Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

"Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception"

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

10.20.2011 4:32am
Thread Creator

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Since I don't have a PS3, I have never played any of the Uncharted series. However, this Japanese ad for Uncharted 3 made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ygYTsezlls

Now I want to get a PS3 and play the trilogy.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

10.20.2011 4:34am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

The first game is great.  The second game is completely amazing.  I can't wait for Christmas so I can sink my teeth into the third. :)

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

10.20.2011 4:38am

Testament
Shamshot

Both games are awesome. You must needs buy a PS3. Can hardly wait for DD.

Jump to Post

10.20.2011 6:25am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm glad I had the privelage to be one of the lucky animators on this game. And how I already know the whole story :D.
It's fun listening to speculations online. Yeah, not bragging at all :D

Here's the launch trailer.

Jump to Post

10.20.2011 6:33am

Dh
Not in the face!
The Alpha and the Omega

Awesome. I love this series. This game gives me a boner. You worked on it? You are giving me a boner, too. Awesome.

I made this for you!

Jump to Post

10.20.2011 1:17pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

Okay, I may not be able to purchase ICO/Colossus or Arkham City right now (although I really, really want the latter), but whatever the state of my funds is come November 1st, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is going to be played.

Congratulations, Id82, on what appears, in the strong tradition of the first two games, to be a job well done. :)

Now, can you tell us, for you, how many meanings there are for the subtitle, "Drake's Deception" (like, the first game had about 3 or 4 for "Drake's Fortune")? ;)

Jump to Post

10.20.2011 3:07pm

Crono

I know it's a nitpick considering his environments but there is a bit too much brown in this game for me.  I really hope there are some greens and or whites thrown in for good measure outside of the preview/etc vids.

Jump to Post

10.20.2011 3:33pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I'll definitely be picking it up, just regular version even though I kind of want the ring and belt buckle. I have no idea what I'd do with the statue. 

I've only beaten the 2nd one, but I'm halfway through the first, I think. I went out and bought the double pack that just came out to beat the 2nd one after starting it a lonnnnngg time ago on a rental and then started playing the first. 

I honestly love the games, but sometimes I hate them too. Sometimes it feels like the shooter sections have too many enemies or engagements....I'd bet good money that Lazarevic had enough men to take over a sizeable country, especially those last few levels in Tibet. It would seem like you walked into one of those areas and you'd suddenly have 75 enemies to take down. I know it's supposed to be more "shooter with some puzzles/platform" instead of "puzzles/platformer with some pew pew" but sometimes it feels too much, to the point of being unrealistic.  

Unfortunately I can say the same about some of the platforming sections. When you're in the Tibetan temple with Tenzin, it feels like it just goes on forever. It just goes on so long that you kind of lose that sense of immersion and you're suddenly like "who the hell makes these freakin places?". 

Everyone praises the pacing of these games, but every time an exasperated Drake shouts "OH COME ON!" or "You've got to be KIDDING ME!" I feel exactly the same way. Why would the devs want me to feel so frustrated? I enjoy a challenge but in these games, it almost feels artificial. Drake can easily take down 4 or 5 guys in a firefight, so we better throw 35 at him in the span of two minutes. 

All that said, I still love the games and I find it hard to put them down. If it wasn't for Arkham City, I'd still be chugging through the first one right now. After playing these games I find it very hard to go back and play a Tomb Raider. 

Jump to Post

10.21.2011 11:31pm

Areas
Formerly Kenshin

Game can't come soon enough.  Best part is that it comes out on my birthday. :D

Jump to Post

10.22.2011 5:32am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Crono said:

I know it's a nitpick considering his environments but there is a bit too much brown in this game for me.  I really hope there are some greens and or whites thrown in for good measure outside of the preview/etc vids.

Well this game is focused on a desert setting. Did you play the first and second one? The first one was more of a jungle setting and the second one was more of a snowy mountain area.

Jump to Post

10.24.2011 7:24pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

IGN 10/10
Gametrailers 9.5/10

Im excited for this game.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

10.24.2011 8:47pm

Seldomseen
Old Guard

^ Watched GT's review. Kind of sad to hear the campaign is only 8 hours (He said that, right?), but -damn- am I pumped.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 7:39pm

Crono

Id82 said:

Crono said:

Well this game is focused on a desert setting. Did you play the first and second one? The first one was more of a jungle setting and the second one was more of a snowy mountain area.
I played both but they varied the scenery even if there was a focus on snow or forest.  I just hate desert scenes.  Again, a small nitpick.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 10:07pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Well you do go to: No spoiler tags aren't working! So there is some varied environments in this one.

Jump to Post

10.27.2011 9:39pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I just feel like I"m not really a gamer - I couldn't get into Uncharted!

I bought it when it was cheap, played a couple hours in and gave it up as boring.  I don't know, I guess I just generally don't like games that center around gunplay.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter