Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Wii U, PS4, X-Box 720...

01.30.2012 4:21am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

One fucking console, and focus on the GAMES.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 5:04pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Big Tall said:

Onyx said:

Games that don't suck.

This...but also that the rumour that the 720 will be anti-used games. I don't want online passes/activations to become the norm for all games, but it appears that's the way things are headed.

What's to stop you from using the original activiation code that came with the game, even if it's bought used? Can an activiation code only be used once? I will lol once 720's start failing and people not only have to replace their systems but GAMES as well under this system.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 5:48pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Yup, only used once.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 5:56pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Spidey said:

What's to stop you from using the original activiation code that came with the game, even if it's bought used? Can an activiation code only be used once? I will lol once 720's start failing and people not only have to replace their systems but GAMES as well under this system.

It'll be linked to your Xbox Live profile rather that the system.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 11:51pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

I'll go ahead and say that if Microsoft decides to go that route with used games with their next system, I'll stick with the next Playstation console as long as they don't the same.

Jump to Post

01.30.2012 11:59pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

So if your internet connection is down and can't verify that the game you are playing has an activiation code on it, you can't play any xbox 720 games? FAIL

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 12:03am

Zubis
Registered Member

Spidey said:

So if your internet connection is down you can't play any xbox 720 games? FAIL

Dude this isn't new, this exists on the 360 right now.  If you move your Xbox Live profile to a new console you can't play most Arcade  titles offline because the licences exist on the other Xbox - you actually have to do a licence transfer.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

I do find it interesting that no-one here has complained there is no way to sell your purchased Xbox Live titles. I've got a Live profile for 4 or 5 years now and I must have racked up at least $200 worth of purchases....why can't I sell them?

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 12:12am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

That's horrible. I never knew about that issue as I've only had everything on one  machine. Sure most of the time I have no issues, but sometimes the only thing fun to do when the internet is down is play some video games.  I'm sure I can use piracy/hacking to beat the system (as in buy a used game, disconnect from the internet and use a hack of sort to play it offline), but it's still terrible.

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 12:29am

Zubis
Registered Member

Microsoft's model is pretty reasonable actually - you can do a full transfer every four months and if your original console dies you can just start the process online.

Sony only allow content on two consoles, but also allow a transfer to happen online in case your console dies.

NIntendo don't allow transfers at all - if your Wii dies you loose everything.

https://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/05/black-wii-upgrade/

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 12:58am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Jesus, whatever happened to just pop in a disc and play without any worries that you won't be able to play them because you got a new machine/not connected to the Internet? Today's console gaming sucks.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 1:05am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Zubis said:

Microsoft's model is pretty reasonable actually - you can do a full transfer every four months and if your original console dies you can just start the process online.

Sony only allow content on two consoles, but also allow a transfer to happen online in case your console dies.

NIntendo don't allow transfers at all - if your Wii dies you loose everything.

https://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/05/black-wii-upgrade/

Nintendo DID change that policy with the 3DS a bit, to where you can do a system transfer from 3DS to 3DS.

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 1:11am

Zubis
Registered Member

Why are people complaining about this on consoles and not on PCs?

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 1:12am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Zubis said:

CD Keys have been a part of PC gaming life forever I guess.

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 2:07am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I"m not familiar with PC gaming at all, but cant you back up your PC anytime you want so you'd just restore on another HD if it ever crashed?

Jump to Post

01.31.2012 2:31am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

amaron said:

Zubis said:

CD Keys have been a part of PC gaming life forever I guess.

Pretty much this. It just takes away the used game market. Being able to trade in some old games I never play is something I don't really want to give up.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter