Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Mass Effect 3 Ending Discussion (May Have Unmarked Spoilers)

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 56 Next >

02.18.2012 3:57am

Som
Genitals are Funny

I made this pic really quick just to show ashley from 2 and 3. Now i'm not complaining, sexy or whatever people are saying. But i will emphasis my previous comment. She does look weird now, compared to how she use to look.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 4:13am

Southern Comfort
silently judging all of you

If you'll notice, all the in-game faces are built with the same engine that you build Shepard's face with, and the difference in Ashely is taking the same set of facial statistics and running it through a slightly tweaked facial engine (albeit with a different hair style).  It's no worse than the change in Shepard's face between ME1 and ME2.

Also, as far as skin tone, the two screencaps have different color temps.  Anyone's skin will look more brown in yellow-ish lighting like Horizon had.

Bioware I trust to give me an enjoyable game.  It's EA I'm trusting to fuck everything up.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 4:48am
 (Edited on 02.18.2012 at 4:54am)

Ashilyn
Career GM

She doesn't look weird to me. I notice barely any difference besides the changes that would come with ME3's upgraded engine. Her face is almost exactly the same - the hair does a lot to change how it's framed, making it look more different than it really is.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 4:53am

Southern Comfort

Ashley Williams: Hot Sexy Latino.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 4:56am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Southern Comfort said:

Ashley Williams: Hot Sexy Latino.

There's a reason 2/3 of my femSheps have a girlboner for her.  Hot latino no-nonsense marine?  All the other human trooper-types (until Vega, I suppose) have been boring-ass Kaiden or even-more-boring-ass Jacob.  Hell--all the human male characters are super-dull.  If your femShep isn't into aliens the pickings have been kind of slim so far.

Excluding Zaeed.  But man, that would be a hilarious relationship to pursue.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 5:08am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

Onyx said:

I could never get into Jade Empire. And their Sonic RPG for the DS was just plain bad, though I blame that more on the material they had to work with more than anything.

I loved Jade Empire but got too bored and frustrated with Baldur's Gate II and quit. Which pretty well illustrates the pointlessness of complaining about people not liking Bioware's latest output. Different fans want different things from these games, plain and simple. Dragon Age 2 in particular was made for this reaction, because Origins was a throwback in so many ways and 2 was anything but. Fans of isometric, etc. who were happy to see a return to the old days were unsurprisingly unhappy when the sequel was something completely different.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 5:32am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Onyx said:

I could never get into Jade Empire. And their Sonic RPG for the DS was just plain bad, though I blame that more on the material they had to work with more than anything. Other than those two games I've enjoyed pretty much everything they've done from BG1 on (even NWN, which is probably the game I like least out of the games they made that I like), though I never played Shattered Steel.

The TORtanic stuff is hilariously petty and sad. Especially when TOR's actually doing pretty well.

The sad thing is, until SOnic Generation, the Sonic RPG (which I though was pretty fun. Not amazing, but good for a car trip) was the best Sonic game since the Dreamcast days. And the TOR stuff just makes me laugh. BIOWARE MADE AN MMO! CLEARLY IT WILL FAIL AND THEY WILL SUFFER FOR JUMPING SHIP ON FANS! God, get over yourselves.

Althrough there is one game everyone seems to have forgotten that Bioware did - the amazing MDK2. Which I think is available on Steam now. If you never played it, I -think- it's on Steam, and probably GOG. It's worth playing to see Bioware doing a pure third person shooter, and seeing them do it right (in b4 "what about Mass Effect 2"). God, I loved that game back in the day.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 5:50am

Southern Comfort

reido said:

Hot latino no-nonsense marine?

I'm tempted to do a no-romance run of ME1 and ME2 just so I can girl-bone her free of guilt in ME3

Excluding Zaeed.  But man, that would be a hilarious relationship to pursue.

Real hilarity?  Zaeed x Jack.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 5:53am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

MDK2 was fantastic. The first MDK wasn't even that great, but MDK2 just went far and beyond in terms of improving for a sequel.

Also you guys are making me think of Ashley Williams as a typical One Tough Chica Michelle Rodriguez character. Stop that.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 6:02am

Southern Comfort

Now I'm imagining Williams with a smart gun strapped to her waist laying waste to a horde of mooks.  It only makes me lust after her more.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 6:33am

Som
Genitals are Funny

reido said:

Hot latino no-nonsense marine?
How come when you said that the first person i thought of was:

As for the Ashley thing, yeah i guess i didn't take into account the changes to the engine. Not as weird now.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 6:35am

Southern Comfort

I think we have it.  Ashley Williams is Vasquez.

(apparently the actress who played Vasquez now makes plus-sized bras for a living.  no joke.)

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 6:42am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Onyx said:

Kyle: As I recall, you're a big fan of The Witcher games? Are you ok with the games treating their female characters as little more than sexual conquests? Because I personally find that a lot more troubling than Bioware giving its female designs curves and a little skin.

I mean, I like The Witcher. And I like Bioware's games. And that stuff doesn't really bother me as these games are power fantasies more than anything. Just trying to get a feel for your stance here.
I definitely find many aspects of the Witcher games problematic, particularly the infamous sex cards from the first game. I am troubled by some of the stuff in those games, just like I'm troubled by some of the things in the Mass Effect games. I still enjoy both series, though, but at the same time I recognize there are problematic aspects to them.

I do feel the second game did a much better job with its female characters, and thankfully toned down the pandering, although there were definitely still issues. I will say, though, that Triss's standard outfit is one of my personal favorite examples of female character design (http://witcher2game.com/the-game/characters/triss-merigold/).
Ashilyn said:
As for Bioware's female character designs ...eh? I see nothing wrong with any of the outfits in ME2 specifically, they were all fitting of the characters.
To me, arguments about how fitting the designs are for the characters fly right out the window when you've got stuff  like this popping up during what are supposed to be serious conversations. How can you call that anything but sexist pandering?

It also speaks to a larger problem in video games about just how prevalent those kinds of character designs are, despite the fact that there's always some sort of in-universe explanation about why it's OK. When an industry is heavily dominated by straight, white, males then character designs are going to tend to drift towards those that straight, white, males enjoy, especially when there are so few examples to the contrary. It's not necessarily malevolent, and it often seems to be almost unconcious based on the way developers usually react when called on it, but I do feel it's something that should be spoken out against.

Please note, I'm not saying all female characters should be wearing burkas, I just don't think it should be so hard to find interesting characters that aren't running around in stuff like skintight catsuits and chainmail bikinis.
If you want to talk about stupid gender stuff, let's talk about Jack being healed by Male Shepard's magical penis. That STILL pisses me off.
Oh, I definitely agree with you there, that was right up there with blatently sexually harassing your secretary as the most flat-out uncomfortable Mass Effect 2 made me.

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 7:38am

Seelas
I want to go back.

Ashilyn said:
If you want to talk about stupid gender stuff, let's talk about Jack being healed by Male Shepard's magical penis. That STILL pisses me off.
I'm actually curious, I've never played ME2 as a male Shepard. What exactly happens with this?

Jump to Post

02.18.2012 9:37am

KyleIII
Registered Member

Basically she shows up in your cabin before the final mission and breaks down and says, "you're right, I do need someone to love." and then she and Shepard start making out with tears streaming down her face the entire time and it's really uncomfortable.

On another note, I am curious if there's been much word on the structure of the game. One thing I really liked about Mass Effect 2 was that it ditched the old standby RPG structure of 'intro>first hub>four hubs you can do in any order>endgame'. It allowed for a lot more story possibilities and cut down on the filler quests. I'd really like to see 3 handle its quests in a similar way.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 56 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter