Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

What's the latest game you purchased?

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 57 Next >

02.06.2012 3:23am

Amer
pew pew pew

I got Soul Calibur 5 on a whim. Someone had already traded in a copy at Gamestop, so I basically can return it if I want. 

I did the single player. It was fun. I've never played a SC before, and I like the fighting. I'm not sure the 360 controller is really suited for this game. The joystick and d-pad just feel like mush trying to pull some of these movies. I've got a Mad Catz TE stick sitting around, but haven't tried it with it yet. 

The single player options are a bit disappointing. That's true for most fighters after Mortal Kombat though. 

Anyway, I will be picking up Darkness 2 and RE: Revelations this week, so I might return SCV. Now that I've beat the single player, I don't see what else there is to do besides make my own character. Is SCIV any better? I could see picking that up for under $20. 

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 6:57am

Ashilyn
Career GM

SCIV is a bit better, but not by much. They're both pretty awful, to me the series ended with SCIII (which was fantastic, aside from it's save file glitches). If you're into CAC, SCV is way better, though.

Jump to Post

02.06.2012 4:26pm

JSG
Registered Member

I haven't played SC5, but unless it's some new, weaponized form of gigafail, I can't imagine SC4 actually being better than something.  I'd heavily recommend against that game.

Last game I bought was Sonic CD on XBLA, had some fun with it.  Ah, memories.  And it's the only classic Sonic game I've never been able to get on a modern system, so now the collection of Sonics I want is complete.  Also have the Darkness 2 preordered, just waiting until tomorrow to go pick it up.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 7:10am

tenken
Hooligan

After years of "Should I?  Shouldn't I?" I took the plunge and bought a copy of Suikoden II on eBay.  Previously, I had only been able to play it by borrowing Crono's copy (that he was nice enough to mail across the country), but overall, the Suikoden series has risen to be likely my favorite RPG franchise, and I wanted to say I own all the titles, even though Suikoden II isn't my favorite of them (that'd be III, with V also a strong contender).  So...yeah.  It showed up; it was in nice condition, and now my NA-release Suikoden collection is complete.  I want to do a series replay at some point, but the sheer hour investment of that undertaking I wouldn't even venture to guess.

In other news: anyone lookin' to buy a kidney? :)

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 3:15pm
 (Edited on 02.07.2012 at 4:46pm)

Testament
Shamshot

tenken said:

I want to do a series replay at some point, but the sheer hour investment of that undertaking I wouldn't even venture to guess.

I'm actually planning to do the same...well, not really a "re"play as I haven't played all of the games.  I recently finished the first and am now playing II (I've played both multiple times).  I've completed a good portion of III, in the past, but for some reason didn't finish it and I'll be playing IV and V for the first time.  I have Tactics but don't know if I want to play it after IV, or after V.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 6:11pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Well tenk, at least prices have gone down a little in the past several years and the average copy isn't $120 anymore.  I wanted to do a third series replay and made it through 1 and 2 since they are both short (I'd already done 108 runs so these were quick replays).  By the time I got to 3 I had so much in the backlog and games coming out I just couldn't add it to the fire since III and V are about a 30 hour replay (again... to me).  One day though... one day.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

02.07.2012 8:00pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Can't wait to get home and play the living bejesus out of it.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 2:45am

Amer
pew pew pew

Picked up Rocksmith for $50 on sale at Gamestop. I wasn't going to pay $80 for it, but at $50 I'll bite. Gives me a reason to pick up my guitar again. 

Jump to Post

02.16.2012 11:31pm

Testament
Shamshot

Catherine and Skies of Arcadia Legends.  The copy of SoA I picked up is sans manual, but the price was right.

Jump to Post

02.17.2012 3:54am

Lews
Lord of the Morning

Loved Demon's Souls and got tired of replaying it, so I gave in and bought Dark Souls.  Next game I get is probably gonna be Bioshock 2 or Super Mario 3D Land.  I'm so late at jumping on bandwagons.

Jump to Post

02.19.2012 5:19am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I was going to wait for Mass Effect 3 to be out for a few days and see what you had to say about it, but I couldn't help myself and bought it today.
Let's hope it doesn't have the impossibly tiny font that made Dragon Age 2 literally impossible for me to play; thankfully though, it is time for me to finally get a little HD TV to play games with, so either way, yay.

Jump to Post

02.19.2012 7:59am

Seelas
I want to go back.

I preordered Mass Effect 3, and also decided to continue my late-to-the-party SMT binge by getting Nocturne. I'm now 35 hours and three Kalpas in. Damn it, Atlus, where have you been all my life? This is some of the most flawless, unapologetic JRPGing to be had. Really, really pleased.

Jump to Post

02.19.2012 8:46am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Nocturne is, I daresay, the best Atlus game, and that's considering the fact that the rest are great.
It can get hard at times, but what a beauty of a game.

Jump to Post

02.19.2012 7:07pm

kjonez
with a Z

I pasesd up buying  Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning today because I've heard mixed reviews. Gameplay-wise it's got the goods but the story and other conent doesn't match the quality. I'll try it out when the used copies start showing up.

Jump to Post

02.29.2012 12:00am

KyleIII
Registered Member

I picked up SSX on my lunch break. Been looking forward to it for quite a while, hopefully it lives up to my fond memories of the first three games!

I also picked up Assassins Creed revelations on Steam, since it's currently on sale and I had a coupon to make it even cheaper. I already played through the game on the 360, but my Live subscription is expiring soon. I don't plan on renewing it, at least for awhile, and that was pretty much the only game I played online on the console.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 57 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter