Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Annnnnnd Xenoblade Chronicles is on the endangered list.....

02.20.2013 2:06am

Amer
pew pew pew

I'm pretty sure it was a Gamestop exclusive because GS paid or did something to help get it over here. Without GS it might not even have come over, so let's not blame them for this one. 

And I'm one of those who bought XC on release, put in about 20 hours and then got rid of it because I knew I wasn't going to be playing it anymore. 

XC is all about the gameplay, and frankly I just grew tired of it. I was sick of MMORPG like quests where I had to go collect 10 of this or kill 10 of those and they are just everywhere. I know there are people here that love that kind of stuff and sunk 150+ hours into it, but I like a little more focused experience. There were so many other things to do you just couldn't ignore it. 

The story that I saw was decent but largely predictable. 

I honestly thought Radiant Historia was a lot better. I think Xenoblade was really hyped and the review scores are inflated because of that and because of the utter dearth of quality jRPGs this generation. I think Ni No Kuni, while another solid game like Xenoblade, is basically the same deal. 

I think I still have the little art book that came with it. I wonder how much that goes for. 

Jump to Post

02.20.2013 2:24am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I don't hate on GS for trying to make a profitable business venture. They just often screw the customers over with their aggressive business practices. Plus they like to drive the mom & pop shops out of business whenever they move into a town.

Jump to Post

02.20.2013 3:39pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Coolsetzer said:

Went to Gamestop today to inquire about XC. Got told that it was an GS exclusive and only saw a 5 month print run. They looked it up for me and there are no new copies anywhere at a GS in the U.S. So now it's at the mercy of the second hand market. All I have to say is, way to screw the pooch guys. Another reason that they suck.

Good news on FE is that Best Buy got new stock for that game this week. They had plenty of copies at the store when I went. GS is telling me that they only get a few copies in at a time, and it could be months before another print run.

Dafuq?  I just got a new copy of Xenoblade from my local Gamestop last month, and I know there was more than one copy.  I'd say try any other local one first before you begin a grand second hand search.

Jump to Post

02.20.2013 4:45pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Gamestop is giving FOURTY FIVE DOLLARS trade in for Xenoblade.

Jump to Post

02.20.2013 5:58pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I mean, I'll hate on GS for anything, but I don't remotely think they're to blame for how rare Xenoblade is. I put more of it on Nintendo for not properly anticipating the demand for the game when they did the first print run. THey actually did good by helping bring that game over, since by all impressions it wouldn't have happened otherwise. I wouldn't even remotely consider this one of thier "aggressive business practices".

Jump to Post

02.20.2013 6:06pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, there's a lot of terrible things Gamestop is responsible for.  I say that as a former employee. But if it wasn't for them, Xenoblade would have never seen US shores. And XSEED possibly wouldn't have been convinced to get the rights to Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

And the low supply is a lot more on NOA than Gamestop. Like Howie said, NOA has shown that it doesn't really know how to properly distribute niche games.

Jump to Post

02.20.2013 7:48pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

amaron said:

Gamestop is giving FOURTY FIVE DOLLARS trade in for Xenoblade.

Hmm...I almost want to do that since I'm hard up for money, even though I haven't actually PLAYED it yet.  My husband has an annoying habit of buying everything on my Amazon wish list for Christmas...he can't stick to budgets...and he buys them right from Amazon so lord knows how much he paid for my copy.

Jump to Post

02.20.2013 9:25pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Colinp42 said:

Hmm...I almost want to do that since I'm hard up for money, even though I haven't actually PLAYED it yet.  My husband has an annoying habit of buying everything on my Amazon wish list for Christmas...he can't stick to budgets...and he buys them right from Amazon so lord knows how much he paid for my copy.

If it's region 1 mint, I'll give you $60. =)

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 12:51am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Colinp42 said:

Please don't.

Please sell it to someone here. If not Coolsetzer then me. :P

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 3:45am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Or me!.

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 7:25am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I'm with Howie,  it is completely criminal that this game is so hard to find. It is truly a masterpiece. Hope you all get a chance to play it soon.

Protip; if any of you guys have gamefly, the game IS available on there for rent, and you can always take the option to "keep it" and pay the price of the game - I think 40 or 50 dollars. At least this is the word on the internet. Check that out. 

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 12:03pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

^ Oh right, I forgot to check that out!.

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 2:03pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Yeah, I probably won't sell it.  Really should though.  Then again I really should also sell my Suikoden 2 that I probably won't ever play again, but just can't.

I am considering selling one of my 2 PS3s though, since PS4's on it's way :P

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 5:22pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

BTW, both Last Story standard and limited editions are restocked on XSEED's online store now. $30 for standard, $40 for the LE.

https://www.xseedgames.com/store.php#wii

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 5:35pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I know a lot of you don't condone piracy but if the game just is NOT available I say go for it; it's not your fault that the after market wants to gauge you and the makers wouldn't pick up any $ out of your pocket from that sale anyways.  Hell, go buy a EU or JP copy if that makes you feel better and then pirate the US version (or you know, use the EU version). 

Or just send them a small check as a donation.  I'm sure they'll gladly take it.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter