Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Wii U, PS4, X-Box 720...

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

02.04.2012 4:02pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Colinp42 said:

Will probably pick up GOTY used at some point. 

It was less than $10 a few weeks ago. :(

Jump to Post

02.04.2012 5:10pm

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

Indiana Jerico said:

Jesus, whatever happened to just pop in a disc and play without any worries that you won't be able to play them because you got a new machine/not connected to the Internet? Today's console gaming sucks.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"
Amen to that. I do find that I love PSone Classics though. So many good games I never played. Vagrant Story was my game of the year, 11 years after it came out. I love that one.

Honestly, I'm just hoping that I can have the option to screencap stuff at any time in the game ala Tactics Ogre on PSP. Great Avatar fodder right there.

Honestly, since keeping up has been so difficult, I'll probably plan to take all of the next gen catching up on THIS gen, and likely quit afterwards. As it was said earlier, it's the games that count.

Jump to Post

02.05.2012 3:27am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Som said:
With all this crap about used games, a simple solution is to just bypass retailers all together. Once internet speeds are faster (which won't take long) it would be very simple to just release games on the PSN or the xbox arcade thing. Now if they do that, what will stop them from saying "hey, there's no competition on here since we control what's on the console" and just jack up the prices.
This is already a reality on the PC, and there's no reason it couldn't be on consoles. Of course, the 360 does already sell its games online, but they only get put up months after release, usually at a higher price than what they've gone to at retail, and sales are infrequent and generally not very impressive. Combined with proprietary hard drives that cost far too much for how little content they hold, there's very little reason to purchase non-XBLA games online. I have no idea if the PS3 is any better (although I know they at least let you use any hard drive with it), but I highly doubt it's anywhere on the level of PC digital distribution stores. Considering the size of my Steam library, I'm probably the most likely type of consumer to purchase 360 games online, and yet the only two I own are Fable 2 & Halo: Reach, which I got for free.

If the next generation of consoles began releasing games online on the actual release date (and allowed preloading), I'd be very likely to make use of the service. As long as I was able to redownload, transfer between consoles, and play offline, of course, but all that is already available on the current Xbox Live. I certainly wouldn't purchase anything downloadable on a Nintendo console.

Jump to Post

02.05.2012 4:07am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I think one type of game that can really benifit from DLC content is the Fighter Genre.  Sadly, I've only seen one game really take advantage of that.

I'm talking about adding new characters that were never in the original game, to make things fresh.  The came in question is Blazblue, particularly, it's sequel.  Within a year of it's release, three character's were released via DLC, and they were not carbon copies of other characters.

It's actually a shame, really.  I don't know of any other fighter out there that actually uses this to it's advantage.

My opinion on DLC in general?  Frankly, I think certain companies should do DLC period.  I'm talking about Bandai Namco and Capcom, because they don't offer anything at all.  Otherwise, if it helps expand the experience of the game, I'm fine with it.

Jump to Post

02.05.2012 8:05am

Crisium
N/A

Well, Capcom added 4 DLC fighters and a balance patch to SSFIV with the Arcade Edition.  And, realizing it was unbalanced, they even gave a free balance fix.

But they screwed up with Marvel 3.  I don't know how you can releaize two Marvel 3s in the same year, especially when you promised DLC.

Jump to Post

02.09.2012 7:59am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just enjoy having a collection of games that's physical and goes in your bookshelf/closet. 

Jump to Post

02.10.2012 2:48pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Here is the current next gen rumor floating around.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

02.10.2012 5:45pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The British gaming magazines, especially CVG and MVC, are prone to posting a lot of BS. So obligatory "I'll believe it when I see it."

Jump to Post

02.10.2012 6:03pm

Zubis
Registered Member

^ This. I bought a magazine last week for the first time in oh, ten years and it had the biggest collection of BS I've ever seen.

Jump to Post

02.11.2012 4:12am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

IF that happens to all the consoles i"m pretty much relegating myself to PC gaming for the rest of my life. I absolutely don't have any fun playing video games only on a touch screen. Usually if I've withstood a touch screen only game, it was just such a good game it could have been game of the decade if it were using a regular controller.

Not that the rumor has any credibility to it, nor is it likely, but still.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter