Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Welcome to Gameshop

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

12.01.2011 4:07am

kjonez
with a Z

General corporate desperation Spidey. The usual comments and questions you get from a Gamestop are the same from many other types of stores out there. If I wanted to hang out and talk about shoes I might have been more submisive in giving information to the shoe store. I don't give a damn about shoes other than they go on my feet and I can walk on them. Gamestop sells video games and I enjoy talking about them every now and then. Fortunately the one near me doesn't bombard me with questions so I'm not too quick to get out the door with them as I would in any other store. Still the fact remains the same, every store out there wants your personal info and for you to sign up with their store card/rewards. That's really just not my bag baby.

Jump to Post

12.01.2011 4:52am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Man, and I thought my store's old "Thank you for calling  Gamestop, where you trade and save! This is (name). How may I help you?" was wordy, which was actually shorter than the old one. If it's actually gotten worse... yeesh.

Glad I don't like the phone now.

Jump to Post

12.01.2011 4:54am

Lews
Lord of the Morning

yeah, i'm always taken aback by the times i've gone to purchse something like clothing, shoes, etc., and i'm asked for my phone number or email or both.  i always just make something up and at times i'm tempted to fire back about how it's really none of their damned business, but i figure they're probably told to say all that shit, and just give them false info or just say i don't have one.

i've always been one to complain about how automated systems and robots are taking human jobs, but god damn if i don't feel like it's pretty much the same thing when i go in a store and they talk like one.  or if i call customer service and it feels like i could get about as much service out of an automated system.  i just wanna talk to someone, tell them my problem, and have them give me a suggestion based on THEIR ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE, not something they're reading out of a manual.  i swear, sometimes i think i can hear the page turning on the other line.

Jump to Post

12.01.2011 5:22am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I guess it really does depend on location.  Granted, I've called a couple of times and get the whole deal, but it's not like they'll put tons of pressure to do stuff.

Except this one guy, but I think he does it to be annoying.  They're mostly good, for the most part.

But for all our complaints, we have to remember that it's their job to run with the script, and it's not like they can't not say it, because it's required, and if they don't, they could lose their job.  It's a shitty job, but a job nonetheless.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter