Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

"Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception"

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

11.16.2011 4:23pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

True say, the Tau Sniper proved infinitely useful on my Hard difficulty run throughout that chapter, and didn't disappoint me at all on my Crushing run.

And ditto on the ninja'd T-Bolt rifle. Actually, I think that's how I survived that part on Hard mode, but I totally forgot that that's what I did to get past it; so it was a pleasant surprise gift on my second runthrough.

Now, I just gotta find four goons to blow up with a grenade...

Jump to Post

11.16.2011 4:50pm

Testament
Shamshot

There is a great spot for that trophy during the One Shot at This chapter.

Jump to Post

11.16.2011 5:39pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Thanks. I'll look out for it.

(Actually, I played that chapter last night to attempt getting that very trophy, thinking I could grenade the group of mercenaries that pour out of the second jeep you come across, but at that point in the level, I still had no grenades; so I used the opportunity to fulfill the requirements for a different trophy-- For the longest time, I thought Combat Leapfrog was all about softening up guys with gunfire and then meleeing them to death.)

Jump to Post

11.16.2011 5:47pm

Testament
Shamshot

You have the right spot.  I think one of the two guards in that area drops a grenade if stealth killed.

Jump to Post

11.22.2011 6:36pm

Makeshift Gray
FFO's Blank Earth

Finished the game last night. A few thoughts:

• I don't know how I'd compare it with its predecessors, overall, because it's difficult for me to evaluate objectively. Among Thieves absolutely blew me away by redefining cinematic action games, and it's impossible to recreate the feeling of experiencing that for the first time. So I think #3 was a little disappointing as a result of that and not necessarily because it's any less incredible by its own merits.
  • The combination of watching pre-release gameplay videos and playing the early multiplayer removed most of the surprise from the game, unfortunately. All the environments were already familiar, and I could more or less piece the whole plot together from the trailers.
  • Even so, the "holy shit" moments were still amazing. I think the water/cruise levels were my favorite, despite their relative irrelevance to the overall plot.
  • The villains were probably the most interesting of the series.
  • I love Elena Fisher. So much.

Jump to Post

12.05.2011 9:08pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Anyone ever try crushing Co-op Adventure levels on Crushing difficulty? I've done a couple (don't remember which ones), but I find that they're near impossible without communication of some kind, or at least an understanding of where you're supposed to position yourselves to properly defend against the oncoming hordes (although, to be fair, I wasn't so hot with the second thing when I was playing with a really good random player this one time-- They probably thought I was being an idiot on purpose. Unfortunately, I was the only one with a mic in the room, so s/he couldn't communicate strategy with me).

If anyone's up for it, I'd like to try tackling Co-op Adventure on Crushing; but whatever, I'm good with Hard difficulty, as well-- At least we can still try getting treasures, which are painfully scarce in Co-op Adventure either way. I have a mic, so even if you don't, I can still sort of bark orders that are in line with the tactics that I've seen better players than me use.

Word of warning, though: Monastery's no joke.

PSN: Ravenglass

Jump to Post

01.01.2012 10:49am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Why does it seem like Elena Fischer got plastic surgery for this game?

Jump to Post

01.02.2012 6:04pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I would like to see more changes once Uncharted 4 rolls around. Drake's Deception did feel a bit too familar for  my tastes in terms of what the single player campain has to offer.

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 12:39am

Seldomseen
Old Guard

RE: Your first post:

Elena and Chloe, I thought. Although I think the team at Naughty Dog still did great work on their character models, Elena's and Chloe's faces appear decidedly different than they did in Among Thieves. There's a certain Asian slant to them. It's not heinously bad or anything, I just don't know why their faces were changed so noticeably, compared to Drake's and Sully's.

Jump to Post

01.03.2012 3:15am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I started a few days after Christmas and I've been enjoying it nice and slowly to savor it.  Finished the solo campaign today (on easy... you guys with crushing are nuts; I'll do normal later though) and it may be slightly better than UC2 to me... but barely if so.  It's really hard to say because I went in to this game thinking I wouldn't like it since every damn ad for it was brown sand and you really don't see THAT much of the desert.  I didn't get stuck nearly as much as UC2 and the puzzle to fighting ratio was perfect.

On to multiplayer!

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter