Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Nintendo just sold me on the WiiU... and I'm sad.

10.03.2013 4:56pm

Zo
another blue ribbon

Ashilyn said:

Anyonwe who told you ZombiU is good is lying. That was one of the biggest citical and commercial failures for the system, iirc, and I certainly felt what I played of it was absolute shit.
77 Metacritic score hardly seems like anyone's definition of a critical failure. Commercial numbers I can't speak to, but it reviewed well.

Jump to Post

10.03.2013 9:36pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Ashilyn said:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/10/winder-waker-hd-opens-to-worst-first-week-in-series-history/

I'm just gonna leave that here.

Were the sales of Ocarina of Time on 3DS that great?

I don't think anyone expected this to do the numbers a new Zelda entry could do.

Jump to Post

10.03.2013 11:03pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

OoT 3D's first week sales were 164k+ in Japan (which is very good and it was number 2) and it was also the first 3DS game to sell over 1 million units. It was a true system seller, too.

Now there are a number of factors here. The Wii U is selling very poorly in Japan (the same week WWHD came out, the Wii U only managed a pathetic 5k units sold) while portable systems and games in general tend to move a lot more sales than consoles since portable and mobile gaming is extremely popular there. But WW HD's first week is the worst ever for the series in Japan. It's even sold worse than the Famicom Classics port of Zelda 2 for the GBA, which was the previous low point.

Jump to Post

10.05.2013 5:38am

KyleIII
Registered Member

This video sold me in the Wii U!

Jump to Post

10.05.2013 9:58pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

I am starting to lean Wii U now.  I did play a ton of Mass Effect on the last gen but aside from that Mario probably did more for me than beige coloured FPSes did.

Jump to Post

10.06.2013 12:37am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

SuperSquall said:

I am starting to lean Wii U now.  I did play a ton of Mass Effect on the last gen but aside from that Mario probably did more for me than beige coloured FPSes did.

Yes, because, clearly, that's all the PS3 and 360 offered last gen. Clearly.

Jump to Post

10.06.2013 6:20am

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Ashilyn said:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/10/winder-waker-hd-opens-to-worst-first-week-in-series-history/

I'm just gonna leave that here.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/251335/usa-preorders-chart-28-september-2013-nba-2k14-wind-waker-hd/

Whoever wrote that article has no point lol it says down on the page that it sold close to 80k in a week and the physical copy of the game only came out yesterday, so you can't say "oh worst week" -_-

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

10.06.2013 9:48am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

The staggered release between digital and hard copy of the game didn't do the sales figures any favours. It's incredibly weird Nintendo did that in the first place.

Jump to Post

10.06.2013 3:33pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Fuuko Sakurada said:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/251335/usa-preorders-chart-28-september-2013-nba-2k14-wind-waker-hd/

Whoever wrote that article has no point lol it says down on the page that it sold close to 80k in a week and the physical copy of the game only came out yesterday, so you can't say "oh worst week" -_-

That's for the US version of the game's pre-orders (and VGChartz' numbers are pretty sketchy; Could be a lot better or a lot worse). The article linked by Ashilyn is for the Japanese release, which comes straight from Media Create's statistics.

Mind you 80k is an atrocious number for a US release of a Zelda game the first week, but then the Wii U is doing very poorly here, too.

Jump to Post

10.06.2013 10:55pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Rhaegar said:

Yes, because, clearly, that's all the PS3 and 360 offered last gen. Clearly.
I don't recall saying it was, although it was most definitely their forte.

Jump to Post

10.07.2013 1:59pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

If it helps, I've been playing a lot of the Wonderful 101.  It's really good.

Jump to Post

10.07.2013 11:24pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

It's been a few days, no regrets or buyers remorse at all. I'm actually surprised how archaic this console makes their last look (even though ps4 and xbone will do that to the wiiu in november I'm sure).

Jump to Post

10.08.2013 10:46am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

The Wii was archaic when it came out. No HD? UGH. Having to buy component cables in order to not have to squint? I was super fortunate that nobody knew / cared about having decent looking Wii visuals, because I bought the last official component cable (in existence???) last week. There was a thick layer of dust on the box. In an electronics department. On the plus side, it cost way less than official cables should cost RRP.

I really really want to get a Wii U ASAP, but I'm not exactly in the right place to buy such things.

Jump to Post

10.08.2013 7:39pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

The new Super Smash Bros. will make me get a Wii U. I am content to wait until then. That, and SM3DW will be an instant buy. It's great to hear that the tablet can play Wii games now, too. What about VC games? Can you remote play with those yet?

Jump to Post

10.10.2013 12:33am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Coolsetzer said:

The new Super Smash Bros. will make me get a Wii U. I am content to wait until then. That, and SM3DW will be an instant buy. It's great to hear that the tablet can play Wii games now, too. What about VC games? Can you remote play with those yet?

Probably if you get the WiiU VC games. The Wii VC you import/transfer are only playable with the Wii controllers. You can use the tablet screen but only as a monitor. From what I've noticed, there are a few VC games you can pay 1.50$ to convert from Wii VC to WiiU VC. I'm not sold on the idea myself.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter