Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Nintendo just sold me on the WiiU... and I'm sad.

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

10.10.2013 9:27pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^And that's why I hate digital game distribution. The prices are always jacked up, and prevent me from getting everything I want. They really need to improve the Wii U and get on the ball.

Jump to Post

10.11.2013 4:57am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Coolsetzer said:

^And that's why I hate digital game distribution. The prices are always jacked up, and prevent me from getting everything I want.
Maybe it's because I've gone almost 100% to PC gaming, but that's one of the weirdest things I've ever read.

Jump to Post

10.11.2013 5:24am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Remember, Nintendo still doesn't know how the internet works.

Jump to Post

10.11.2013 3:31pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Yeah, that's me speaking from a console perspective. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't joined the internet revolution on gaming yet. That's a separate topic altogether.

Jump to Post

10.13.2013 2:25am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Yeah, there really is no excuse with Nintendo's online account system.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

10.19.2013 7:08am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

And.... I bought a Wii:U.  I will still probably go PS4 as well once FFXIV comes out, but that will likely be quite a while, and in the meantime: HD 3d Mario 4 player co-op?  Count me in.  Wind Waker HD has been absolutely fantastic, and I've been finishing The Last Story and greatly appreciated having an HDMI cable for it.  I cannot figure out why everyone hates the Wii U, I think it's fantastic.

Jump to Post

10.22.2013 8:34pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Are you saying a Wii U can actually make Wii games look better?  Because that would actually be a selling point for me.  Although if you can't transfer saves that would diminish the appeal somewhat.

Jump to Post

10.24.2013 12:52am

Ramses
Registered Member

I just saw on Cheapassgamer they have another bundle coming out with both New Super Mario Brothers U and New Luigi Super Brothers U on November 1. Of the four options this is the winner in my book!

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

10.24.2013 1:37am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

kirbenvost said:

Are you saying a Wii U can actually make Wii games look better?  Because that would actually be a selling point for me.  Although if you can't transfer saves that would diminish the appeal somewhat.
Yep, you can transfer saves, and it *sort of* makes Wii games look better. It is getting transferred through an HDMI cord so that is the source of the quality improvement.  It's crisper.  Now you're still only getting Wii polygon counts and texture resolutions, but the overall result is comparable to switching an XBox 360 from RGB component to HDMI - maybe not quite as big a jump.  In my opinion it made a huge difference to The Last Story though.  That game begged for HD.

Jump to Post

10.24.2013 2:34am

Zubis
Registered Member

KyleIII said:

Maybe it's because I've gone almost 100% to PC gaming, but that's one of the weirdest things I've ever read.

Onyx said:

Remember, Nintendo still doesn't know how the internet works.

It's not just Nintendo. At least in the EU PSN there are titles on sale that are $20-30 more than what they are in my local Gamestop. It's cheaper for me to get in my car and drive 10K to the store than it is to buy the game online.

I actually want to go 100% digital this generation, and while I feel I can on PC with Steam, I think I'll end up playing a lot less PS4 games if the prices are kept high.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter