Sly 4 is because I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Oh, and Costume Quest and Stacking.  Two little downloadable gems.  The Cave to a lesser extent - I liked it, but it didn't have the special feeling I got from the other two.

Jump to Post

11.06.2013 12:52am
Thread Creator (Edited on 11.06.2013 at 1:02am)

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Two more days until I get my grubby hands on a PS3!. Okay, I'll give Red Dead Redemption a try, but if I don't like it, we are meeting on the main street a few minutes before 12 for a standoff, you've been warned.

Sam, I agree, it would be awesome to have soundtracks included! so far, the only ones I've ever gotten have been Atlus ones and the Machinarium one.

Alright, I suck at racing games, got the Mass Effect Trilogy and a couple of the Bioshock games, but I don't have the latest one, hmm, I had forgotten about that one. As for the Walking Dead, is something to consider.

Pupeteer? I had never hear of this one, sounds fun.

I had a Ratchet and Clank one, there was a part that made me laugh so hard I cried, it involved trying to talk in an alien language and if you pushed the wrong buttons, the most insane insults came out, unfortunately, as fun as they are they are overwhelming with so much noise and lights, I guess some games simply aren't for older gamers?.

And yes, the God of War games, I plan to get the HD remakes as well as the third one, I'll be getting as many remakes as I can. Unfortunately, no downloading for me, but I will keep these games in mind if I ever get a conexion!.

I just wish there would be HD remakes of the SMT games, those are probably the ones I would love to have the most. :(

Jump to Post

11.06.2013 4:29am

Jaran

On the Walking Dead, it is critical you listen at this time: You must only get the serial game by Telltale Games. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to purchase The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, which is a hideous, half-formed gestalt of ass and fail parading as a first person shooter. BEWARE.

Jump to Post

11.08.2013 2:45am

Crisium
N/A

Jaran said:

No, trust me, I'm the same way about westerns, but I really liked RDR.

I've played Journey twice. Each time was nearly a religious experience.

Ok, I bought Journey on sale a while back and have yet to play.  Don't worry, it's on my short list.

But I have to ask, should I play online or offline?  I hear stories of people who play online only to get paired with veterans who spoil the discovery of puzzle solutions for you.

Jump to Post

11.08.2013 3:06am

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Crisium said:

But I have to ask, should I play online or offline?  I hear stories of people who play online only to get paired with veterans who spoil the discovery of puzzle solutions for you.

There aren't really any puzzles, so I wouldn't worry about that.   If you can play online, do so.  The interaction between players is a huge part of the game's magic.

Jump to Post

11.08.2013 3:53am

Jaran

Yeah, and there aren't really any puzzles per se to spoil. The veterans will usually lead you to secrets to help you out, though.

Jump to Post

11.08.2013 5:26am
Thread Creator

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Okay, finally I got it! so it came with Uncharted 3 and then we got Little Big Planet, an Assasin's Creed package (AC II, Brotherhood and something else) and of course, I already had the Journey pack, so, last night I spent it grinning idiotically at Flower, which I finished today, completely immersed into Journey (what does it remind me of?) and having immense fun with Uncharted 3, I did not think I would like it nearly as much as I do, not much of a gameplay yet (still in London) but the characters are so very enjoyable, a bit cliche, but very fun.

Jump to Post

11.08.2013 6:07am

Jaran

Glad you like Uncharted 3 since it's easily the weakest of the trilogy. Imagine how much you'll like 1, and 2 may well trigger UNRELENTING JOY

Jump to Post

11.08.2013 10:49pm
Thread Creator

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Hahaha, I have read that it was the worst one of them, in all honestly, I'm content with the climbing portions, but I do agree there isn't all that much in the way of gaming, the other two are so cheap now that I went ahead and bought them last night so I can have that UNRELENTING JOY you are describing.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter