Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Annnnnnd Xenoblade Chronicles is on the endangered list.....

02.21.2013 5:53pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Ordered last story from game stop for thirty bucks a few nights ago. Also bought a forum members copy of pal xenoblade (thank you)! I encourage people that have extra copies to sell to forum members to support our community of rpg addicts lol

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 6:15pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, I'd rather pirate the game than give some Ebay speculator 3 figures for a game. Those people are much scummier than the pirates, really.

Speaking hypothetically of course since I bought the game day 1 from my local Gamestop. But yeah.

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 6:24pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Well, I'm a collector, so there's no point for me to go a less tasteful route. I'll have to keep my eye on XC for a good deal. It worked last week with Metroid Prime Trilogy! I just have to be diligent.

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 7:35pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Yeah. I pre-ordered Ni No Kuni and I've already pre-ordered Pandora's Tower. I TRIED to pre-order Fire Emblem Awakening, but ended up having to chase a physical copy instead because the Gamestop where I usually pre-order from wasn't allowed to take pre-orders and the manager told me not to bother waiting around for a physical copy. I generally don't like Gamestop, but the managers and clerks at the particular store I shop at (Springfield, NJ) are particularly knowledgeable and helpful, so I'm loyal to them more than the company.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 7:45pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Hah! Gamestop should have offered Nintendo an exclusive distribution deal for Fire Emblem. Now they have egg on their face because they don't have it, while stores like WalMart and Best Buy do. But then again, if you missed this game because of real life, you would be out of luck like XC. =(

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 8:06pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Fire Emblem is less of an issue because of digital distribution. Now, downloading 1gb to an SD card on the 3DS would be a huge pain in the ass, but the game is highly gettable unless you want a physical copy, which I did.

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 9:41pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Coolsetzer said:

Well, I'm a collector, so there's no point for me to go a less tasteful route. I'll have to keep my eye on XC for a good deal. It worked last week with Metroid Prime Trilogy! I just have to be diligent.

Actually, as a collector I have more incentive to pirate games. What I do is pirate a game to play and beat it, but  for every game I also buy the games ans just leave them sealed up in my room. The outcome to the universe is exactly the same as if you didn't pirate it but just opened up the copy I bought, except as a collector you get to have an unopened copy of all your favorite games. It's win win scenario honestly. There is not a negative thing to happen to a single person with this behavior IMO. You aren't screwing a person out of getting a copy as you would have bought one anyway; game companies get the money since you bought the game; and you get to have a cool looking collection with sealed copies of games.

Jump to Post

02.21.2013 10:43pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Crono said:

I know a lot of you don't condone piracy but if the game just is NOT available I say go for it; it's not your fault that the after market wants to gauge you and the makers wouldn't pick up any $ out of your pocket from that sale anyways.  Hell, go buy a EU or JP copy if that makes you feel better and then pirate the US version (or you know, use the EU version). 

Or just send them a small check as a donation.  I'm sure they'll gladly take it.

Once they allow me to softmod the Wii U Wii mode then I probably will just pirate it at that point.

Jump to Post

02.28.2013 1:15pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I'm glad I snagged a copy at launch, I haven't got around to playing it yet (I opted for The Last Story first), but think I'll get around to it during the typical slow summer. I'm also trying to make an effort to buy less games these days so that I'm not wasting time grinding through titles for the sake of it.

Jump to Post

03.04.2013 8:38pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I just got a gamestop email that said they'd give me $48 to trade in Xenoblade. That's $2 less than I actually paid for it (not including tax).

Not that I'd do it, but hot damn.

Jump to Post

03.04.2013 8:54pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Maybe I did get one of the last copies in the universe after all...

Now I'm paranoid about missing out on Last Story.

Jump to Post

03.05.2013 3:57am

Ramses
Registered Member

I still see Last Story at Best Buy so your in luck there.  I could have gotten a copy of XenoBlade, but every single one was a 'New' Copy that the store had already opened...The exact reason I stopped going to GameStop years ago.  I've been in a GS once in about 5 years because that was the absolute only place I could get Warriors Orochi 3.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

03.05.2013 4:55am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

XSEED has plenty of copies of Last Story on their online store as they just did a fresh reprinting. Amazon, too. $30 for the standard, $40 for the CE.

Jump to Post

03.05.2013 5:08am
 (Edited on 03.05.2013 at 5:15am)

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^Yeah, you're good on TLS. Damn Gamestop for making XC exclusive. D= I also hate their pawn shop mentality.

Jump to Post

03.05.2013 2:52pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Gamestop didn't determine how many copies were printed. That's on Nintendo. Again, look at Fire Emblem and Operation Rainfall. I'm pretty much sure we have Gamestop to thank for the fact that we got the game at all.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter