Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Wii U, PS4, X-Box 720...

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

01.29.2012 4:47am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

What would you like to see in the next gen of consoles.

There are 2 major things I wanna see.

1. All 3 systems should be able to have all Downloaded games moved to the new system.

2. In the case of PS4 and Wii U I  think you should be able to move any downloaded Classic games that you bought on the system to the approate handled (3DS, Vita)

What about you guys?

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 5:12am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Games that don't suck.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 5:17am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Backwards compatibility for games I care about (or barring that, re-releases) and a controller that isn't annoying are high on my list.  I'm not sure yet if I'll be getting a new console, though.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 5:27am

Crisium
N/A

Free online play.  I really hope Sony continues this.  PSN Plus may be a sign of things to come, however.

More cross-platform play.  The 360 really only did it with Shadowrun.  The PS3 is only now testing the waters with Portal 2.  I don't really like Games for Windows like Microsoft tries to force, but PS3 steam integration seems like it could have a future.  The PS3 already has Keyboard and Mouse support, even if only one or two games support it.  I'd love to get a vritual X86-64 machine on the PS4 and have Steam support for actual PC games.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 5:34am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

There are major rumers out there that the Wii U's online system will be ran by steam. That would be freaky if it was true.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 6:00am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Onyx said:

Games that don't suck.
This. The games are EVERYTHING.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 6:07am

Milky Ore
Kickin' it old school

I want to see the majority of games continue to be released on the current gen.  I play games for the gameplay, and the current gen is definitely shiny enough as is.  If I can save a few hundred dollars by delaying the next console buy for a couple of years, then I'll be a happy camper.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 9:13am

KyleIII
Registered Member

I'd definitely like to see a more open online system that gives developers more freedom to support and update their games as they see fit. I really hate hearing stories about developers not being aloud to provide DLC without charging for it and patches and updates being stuck in certification hell.

One of the reasons I've gone back primarily to PC gaming.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 11:46am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Onyx said:

Games that don't suck.

This...but also that the rumour that the 720 will be anti-used games. I don't want online passes/activations to become the norm for all games, but it appears that's the way things are headed.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 12:37pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Game development cycles that won't take 5 years to make a game.
All downloaded games on PSN, Xbox Live should be moved across.

The Steam Wii U rumour is interesting, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. I don't see them making that jump and loosing so much control.

Btw, Microsoft and Sony both confirmed as of last week, no next gen reveal at E3 until next year at the earliest.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 2:08pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

How about more exclusives and less multi-platform games.  That way there will be real differences between XBox and PlayStation other than the controller and a handful of games.

Jump to Post

01.29.2012 11:43pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Dude, no. It's bad enough that I bought a PS3 just for MGS4.

Personally I'd feel the industry needs to move to a homogenised hardware solution but distinct service solutions, think GaaS - Gaming as a Service. Won't happen with the next gen though.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 12:00am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I would like to see the end of limited time exclusives for multiplatform games.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 1:12am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Backwards compatibility, decent library within 2 years of launch, free online play, and that'll do it.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 1:40am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Clowd Cole said:

There are major rumers out there that the Wii U's online system will be ran by steam. That would be freaky if it was true.

Screwed if true, there are still regions around the world that whose internet isnt capable of what Steam can do.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter